**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

QOL IMPROVEMENTS from a 9 year player

having been here since the beginning way back when bucky was just a reskin of frank down to every SP and attack frame by frame.. there just needs to be improvements made that should have been implemented nearly a decade ago now.

1.) AUTO ARENA
let us auto fight arenas, but keep cooldown as is. this way if you still want to grind, you still have to return to the game and auto fight all over again when the champs are available. reduce the points earned by 25%, so there is still an incentive to fight manually where you gain all points as opposed to 75% by choosing to auto fight.

2.) REQUEST HELP (all)
very simple. instead of tapping over 1000 times for each individual help request, one tap requests all at once.
keep the individual buttons if you only want to request help on certain champs, for whatever reason.

3.) EXPRESS MODE TOGGLE
this needs to be implemented at no charge. locking it behind a pay wall is criminal, as it is an entirely separate game function and should be accessible at all times. if you do not want to use it, toggle it off in options to use the standard mode.

4.) CLAIM ALL REWARDS
option to one tap and claim all rewards, but still allow to individually choose rewards if desired as well.

5.) INFINITE XP BAR
after hitting level60 and maxing at 70energy, XP is pointless. XP boosts become worthless & go unused. implementing a new bar with a goal of 100,000 XP for example that resets every time you hit that amount and refills your energy would add value to XP boosts again for end game players.

this makes the most sense to immediately address, as one of the 'paid perks' of sigil is an XP boost which is pointless if you are max level. sigil should be discounted 20% if you are max level as you are effectively paying for something you are not receiving.

Comments

• Options
    Fit_Fun9329Fit_Fun9329 Posts: 1,836 ★★★★★
    Because of such clown suggestions, kabam will never consider real QOL improvements in arena.

I made a post last year as well but no response from kabam:

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/340124/get-the-arena-out-of-the-stone-age-its-2023

• Options
    ChaosMax1012ChaosMax1012 Posts: 3,086 ★★★★★
    Auto arena is basically what people were complaining about from cheaters. Also this disables any FTP player to compete with p2p if everythings auto. Maybe it could work if a new arena came without ranked rewards but thats just passive rewards from doing nothing so doesn’t sound ethical either
  • Options
    EscornaboiEscornaboi Posts: 2,448 ★★★
    Hi, @WGPC! I love your proposals. It certainly shows that you know and love the game. I just can't understand the meaning of proposal #3. Maybe it's some problem I have with English or that the function referred to has another name in my language. If you could explain it better or provide a screenshot, I would appreciate it.

Thanks a lot.
  • Options
    klobberintymeklobberintyme Posts: 1,429 ★★★★

I don't understand the crude comments about the proposal for automatic fighting in the arena. At least for me, having to manually do the fight until I reach the x3 multiplier seems very, very, very tedious. Furthermore, self-fighting is not something that is going to break the arena, because with the progressive increase in difficulty, you will immediately have to take control to avoid losing. If for whatever reason you make a couple of bad decisions and lose the streak, getting back to x3 becomes painful again.

There is auto-fighting in all game modes except AQ, AW, BG and Arena. I don't see the reason why there is a restriction in any way, since self-fighting is a function that only serves to "pass the screen" in easy games and not lose motivation, but it is of no use to you in duels with minimal difficulty (already It will be due to the opponent's level, the class disadvantage or the nodes).

The current arena autofighters are better known as "bots" and "modders" and are largely the reason the best RANK rewards command such a steep price. Every game mode with rank rewards rightfully don't feature game sanctioned autopilot.

Want autopilot arenas? Say goodbye to streak multipliers and ranked rewards.
  • Options
    G-Hun-GearG-Hun-Gear Posts: 1,447 ★★★★

Hi, @WGPC! I love your proposals. It certainly shows that you know and love the game. I just can't understand the meaning of proposal #3. Maybe it's some problem I have with English or that the function referred to has another name in my language. If you could explain it better or provide a screenshot, I would appreciate it.

Thanks a lot.

OP‘s talking about this feature:

Although I have no idea how it works, since I don’t buy the sigil…
  • Options

I don't understand the crude comments about the proposal for automatic fighting in the arena. At least for me, having to manually do the fight until I reach the x3 multiplier seems very, very, very tedious. Furthermore, self-fighting is not something that is going to break the arena, because with the progressive increase in difficulty, you will immediately have to take control to avoid losing. If for whatever reason you make a couple of bad decisions and lose the streak, getting back to x3 becomes painful again.

There is auto-fighting in all game modes except AQ, AW, BG and Arena. I don't see the reason why there is a restriction in any way, since self-fighting is a function that only serves to "pass the screen" in easy games and not lose motivation, but it is of no use to you in duels with minimal difficulty (already It will be due to the opponent's level, the class disadvantage or the nodes).

The thing is: It wouldn’t work, since difficulty in Arena is too high for Auto-Fight and you would lose almost every match. Auto-fight only works where you are up against much weaker opponents.

And Kabam have specifically said that Auto-Fight will not be introduced for any mode where summoners compete against each other, which are exactly AQ, AW, BG and Arena…

(I don’t think the presence of rank rewards is the deciding factor, since e.g. for Hero Use you can auto-fight your way through RTTL and earn rank rewards for it…)
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,051 ★★★★★

Thanks a lot.

All that does is auto fill the next 3 champs. You still have to do the fights.
  • Options

Thanks a lot.

Oh, so instead of a quick double-tap (QUICK FILL -> FIND MATCH), it’s a quick single tap… amazing…
  • Options
    Jack2634Jack2634 Posts: 743 ★★★
    2,4 and 5 makes sense ngl . I'd love seeing some changes in those too, they are just quality of life updates, nothing too broken. And the XP thing...it has been years since they updated max level from 50 to 60 . Some refreshing updates on it will be cool to see
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,051 ★★★★★

Thanks a lot.

Oh, so instead of a quick double-tap (QUICK FILL -> FIND MATCH), it’s a quick single tap… amazing…
    It actually cuts down on the time spent on the post fights screen. I have the Sigil so I can't remember if quick fill is there with or without it but I still have to tap quick fill.

I believe I just cuts down on the post fights summary. I was wrong in saying it auto fills
  • Options
    ReignkingTWReignkingTW Posts: 2,537 ★★★★★
    Auto-fight Arena is so incredibly bad that I can't even consider the rest of the post, as if this 9 year vet is a modder...
  • Options
    WGPCWGPC Posts: 3
    some good discussion going! and some clowns chiming in as well, but to be expected.
    lets continue:

6.) EVERY SP3 NEEDS A SLIDER
    how many times have we had a huge streak, hundred+ hit combo, waiting and waiting and waiting for the SP2 that never comes, only to be auto KO by a bs SP3? a few newer champs have sliders for their SP3, but it should be on every single one.
  • Options
    Maverick75Maverick75 Posts: 631 ★★★
    The Help request is simply to remove. The solution instead? You’re in an alliance, your request tap are automatically fully allowed.
    No more incredible load for the server.

About the Loyalty for help? You’re in an alliance, you get the 1,000 every day when you connect for the first time.

Can’t be easier. Less code to maintain and probably less bug. Not the first time I suggest it.

Claim all rewards? Already discussed too.
    Auto fight in arena? Absolutely no chance. But thanks for the smile it gave me by reading the idea.
    XP bar? There are a lot of more useful topics to address in the game.
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,687 Guardian

The thing is: It wouldn’t work, since difficulty in Arena is too high for Auto-Fight and you would lose almost every match. Auto-fight only works where you are up against much weaker opponents.
    The very early arena bots were even worse than the AI used in auto-fight. They were still highly effective because unlike every other game mode, the arena is about quantity. You don't have to win every fight. Auto fight can win when the streak is low and then lose a match and it doesn't matter, because you can just keep fighting over and over forever. What you lose in efficiency with arena auto-fight you would gain in being able to essentially fight in the arena twenty four hours a day, or if something thinks that is "ridiculous" simply pick the highest non-ridiculous number and auto-fight will essentially automate that level of arena with almost no effort. It is simply too easy to drinking-bird a phone to allow arena auto-fight to generate immense rewards.

You're wrong about auto-fighting existing in all game modes except AQ, AW, BG, and arena. It also does not exist in Incursions. Which means it makes no sense to say it exists in all game modes except a few. It is the reverse: it only exists in solo non-repeatable content. If it is not solo content, it doesn't exist. If it is solo content and it is grindable for rewards, it doesn't exist. It doesn't exist in most game modes, not a minority of them.

The intent of auto-fight is to allow players to clear content that they otherwise would have literally no problem completing, because it is so far below their power level, such as extremely low story paths they never got around to completing, or very low difficulty tiers of monthly quest content. Auto-fight allows players to essentially complete those tasks with minimal effort. But the easy fights in arena are not something that auto-fight can simply get done once for the player. Because of the grindable nature of the arena, it is possible to simply do those fights over and over indefinitely. Losing a match simply puts you back to easy matches. And losing multiplier is a meaningless price to pay for that convenience. As I mention above, early bots paid that price and still racked up huge rewards from the arena for basically no effort.

The argument that autofight is impractical, and thus safe to implement, is self-annihilating. The only reason why people ask for it is specifically because it is practical, and they intend to put it to very practical use.
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,687 Guardian

Because of such clown suggestions, kabam will never consider real QOL improvements in arena.

I made a post last year as well but no response from kabam:

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/340124/get-the-arena-out-of-the-stone-age-its-2023

Probably because most of what you describe here as "QoL" improvements are anything but. A quality of life improvement is, at least by Kabam's definition, something whose intended purpose or primary effect does not have a material impact on game rewards. They are about convenience, not effectiveness. Any change that significantly alters the availability of or earning rate of in-game rewards is an economy change, not a QoL change, and something outside the purview of the QoL designers.

Suggestions designed to directly improve the earning rate of or availability of rewards are generally suggestions that Kabam does not respond to, whether they read them or not, because they tend to lead to arguments over the value of in-game rewards and what players deserve for their time. That's a subjective position that has no resolution.
  • Options
    BringPopcornBringPopcorn Posts: 2,721 ★★★★★
    This are terrible QoL changes for a 9 year player
  • Options
    NightheartNightheart Posts: 814 ★★★
    The QOL suggestions are over the top and highly unrealistic I'm sorry to say
  • Options
    WGPCWGPC Posts: 3
    Wicket329 said:

This is just fully wrong...

misspoke there, actually. Meant to suggest -every- SP3 regardless of tier should have a slider. when I said 'newer' champs, I meant those that have no 5star versions but I don't think that applies anymore. maybe just OG deadpool? it was both him and weapx for the longest time w/ no 5star, but I know for a fact weapx has one as he was a giveaway in banquet if your alliance was worth being in. I play this game passively, it's been a decade of bs to remember so my bad. I know this game is what some people's (you) lives revolve around. cringe

moving on..

7.) ABILITY AUTO ACTIVATE
    this can be implemented on the hero's info page with a toggle if you prefer only having certain abilities on/off.
    clicking 'activate' every single fight is tedious and unnecessary. hence, "QOL"

8.) SKIP RESULTS SCREEN
    in the settings menu there should be an additional option for fast tracking the game modes, much like what sigil does for arena by skipping result screens and the win/loss 'champion pose' animation that absolutely nobody wants to watch for the 1,000th time.

more as they come to mind, but feel free to load this post up with more disagrees, clown boys. :) *honkhonk*
    each one makes me feel like it's definitely a desperately needed improvement!