Options

Did you enjoy Raid?

Toproller89Toproller89 Posts: 485 ★★★

Did you enjoy Raid? 181 votes

Yes
27%
Markjv81xNigDarkrider05Cat_MurdockGuttQuikPikLilMaddogHTUsquebathGarloPro100BONUSknupdiputsPrimeSaviour_27RockyshockyPikolu228LordSmasheristwan17WhoDaPooEwell65SSS69GuyGardner 50 votes
No
72%
BigPoppaCBONEDrZolarazielKeonexRaganatorHort4SighsohardSecondSkrillerXHans_GruberXzuffyJohan66777AzKicker316Manup456ChovnerHeraldofNoneBENJI830BigTuna_2054Duo_Kulioege999menMqc19 131 votes

Comments

• Options
    BigPoppaCBONEBigPoppaCBONE Posts: 2,289 ★★★★★
    No
    It sucked for me. I wish we had ganged up on a path so everyone could get chests. I wasn't willing to use a billion revives to do all the damage by myself so it was not an enjoyable experience.
  • Options
    ahmynutsahmynuts Posts: 6,061 ★★★★★
    No
    DrZola said:

But I enjoyed the glory bug.

You beat me to it. 1,000% this. Otherwise, the Raid Beta was a total loss of time and effort.

Dr. Zola
    I feel bad about wasting so much of it on raid tickets right now. Hopefully I wont regret that further once changes to raids are maid
  • Options
    Nemesis_17Nemesis_17 Posts: 946 ★★★★
    No
    I had no expectations of disliking it, everything seemed fun on paper and I was excited going into it. But by the end it all felt like a big chore. The pierce is overtuned, and outside of the glory bug the rewards are just alright with average rng.
  • Options
    SecondSkrillerSecondSkriller Posts: 958 ★★★★
    No
    The rewards were utter trash, I hate contributing the most and getting a quarter of a t6cc for it. The rng aspect is driving me crazy.
  • Options
    SkyeAtticusSkyeAtticus Posts: 5
    Yes
    My alliance went in with two BGs and we explored in both. We had a plan with assigned attackers and groups and honestly I thought it was a ton of fun. I went in knowing it would be difficult and that framed my expectations. I think most of us spent some amount of inventory resources plus some of us dropped moderate units. I thought the rewards were well worth it.

I do have some complaints, but nothing that others haven't listed out elsewhere. I have high hopes for this new mode.
  • Options
    PT_99PT_99 Posts: 2,399 ★★★★★
    No
    I expected nothing but disappointment and down bad nodes, what really surprised me was "Ok that's it, enough damage, DIE NOW !!!!" node.

The fight already has 3 minutes limit, at least let us do damage.
  • Options
    PikoluPikolu Posts: 6,697 Guardian
    Yes
    Iron man made it a lot of fun for me
  • Options
    RaganatorRaganator Posts: 2,513 ★★★★★
    No
    Unless major changes are made, Raids + AW tactics and where they are taking them will make me take a step back. Which is fine. Not complaining. All things change with time, but neither are "enjoyable" in any sense to me right now.
  • Options
    Yodabolt21Yodabolt21 Posts: 2,534 ★★★★★
    edited January 24
    Yes
    My BG cleared the whole thing albeit with a ton of regular AQ revives. But it was a great change of pace. Are the faults, sure, but it was fun and rewarding (even without the 25k extra glory).

Having said that, they need to rework the Assault champs and make them more useable.
  • Options
    TeiTei Posts: 49
    I haven’t tried them yet, but the music is really beatiful
  • Options
    o_oo_o Posts: 834 ★★★★
    Yes
    Pikolu said:

Iron man made it a lot of fun for me

Same. Not sure I’d have enjoyed it otherwise.
    Kabam’s homework for the month should include making sure all champs in the pool benefit from raids buffs as much as IM, HB, and Hulkling did.
  • Options
    Wozzle007Wozzle007 Posts: 937 ★★★★★
    No
    If you asked on day 1 I would have said, on the balance of it, yeah they’re ok. Then as the week progressed, it turned to no, to really no, to hell no! The mode can be fixed but I doubt anything significant will change but the next raid. Probably raid 4 or 5 onwards. Hopefully they’ll publish a roadmap soon.
  • Options
    FunnyDudeFunnyDude Posts: 463 ★★★
    No
    Adevati said:

Feels like we are headed in the direction of content forcing us to use revives.

Units

• Options
    WhoDaPooWhoDaPoo Posts: 313 ★★★
    Yes
    Yes for it's potential. I haven't enjoyed that kind of difficult content as a team in a while. It needs some real work though to make the rewards worth the effort though - especially if you come up short of 100%ing it.
  • Options
    BeastDadBeastDad Posts: 1,429 ★★★★★
    No
    It has a long way to go before we touch it again.
  • Options
    ItsClobberinTimeItsClobberinTime Posts: 3,369 ★★★★★
    Yes
    Meant to vote no, I didn't enjoy them as much as I thought I would because of the bugs (and because I used Cassie but that one's on me). Once they fix all of that and I actually use my brain and bring my r2 7* Silk I'm sure I'll enjoy them a lot although I wouldn't mind if they also tuned down that pierce to some extent cause Maestro's and Thanos' missions were very annoying once the pierce passives started stacking.
  • Options
    Matty_IceMatty_Ice Posts: 539 ★★★
    No
    You get punished for playing well and extra punished for playing bad. Not what I’m looking for in a game.
  • Options
    ErcarretErcarret Posts: 2,774 ★★★★★
    No
    Not really. I can see potential in the mode, but it just plain didn't work for the two paths on the left and the right side in my BG. The left side's problem was that too many people just chased down the middle path, leaving them with only two people and thus no way to get the required "rhythm" of building up each other going. For us on the right path, unfortunately one of the guys didn't put much effort into it (I think he might have missed that there were free revives because he didn't do much after he first wiped) and we landed in a similar situation as the left group, where the cooperate hard requirement of it all just made our attempt fell apart completely.

The middle group had more success. They managed to take down the first two bosses at least. But for the rest of us, who failed to get past even the first boss, it was a pretty miserable week. I eventually fell into some kind of rhythm myself so I managed to chip off maybe 3-5 percent of Maestro's health on a good run despite not having any of those role charges thanks to my non-playing partner, but it just wasn't cutting in and we only got him down to around 50% health when the week came to a close.

The fact that you only got about five of minutes of playtime each day no matter how well you played (unless you spent an exorbitant number of units) also didn't excite me. It made the mode feel very empty and lifeless.

It's just...I don't know. It requires so much coordination and the game simply isn't built to facilitate that. Even if I write a long series of posts in the chat laying everything out, it all gets buried as soon as people start talking about something else. Obviously you can take the discussions to Line or similar services, but when you're trying to be a chill and casual alliance, herding everyone into an outside app and heavily organizing the alliance once a month for one single game mode just isn't going to happen.

You can make a fair argument that Raids are not aimed at alliances such as mine, but if the point is to release a new game mode to refresh the AQ experience solely for the most organized and top-achieving alliances, then what's the plan for the rest of us to get a refreshed AQ experience? "Well, you get more glory that week too" just doesn't cut it.

It was just a very disheartening experience.
  • Options
    WarlockjrWarlockjr Posts: 780 ★★★
    No
    havent played it yet
  • Options
    ReignkingTWReignkingTW Posts: 2,538 ★★★★★
    Yes
    I enjoyed not beta-testing it and watching you all.
  • Options
    They should fix the pierce potency of the bosses. Block dmg was too much
  • Options
    Longshot_33Longshot_33 Posts: 355 ★★★
    No
    A massive work in progress. They need to thank the art team for the visuals and make Kabam John work overtime to sort it out. Or give it to the 2 bright sparks who designed Battlegrounds V2.
  • Options
    SighsohardSighsohard Posts: 666 ★★★
    No
    Far too much squeeze. Not nearly enough juice. It might be worth it if the glory bug wasn’t a bug.

MAYBE. ……
  • Options
    OrtounOrtoun Posts: 571 ★★★
    No
    There aren't adequate tools in game to manage raids, they need something like in Incursions where you can tell people which path to take, but they also need assignments in the groups to identify which role people are supposed to take. All visible from character selection onwards. Also, need to ditch locking characters from all other modes for a full week. Leave the raid lock if you must, but at least take it off story and sidequest stuff.