**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Safeguard with 1 HP.

GhostboytjieGhostboytjie Posts: 2,208 ★★★★★
edited January 24 in General Discussion
So safeguard you can't do more than
1% of damage per hit.

Lets say the opponent is every debuff and passive possible immune. So you can only knock him out by hitting him.
Would it even be possible?

Safeguard is 1%

1% of 1 is 0.01 meaning it rounds doing to 0 damage which means its an infinite fight right?

This is just something I thought of.

Even say 10 hp.

It will be 1% of 10 hp so thats 0.1 and it would still round to 0 damage.

That means safeguard is only a node which interacts on 100 hp + because then you would do 1 damage per hit for 100 hits. Unless 50 hp rounds from 0.5 to 1 damage which then makes it 2% per hit instead of 1% which doesn't make sense.

What do you say @DNA3000 ?

Just my thought of the day.

Edit : Looks like I didnt mention it. I know its base HP. So we take it the fights hp is 1 at 100% so 1 is its base hp.

Comments

• Options
    GhostboytjieGhostboytjie Posts: 2,208 ★★★★★
    The base hp is 1
  • Options
    captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Posts: 3,983 ★★★★★
    Safeguard is 1% of max health I'm pretty sure

Also rounding off never rounds off to zero
    It always rounds of to 1.

No matter what, you will do atleast 1 damage per hit even if you have 1 million weakness on you. 0 damage is not possible without immunity/no damage taken nodes.
  • Options
    WinterFieldsWinterFields Posts: 681 ★★★★
    Safeguard is also subject to aar, so even without debuffs, you can work around it
  • Options
    BitterSteelBitterSteel Posts: 9,254 ★★★★★

0 damage is not possible without immunity/no damage taken nodes.

America Chavez can reduce the potency of fury buffs with her orange dimension such that the opponent will hit you with 0 damage hits iirc
  • Options
    G-Hun-GearG-Hun-Gear Posts: 1,447 ★★★★
    As much as I don't see the sense in this thought experiment (there are a lot of possible node ombinations that can make a fight impossible), there are enough champs that can play around safeguard...

Odin comes to mind, iirc...
  • Options
    GrandOldKaiGrandOldKai Posts: 785 ★★★★
    edited January 24

No matter what, you will do atleast 1 damage per hit even if you have 1 million weakness on you. 0 damage is not possible without immunity/no damage taken nodes.

Actually, for a while DDHK was bugged and his damage would steadily diminish until it hit 0... though it wouldn't even show any damage number
  • Options
    Wong_98Wong_98 Posts: 1,015 ★★★★

Why in the hell do you use light mode on aunt mai?
  • Options
    Toyota_2015Toyota_2015 Posts: 469 ★★★
    Maratox said:

1% of damage per hit.

Lets say the opponent is every debuff and passive possible immune. So you can only knock him out by hitting him.

Safeguard is 1%

1% of 1 is 0.01 meaning it rounds doing to 0 damage which means its an infinite fight right?

Even say 10 hp.

That means safeguard is only a node which interacts on 100 hp + because then you would do 1 damage per hit for 100 hits. Unless 50 hp rounds from 0.5 to 1 damage which then makes it 2% per hit instead of 1% which doesn't make sense.

Edit : Looks like I didnt mention it. I know its base HP. So we take it the fights hp is 1 at 100% so 1 is its base hp.

Safeguard refers to max hp not current hp so this whole point is null
    He's saying the max hp is 1. Like you start the fight for the first time and the opponent has 100% health, but that 100% health is only 1 hp.

Think of it as 1/1, where the current hp is 1 and the max hp is also 1
  • Options
    xLunatiXxxLunatiXx Posts: 1,149 ★★★★★
    Since we have stat values with decimals, furies etc I wouldn't be surprised damage can be with decimals too but it is only displayed with a round value.
    Same with BG scoring in case of an apparent tie.

Anyway this whole post is nonsensical
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,687 Guardian

1% of damage per hit.

Safeguard is 1%

Even say 10 hp.

Combat text on the screen rounds to whole numbers, but I don't think the game engine itself does so. So I think hypothetically speaking if there was a champion with base 1 health, it would still be possible to defeat that champion even if incoming damage drops below 0.5 points of damage. Fractions of a point of damage would still be dealt until the champion reached zero.
  • Options
    captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Posts: 3,983 ★★★★★
    Wong_98 said:

Why in the hell do you use light mode on aunt mai?
    There is a dark mode??
  • Options
    Wicket329Wicket329 Posts: 3,033 ★★★★★
    I see we’re doing the MCOC version of Zeno’s Paradox on the forums today. That’s… interesting.

The answer to your question is the same as how to address that famous philosophical conundrum, which is to realize you’re over complicating it because you don’t see everything that goes into it. To your question, what you don’t see is the game’s rounding system prior to display. We occasionally see decimals in champions’ stat blocks, so it is reasonable to believe the game is capable of computing fractional damage even though those numbers don’t appear on our screen.
  • Options
    BringPopcornBringPopcorn Posts: 2,728 ★★★★★
    Make more content, too much free time for some people.