**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Just lost all my raid charges and I'm not sure I understand why

N1nj4SkillzZN1nj4SkillzZ Posts: 25
edited January 17 in General Discussion
Hey so we're on the last mini-boss of my line, which is Thanos. I was at 14 charges, Thanos Killed me, and then I lost every charge. I'm not sure I understand why that happened, because in my previous attempts against Maestro or Kang, I did die and I didn't lose any charges (Maybe 1) But definitely not 14. Someone else experienced the same thing?

Comments

• Options
    peixemacacopeixemacaco Posts: 1,237 ★★★
    edited January 17

Hey so we're on the last mini-boss of my line, which is Thanos. I was at 14 charges, Thanos Killed me, and then I lost every charge. I'm not sure I understand why that happened, because in my previous attempts against Maestro or Kang, I did die and I didn't lose any charges (Maybe 1) But definitely not 14. Someone else experienced the same thing?

Wait a minute.
    Some raid experts will help you...

👍
  • Options
    SecondSkrillerSecondSkriller Posts: 953 ★★★★
    DrZola said:

Same here. Game glitched at runout and I swiped up to close. Health penalty or full KO—fine. But all charges for each class gone? Surely that can’t be intentional? @Kabam Miike ?

Dr. Zola

Edit: https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/357681/raid-role-charges-missing-after-disconnect#latest

Not the only one. If this is a feature, then it wasn’t in any of the info Kabam gave out. If it’s a bug, then it needs a remedy and a fix quickly.

Happened to me aswell, needs fast fix because this is not ok.
  • Options
    GizzillaGizzilla Posts: 13
    I'm having my intercepts not register when fighting Thanos. Same type of intercepts that will register against champs like the grandmaster not registering against Thanos. I'm not the only one in my alliance having this issue either. And no, they are not special attack intercepts, just regular intercepts you would do after punishing a special attack with a small combo and then dashing back and immediately attacking are not counting.
  • Options
    Graves_3Graves_3 Posts: 1,311 ★★★★★
    Gizzilla said:

I'm having my intercepts not register when fighting Thanos. Same type of intercepts that will register against champs like the grandmaster not registering against Thanos. I'm not the only one in my alliance having this issue either. And no, they are not special attack intercepts, just regular intercepts you would do after punishing a special attack with a small combo and then dashing back and immediately attacking are not counting.

Same here. Block is at times not registering as well.
  • Options
    DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,551 ★★★★★
    Agree @Gizzilla and @Graves_3 we have had similar issues but with Maestro. It feels like trying to get an evade-prowess against old Act 6 Champion.

Dr. Zola
  • Options
    HungaryHippoHungaryHippo Posts: 774 ★★★★
    Gizzilla said:

It's likely because Thanos is mega passive. He's probably just running forward and not dashing. He's doing that to get in range to throw a light so he can intercept your dash.
  • Options
    Vegeta9001Vegeta9001 Posts: 1,348 ★★★★
    edited January 17
    Yeah Thanos is a mess, he holds his specials even with throw specials more likely node,he backs off over and over or walks at you making intercept mission rough, and block mission is a straight up oversight with the pierce buffs. Had alliance mates complaining about charges not registering, disappearing or not working. Raids is a shambles, I've been lucky so far having only one fight where the charges didn't save, none disappearing yet luckily.

From my understanding a lot of issues with losing charges is theyre counted as cross-fights / pre-fights like horseman and herald boosts, so a time out, a quit out or a DC anything that isn't a natural death just wipes them.
  • Options

Yeah Thanos is a mess, he holds his specials even with throw specials more likely node,he backs off over and over or walks at you making intercept mission rough, and block mission is a straight up oversight with the pierce buffs. Had alliance mates complaining about charges not registering, disappearing or not working. Raids is a shambles, I've been lucky so far having only one fight where the charges didn't save, none disappearing yet luckily.

From my understanding a lot of issues with losing charges is theyre counted as cross-fights / pre-fights like horseman and herald boosts, so a time out, a quit out or a DC anything that isn't a natural death just wipes them.

That’s my understanding too. Discussion of this point is going on in a couple of threads, but I’m hoping that gets straightened out. Problem is this is essentially a beta we are playing, and other than the two revives a day, some of us are also using real (albeit easy to come by) resources like low level AQ revives and pots.

My choice, but also a situation created by game design that will be rectified when the actual Raids product comes out.

Dr. Zola
  • Options

Currently sitting for 5 minutes waiting for game to load so I can reenter Raids.

@Kabam Miike knowing the team decided to make force closes and DCs wipe all Role charges, what’s the best option for me?

I’m in the same location I’ve been playing off and on all afternoon.

Dr. Zola
  • Options
    BigBlueOxBigBlueOx Posts: 1,587 ★★★★★
    Ugh that sucks for you guys.
  • Options

Spoiler: Charges are all wiped.

Since @Kabam Miike is active today, it seems like it’s fair to ask a few questions:
    1. Why did the team decide to implement this as part of the Raids design?
    2. Will the team address this feature of Raids in subsequent installments?
    3. Will the team redress problems caused by this design decision in the current installment of Raids?

I’m confident I’m not the only one affected by this given there are multiple threads. I’m also not able to see any responses from the team on this one, so excuse me if it’s already been answered. But I’d just like to register my disappointment with this aspect of Raids and ask for some insight here.

Dr. Zola
  • Options
    Vegeta9001Vegeta9001 Posts: 1,348 ★★★★
    edited January 19
    Considering how buggy it is at the moment, the fact I've also had 3 chests and all 3 contains 1/4 of a t6cc is abysmal, I could buy that for less effort in BG.

Really not persuading me to play a Mode that evidently wasn't tested enough.

Dying to the block mission 3 times and having an alliance mate time out due to a pause for phone call and lose all our charges to plow through and get 1/4 for the third time. Yeah, nah.
  • Options
    airmundoairmundo Posts: 146
    Looks to be the same as what’s implemented in incursions. If you force close or are disconnected then all of your pre-fights disappear on re-entry. In the case of raids, that’s charges. Just had this happen to us on ultron boss when we were fully ramped and had him at 60%…had to start from the bottom.

Seems like something that needs to be fixed. If a force close or disconnect happens then just have the player lose all health. That’s a better outcome versus losing charges because then you’re talking up to 10 revives on ultron boss to ramp him up again.
  • Options
    edited January 19
    airmundo said:

Looks to be the same as what’s implemented in incursions. If you force close or are disconnected then all of your pre-fights disappear on re-entry. In the case of raids, that’s charges. Just had this happen to us on ultron boss when we were fully ramped and had him at 60%…had to start from the bottom.

Seems like something that needs to be fixed. If a force close or disconnect happens then just have the player lose all health. That’s a better outcome versus losing charges because then you’re talking up to 10 revives on ultron boss to ramp him up again.

I’m in total agreement. I’m simply stunned that the team built a mode that is premised on coordinating to build charges that enable attackers to build up to hit a 10% damage cap and thought it was savvy to wipe all charges and by extension a day’s worth of progress if the game hangs up on one player.

Dr. Zola
  • Options
    airmundoairmundo Posts: 146
    100% - I want to believe it was an oversight on their part that needs to get fixed ASAP.
    If this was intentional then that’s absurd.
  • Options
    GabeZRodGabeZRod Posts: 69 ★★
    This is gonna ruin the game mode if anyone plays in an area with spotty internet… BattleGrounds is already borderline unplayable with spotty internet but the fact that this affects all 10 people in a BG is just stupid
  • Options
    BigBlueOxBigBlueOx Posts: 1,587 ★★★★★
    Oh and the 101 ways to insta-die in raids even if you play well is cool too.
  • Options
    edited January 20
    BigBlueOx said:

Oh and the 101 ways to insta-die in raids even if you play well is cool too.

I’m going to add that I’m hearing more and more the charge wiping is becoming an issue, even for high level Summoners.

It’s way too punitive and jeopardizes a ton of work and coordination with little rationale.

At a minimum, the team should put a banner up on forums that makes it clear that disconnects will wipe charges. Nowhere have I found that stated by the team, but it seems pretty important to tell players that getting a notification or a call or playing where signal is not great can stump an entire group trying to finish their Raid.

That’s at an absolute minimum.

Beyond that: fix it for the next time and offer redress for this time in the form of AQ revives.

Dr. Zola