Time to vote for Shathra, because Black is Beautiful (and winning)

DNA3000DNA3000 Member, Guardian Posts: 19,360 Guardian
So the results are in, and Ruby Thursday did not make the cut. The absolute best possible choice fell in round one, leaving me sad, bitter, and hoping she gets the Omega Sentinel treatment (what, she lost? F-it, we're making her anyway because she's awesome).

So who to vote for next? Of course, everyone is still assuming Blob is the runaway favorite, so I'm definitely not voting him. Time to start DNA-ing this thing. Here's how the eight candidate champions were presented in-game for voting:

And here are the winners moving on:

So what's the pattern? Were they just the first ones that appeared? Not that I can see, at least they were not the first few in my voting panel. There's 50/50 gender represented, so there was no strong male/female bias in the voting. But there is a definite pattern to the voting. See it?

The champions that won were the ones with the black and white color schemes, mostly black. The losers' color schemes were mostly purple, purple, red, and green. The winners were black, black, black, and very black. Even Blob, the presumptive favorite, has a black color scheme costume.

Now, I'm pretty sure there's a lot of Ruby, Viper, Beetle, and Swarm swarm swarm fans just looking for a way to knock Blob out of the playoffs. But how? We need to rally around a champion that can win. The data says votes were landing on the champs with the coolest black color schemes. So the answer is obvious: we need to all rally around Shathra. She's the blackest champion, and she will need every black pixel to take on the Blob.

In my breakdown of the candidates, i said Shathra was not the best choice because she has such a huge basket of powers we have no idea what we would get. Immortal regenerating teleporter that can slash you to death, or flying totem creator that can smell you from across the screen? But we now need to have some faith the designers will roll critical success here. As Ruby Thursday was the champ the animators could go nuts on, Shathra is the champ the power designers could have a field day with. Also, In canon she's supposed to be a Spider-people nemesis, which means Shathra should be effective against, what, half of the champions in the game by now.

Plus, if you want some revenge for all the nasty defenders entering the game these days, force the designers to figure out a way to implement super sense of smell. Send a message there.

Comments

• BendyBendy Member Posts: 5,901 ★★★★★
    Im voting her this round and prating more do as be cool to see what her kit will be the class and if she be a defender or attacker and it be a choice that isnt a well known character that has a lot of appearances
  • Emilia90Emilia90 Member Posts: 3,373 ★★★★★
    I think I’m going in on Shriek, but Shathra is my second choice rn. Hoping that one of them makes it for the finals (or both but ik blob won’t let that happen).
  • Darkraw346Darkraw346 Member Posts: 2,331 ★★★★★
    Lol Shatra really got to this round? Great
    Voting her till the end
  • CrcrcrcCrcrcrc Member Posts: 7,957 ★★★★★
    Everyone should vote shathra because shriek will get in through twitter
  • BeastDadBeastDad Member Posts: 1,796 ★★★★★
    Shriek's story is better.
  • o_oo_o Member Posts: 835 ★★★★

Maybe can't miss against Miles.

“Occupation: Predator” 😂
  • DeathsworkerDeathsworker Member Posts: 166 ★★
    Shat has immortality, but Black Tarantula has super health regen. decisions
  • VenoweenVenoween Member Posts: 170

Sorry but Shathra sounds (and looks) like I had an accident in my pants. I’m going with Blobbin’ time.

You must’ve taken a shatruh?
  • SirGamesBondSirGamesBond Member Posts: 4,771 ★★★★★
    edited January 25

DNA finna jinx Shathra outta here like he did Ruby :/

😢
    She's out I guess.
  • PriyabrataPriyabrata Member Posts: 1,237 ★★★★
    Bro how did black Tarantula even get that many votes wtf how does he have more votes than viper
  • FrostGiantLordFrostGiantLord Member Posts: 1,952 ★★★★
    Compelling argument, but since my top picks Viper and Swarm are out, I'm going for Shriek. The thing about Shathra is just that there's way too many powers to adapt, and the final product will either be way too OP and need an emergency nerf, or be extremely disappointing like Gladiator. The other champs left in the voting pool all have a pretty straightforward set of powers, with Blob superhuman strength and Shriek's being supersonic screams. I'm personally voting for Shriek here, hope they give her Shocker-like animations 🤩
  • JASVenom5JASVenom5 Member Posts: 3
    Shriek ftw!!!!! Staying loyal to her till the very end.
  • Kabirkhan101Kabirkhan101 Member Posts: 14
    Blobin time
  • PT_99PT_99 Member Posts: 4,069 ★★★★★
    I can't believe Madame Hydra lost, Kabam filtered out bot votes and also removed some genuine votes, if that's not conspiracy against Hydra then idk what is.

Since she's out, I'll be voting for Black Tarantula and will be personally keeping notes on Blob voters for a little visit after the voting procedures.
  • BigBlueOxBigBlueOx Member Posts: 2,057 ★★★★★
    Blob and Shriek. Both are solid choices.

Blobbin time!