**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

AI lunging farther with sp's and heavys?

Idk if anyone else has noticed this, but sometimes when I'm out of range of a heavy or sp the ai will lunge farther to make contact if they have multiple hit animations. I.e. if I'm in a safe distance from a heavy and it's more than 1 hit animation the 2nd or 3rd will lunge farther to make contact. The same for specials. The distance increase from normal can be anywhere between 50-100%.

Fighting luke cage and was on the far left side by his second hit in the animation and the last hit literally lunged twice the usual distance. I've noticed this with some champions heavys too if it has consecutive hits.

Comments

• Options
    SecondSkrillerSecondSkriller Posts: 952 ★★★★

Idk if anyone else has noticed this, but sometimes when I'm out of range of a heavy or sp the ai will lunge farther to make contact if they have multiple hit animations. I.e. if I'm in a safe distance from a heavy and it's more than 1 hit animation the 2nd or 3rd will lunge farther to make contact. The same for specials. The distance increase from normal can be anywhere between 50-100%.

Fighting luke cage and was on the far left side by his second hit in the animation and the last hit literally lunged twice the usual distance. I've noticed this with some champions heavys too if it has consecutive hits.

Ywah that’s just how it is, some hits have tracking, like Luke’s sp1 hits, you just don’t notice them offensively because they don’t need to travel the whole distance if you don’t whiff
  • Options
    Nemesis_17Nemesis_17 Posts: 934 ★★★★
    Yep I’ve noticed this. Hulkling’s heavy seems to do it sometimes as well, also hype sp2. Idk if it’s “working as intended” but it’s annoying either way.
  • Options
    MattstafariMattstafari Posts: 688 ★★★
    I feel like this has happened intermittently for years, I've somewhat gotten used to it. As long as you dex at the right time you evade it regardless of range.
  • Options
    G-Hun-GearG-Hun-Gear Posts: 1,447 ★★★★

Without seeing exactly what you're talking about, I can't say for sure if this is intended or not, but if it's the same topic of conversation we've had over the years coming up again, I can tell you that it is indeed intentional, and works for both the Attacker, as well as the Defender.

Every attack animation has a range that the animation will cover. If the opponent is within that range, the character will move to make contact. If they are not within the range, they do not move. This is most easily noticed with Luke Cage, but it's an intentional and necessary part of the game, and works for you as well.

Can confirm… Specifically with Hercules, who already has a long range heavy, I am sometimes surprised by how far my Hercules will actually reach!
  • Options
    DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,551 ★★★★★

Without seeing exactly what you're talking about, I can't say for sure if this is intended or not, but if it's the same topic of conversation we've had over the years coming up again, I can tell you that it is indeed intentional, and works for both the Attacker, as well as the Defender.

Every attack animation has a range that the animation will cover. If the opponent is within that range, the character will move to make contact. If they are not within the range, they do not move. This is most easily noticed with Luke Cage, but it's an intentional and necessary part of the game, and works for you as well.

Can confirm. Thanos range in Raids is long. Either that, or we are still on frame rate issues causing problems.

Dr. Zola
  • Options
    HungaryHippoHungaryHippo Posts: 773 ★★★★

This makes a lot of sense especially for champs we haven't fought in a while. But we intuitively know it to be true with specials like King Groot Sp1.

Had the same experience recently with Act 6 Champion heavy reach.
  • Options
    ChovnerChovner Posts: 1,142 ★★★★★

I’d personally much rather the range always be the same like most fighting games so you can reliably gauge your safe distance. Right now when I fight Luke Cage I never know if I’m far enough or not… he seems like he has rocket boots the amount of ground he covers

• Options
    blackdragonightblackdragonight Posts: 108
    edited January 19

Basically you don't play the game as much as we do to notice a difference but you can tell I noticed it more with maestro in bgs his reach seems to clip you sometimes from far when he dashes at you also his sp2 hits you from far away too
  • Options
    ChaosMax1012ChaosMax1012 Posts: 3,086 ★★★★★

Pretty sure the ridiculous lunging is what clips me the most aside from the light intercepts.
  • Options
    SamanunSamanun Posts: 633 ★★★
    Punisher 2099
  • Options
    HungaryHippoHungaryHippo Posts: 773 ★★★★

Basically you don't play the game as much as we do to notice a difference but you can tell I noticed it more with maestro in bgs his reach seems to clip you sometimes from far when he dashes at you also his sp2 hits you from far away too
    This response has nothing to do with Miike's post. I play the game way more than I should and have noticed what you're seeing. They aren't new.
  • Options
    blackdragonightblackdragonight Posts: 108
    Nobody said it was new but now it's more noticeable meaning its happening more often than not.

This response has nothing to do with Miike's post. I play the game way more than I should and have noticed what you're seeing. They aren't new.
  • Options
    MidnightfoxMidnightfox Posts: 1,094 ★★★
    Shocker and Joe fix it have amazing long range hits when you are no where near them. Yes I noticed too
  • Options
    ZuroZuro Posts: 2,737 ★★★★★
    I cant say anything about the other cases but Luke Cage has always been like that, his sp1 is like Ant-Man's they move according to where you are on the screen
  • Options
    DeathsworkerDeathsworker Posts: 144 ★★
    edited January 20
    Literally had Luke Cage moon walk across the screen. He threw his sp1. first hits hit air, 2nd hit he moved a little, then between frames he skipped mid animation and then skipped again to make contact in the same hit animation. Then sometimes he stays in the same place for the whole sp?? I could understand a consistent move pattern, but the amount of space moved from sp is either 0 or across the damn world.

As far as us benefitting from it? I've yet to see the ability to even think about a heavy without ai immediately dashing in. Let alone the amount of mis-inputs in the game controls.
  • Options
    2StarKing2StarKing Posts: 855 ★★★

Confirm Chee'ilth heavy reach is probably the longest in the game.
  • Options
    PT_99PT_99 Posts: 2,335 ★★★★★
    Thanos medium dash range is so big that it'll hit you even if you're opposite side of screen.
    This alone have costed me lot in raids and thread getting closed.
  • Options
    KDoggg2017KDoggg2017 Posts: 1,210 ★★★★

Cant say I've ever been able to cover the same distance with a heavy as the AI

I've seen it once in 7 years. My heavy reach was nearly full screen.
    I was shocked 😲... then crushed that I don't record arena fights.
  • Options
    The only annoying part is the inconsistency and the random gap closing. Like I could understand if it was consistent, but they either stay in one spot or they're randomly on you like Toji off a line.

• Options
    DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,551 ★★★★★
    PT_99 said:

Thanos medium dash range is so big that it'll hit you even if you're opposite side of screen.
    This alone have costed me lot in raids and thread getting closed.

This is what I am talking about above. The ground that guy covers…plus the hand swipe to start Sp1 has nailed me even when I’m half a screen away.

Dr. Zola
  • Options
    BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★

o_o said:

But when they do throw the special… watch out

"works for the attacker and defender, everything is as intended"
    That happens if you use Luke Cage on attack vs a defender on the other side of the screen too, you just never throw a special with him from far away
  • Options
    BigBlueOx said:

Really wish the OP didn’t muddy this by using Luke Cage or King Groot. These are know bugs/features of these champs specials. I don’t think it makes logical sense to proclaim it necessary and good design to let them do it, but at the same time this isn’t a big or broken problem.

Where I experience this these days is not even medium dashes clipping me but the light afterwords having a reach that exceeds my 2nd or third Dex. What’s great about this is that the Dex will even register. Sadly I don’t have a clip available but this is a problem that I’ve been noticing more and more the last 2-3 updates since the team has finally acknowledged playing around with AI rolls.

This too, I notice it more often, but thought it would be separate thing.
  • Options
    BringPopcornBringPopcorn Posts: 2,739 ★★★★★
    I'm having a bit of a problem i noticed today, every champ with a 2x 1st medium is getting parried? 🤔
    Domino, Werewolf and Black Cat are getting parried on the 2nd hit of dashing foward...gonna test silk i guess...