**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Even if you don’t like Blob you cant argue with this

2»

Comments

• Options
    BigBlueOxBigBlueOx Posts: 1,587 ★★★★★
    PT_99 said:

BigBlueOx said:

Just confused about how wanting a unique, OG Brotherhood member, who adds body positivity and diversity to the game makes a person “the worst” 🙄

I think kingping adds body positivity alright, just remember he has huge body which actually has only 2% fat, that's right, 2% and 98% muscles and he looks HUGE.
    Joe fixit is also huge, Thing is rock solid huge, Apoc is OMG huge, sasquatch is teddy huge, mangog is dinosaur huge, Mojo is evil huge, modok is bighead huge and newest Onslaught is huge.

So yeah I think game has healthy amount of positivity.

Blob voters may splash water in the puddle now after their mistakes of voting but the consequences of voting against Madame Hydra (Viper) is coming and it's coming hard.
    Only one person keeps coming off as “the worst”… might be worth some anger management classes. Interesting you single out Blob voters but not the other 6 voter types that also disagreed with your choice.

Also if others think #blobgate is more than a joke then I suggest they look up the word parody.
  • Options
    altavistaaltavista Posts: 1,291 ★★★★
    edited February 1
    Polygon said:

Pikolu said:

Mutant, I'd say, is far from the worst. It has so many banger champions in it that cover a ton of bases. Archangel is still a top BG choice for many people. Sunspot is one of the fastest champions in BGs. Onslaught is a monster literally everywhere if you use him well. Magneto wrecks almost every metal champion. If you're fond of recoil masteries, Omega Red is a beast. Colossus is liked by many. Domino is still an annoying defender and is a monster on offense too. Toad is amazing against a lot of annoying defenders (including cheesing NF). Dani has really cool guns and can inflict a lot of damage. Apoc is still one of the best long-form content champions. Both storms do incredible damage and are both amazing in BGs as well. Jubilee at sig 200 melts anyone with purify and will probably catch a lot of people off guard in the second GC meta as a defender. Iceman is still annoying in BGs losing 30% of your health if you don't have a counter to his coldsnap. He also has a lot of really nice utility. Bishop is an amazing champion as well while also holding the WR for fastest RoL WS takedown. Prof X also has great damage and synergies with mutants.

I'd say of all the classes, mutant covers the most rpg counters in the game.

My statement refers to 6* mutants.

My 7* mutant roster is pretty nonexistent and I cant even rank up any 6* mutants because most of them exist as 7*’s.

Not to mention, i have 6* sig stone crystals that i cannot open as theyd push my mutant sigs past the storage cap of 100. And Namor has fallen out to the point I could care less for using them on him. Omega is already s200 but even then he needs suicides.

So because of a lackluster pool of 6* mutants, I have to essentially hoard these sig crystals until Onslaught enters the basic.

In short, its basically a domino effect
    This situation, can pretty much exist for all the different classes, for all players. Every new champion enters the 7* pool. Players can choose whether or not to rank up 6* when a 7* version exists. Players can choose whether or not to use sig stones.

Another player with an excess of Skill sigs, could rightfully complain that they 'have to essentially hoard these sig crystals until Bullseye enters the basic."

I personally am more focused on 7-stars to where even banger champions only go up to 6R3. My Cosmic 7-stars are specifically lacking. I sporadically have an overflow of generic 6-star sig stones about to expire, and I just throw those sigs onto random champions who could benefit (such as your example 6-star Namor even though I do have an unduped 7-star version).

Arguing that more Mutants need to exist just because you happen to have an excess of Mutant sig crystals, is not a strong argument.

As a side note: I will never understand the argument that players should vote for a specific champion because "X" class needs more good champions of that class. Once a champion wins, it takes at least 6+ months for them to arrive in the game. Presumably, Kabam has already scheduled out the 12 champions that will be released over the next 6 months already (based on programming, testing, and movie releases). If you want to be optimistic, then sure, maybe they have it planned for the next 3 months (so in this scenario, the May champions aren't decided yet).

Do players not think that Kabam can't just adapt to choose different classes for the remaining open spots? If Blob had won the mutant vote, then one of the undecided Mutant spots for 2024 would slide over to him, meaning the overall # of Mutant champions in 2024 would be largely unaffected?

By and large, across a 2-year time horizon, there is generally an equal amount of champions of each class each year. There may be one or two more of one class, and one or two less of another class, but generally the numbers are balanced.

If players say to vote Mutant because they think this character's powers would mean they are more likely to be a Great champion as opposed to Average, then that has merit. But if players are saying to vote Mutant to increase the number of that class, then that is a load of bunk.

• Options
    PT_99PT_99 Posts: 2,327 ★★★★★
    BigBlueOx said:

PT_99 said:

BigBlueOx said:

Just confused about how wanting a unique, OG Brotherhood member, who adds body positivity and diversity to the game makes a person “the worst” 🙄

I think kingping adds body positivity alright, just remember he has huge body which actually has only 2% fat, that's right, 2% and 98% muscles and he looks HUGE.
    Joe fixit is also huge, Thing is rock solid huge, Apoc is OMG huge, sasquatch is teddy huge, mangog is dinosaur huge, Mojo is evil huge, modok is bighead huge and newest Onslaught is huge.

Blob voters may splash water in the puddle now after their mistakes of voting but the consequences of voting against Madame Hydra (Viper) is coming and it's coming hard.
    Only one person keeps coming off as “the worst”… might be worth some anger management classes. Interesting you single out Blob voters but not the other 6 voter types that also disagreed with your choice.

Also if others think #blobgate is more than a joke then I suggest they look up the word parody.
    Blob voters, disgust me to the very core, I dreamt last night of waking up to a genuineness where not a single, that's right, not a single person voted for Blob but I woke up to disappointment with Viper losing but immediately afterwards a bit of commendatory news of Blob hilariously losing gave me bit of relief to continue the process of singling out Blob Voters, with all means necessary.

(You must realise that it's just a roleplay/parody for voting time environment to poke fun of character with most fans and I don't care who wins, as how Gladiator turned out, it's best to keep hopes 0 or even negative)
  • Options
    Zeke_the_XbotZeke_the_Xbot Posts: 329 ★★
    Ashacekar said:

Blob is fan favourite, he came third and all social media is in his support and that's a fact no advocate of forum can deny. Sooner and later he will be added. So pitch in thoughts for Sathra or Taruntula instead of hating any champ or fanbase.

This paragraph makes little sense since clearly blob is not the fan favorite or he would be winning. Hands down. All of social media is in his support you say meanwhile I have seen many across it say they didn’t vote for him once. Think I’m just gonna say call your own bias and move on without trying to tell others how to converse about it.
  • Options
    PT_99 said:

BigBlueOx said:

PT_99 said:

BigBlueOx said:

Blob voters, disgust me to the very core, I dreamt last night of waking up to a genuineness where not a single, that's right, not a single person voted for Blob but I woke up to disappointment with Viper losing but immediately afterwards a bit of commendatory news of Blob hilariously losing gave me bit of relief to continue the process of singling out Blob Voters, with all means necessary.

(You must realise that it's just a roleplay/parody for voting time environment to poke fun of character with most fans and I don't care who wins, as how Gladiator turned out, it's best to keep hopes 0 or even negative)
    lol tbh went over my head. Probably has to do with all the anti-blob sentiment. Poor fat guys always get ganged up on
  • Options

BigBlueOx said:

PT_99 said:

BigBlueOx said:

PT_99 said:

BigBlueOx said:

lol tbh went over my head. Probably has to do with all the anti-blob sentiment. Poor fat guys always get ganged up on
    To be fair, I didn't want Blob for other reasons. I'm going for Champs that seem a little more unique. I see more of a Kingpin situation with Blob. Plus I'm a sucker for a bad-ass female character, and we need more.
    Not really arguing, but I hear that a lot and it never resonates with me. I feel like most of the bad-ass meta defining characters are female.

1.) So broken they’re capped at 5stars: Magik, Quake

2.) Best Defender: Photon

3.) Best 7stars: Titania, Photon, Shuri, Chavez

4.) Best Overall Skill Attacker: Kate Bishop

5.) Best BG Attacker: Titania (if you don’t believe me check out the 1 to 1 match up sheets, there are very very few she can’t handle)
  • Options
    Emilia90Emilia90 Posts: 1,816 ★★★★★
    BigBlueOx said:

BigBlueOx said:

PT_99 said:

BigBlueOx said:

PT_99 said:

BigBlueOx said:

To be fair, I didn't want Blob for other reasons. I'm going for Champs that seem a little more unique. I see more of a Kingpin situation with Blob. Plus I'm a sucker for a bad-ass female character, and we need more.
    Not really arguing, but I hear that a lot and it never resonates with me. I feel like most of the bad-ass meta defining characters are female.

5.) Best BG Attacker: Titania (if you don’t believe me check out the 1 to 1 match up sheets, there are very very few she can’t handle)
    I’d say that Bullseye is the best defender now
  • Options
    AshacekarAshacekar Posts: 1,776 ★★★★
    edited February 1

Ashacekar said:

Blob is fan favourite, he came third and all social media is in his support and that's a fact no advocate of forum can deny. Sooner and later he will be added. So pitch in thoughts for Sathra or Taruntula instead of hating any champ or fanbase.

This paragraph makes little sense since clearly blob is not the fan favorite or he would be winning. Hands down. All of social media is in his support you say meanwhile I have seen many across it say they didn’t vote for him once. Think I’m just gonna say call your own bias and move on without trying to tell others how to converse about it.

"I have seen many across it say they didn’t vote for him once."
    That's why he got third which is good enough position. It doesn't deny popularity. Blob not being fan favourite is your bias. Fan favourites need not always win hands down, this would happened due to divided vote banks which is perfectly fine.

You can see comments in twitter, fb and insta under mcoc posts, 90% of them are talking about Blob not making. It's just in forums there's a debate and hatred as we get to talk more here. Regardless, you love or hate, Blob is the man of the moment and you know it. Also often more sense is needed to understand intellect.
  • Options
    Emilia90 said:

BigBlueOx said:

BigBlueOx said:

PT_99 said:

BigBlueOx said:

PT_99 said:

BigBlueOx said:

I’d say that Bullseye is the best defender now
    Possibly, we will see how we feel in 6months once we get more comfortable
  • Options
    Sundance_2099Sundance_2099 Posts: 2,818 ★★★★★
    I voted for Beetle and Viper on the basis they were the ones I most wanted added. I then voted for Blob on the basis he was the one I most wanted added out of the 4 left.

Did I do it wrong?

• Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,249 ★★★★★
    BigBlueOx said:

BigBlueOx said:

PT_99 said:

BigBlueOx said:

PT_99 said:

BigBlueOx said:

Best is really subjective and dependent on what the use is, but there have been more added, sure. It's been a male-dominated cause for a long time. I'm happy to see more.
  • Options
    Wicket329Wicket329 Posts: 3,029 ★★★★★
    Ashacekar said:

Ashacekar said:

That's why he got third which is good enough position. It doesn't deny popularity. Blob not being fan favourite is your bias. Fan favourites need not always win hands down, this would happened due to divided vote banks which is perfectly fine.

You can see comments in twitter, fb and insta under mcoc posts, 90% of them are talking about Blob not making. It's just in forums there's a debate and hatred as we get to talk more here. Regardless, you love or hate, Blob is the man of the moment and you know it. Also often more sense is needed to understand intellect.
    Mate… favorite would’ve meant he came in first. He came in “a distant third.” He is a distant third favorite. There is no bias in stating a factually supported thing that doesn’t exclude relevant information.

You keep talking about social media postings, and people keep telling you that those are not representative of everybody who plays and votes. You’ve read, at best, the opinions of a few hundred people.

As of 2018, fully six years ago, this game had 1.3 million active players. I imagine that number has gone up, not down in the following six years (I’m using 2018 numbers because I could find multiple articles using that number, giving it some validity). You are using anecdotal evidence when what you need for your claim is statistical evidence.

You gotta let this go. Maybe Blob makes it into the game down the line. Entirely possible, and I’ll have no problem with that. But you shouldn’t be condescending to people who are pointing out the very obvious fact that Blob is not the fan favorite or “man of the moment.” He came in third. Let’s move on.
  • Options
    UsagicassidyUsagicassidy Posts: 1,052 ★★★★
    I want more Mutants probably more than most people in the contest as I've been reading every X-Men comic under the sun for the last 30+ years and I love them all so much.

And Blob was the last person I wanted...
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,687 Guardian
    Polygon said:

Objectively the mutant class is probably the worst at the moment. Blob could’ve filled in for that gap. (Disclaimer: I voted for Ruby Thursday and then Shriek so not complaining just pointing this out). Hopefully we get Blob or at least some more good mutants soon

If I had to vote for weakest overall class, I would probably vote Tech. But I think no class can be objectively stated to be obviously the best or the worst. It depends greatly on what criteria you're judging the classes on.

It occurs to me that I have a way to ask myself objectively what I think the weakest and strongest classes are by at least one criteria: which ones I invest the most rank ups into. My rank up decisions are not necessarily the perfect judge of which class is stronger and weaker, but they are the most objective measure of what I think, whether I realize it or not. So here are all my 6* and 7* rankups by class:

If I focus on the top tier rank ups, which are 6* R5 and 7* R2 and R3, I get:

Mutant on top, Tech and Skill on the bottom. But those are the tippy top rank ups. If I include 6* R4, which is at least nominally pricey to do, I get:

Tech and Skill have the lowest top tier rank ups, and Tech and Cosmic have the lowest number of higher tier rank ups. The consistent class at the bottom is Tech, which matches my gut instinct. And that isn't a function of which class I have the most of, as I have 47 Techs (6* and 7*) which is the third highest class for me (Science and Cosmic have more at 51 and 52 respectively, Mystic, Mutant, and Skill are below at 44, 43, and 46).

What my rank up decisions tell me is that Mystic and Mutant are the strongest classes, which also seems to roughly match my gut instinct because not only do I have more higher rank ups for those two classes, they are also the two classes I have the fewest actual champions in, implying a higher degree of potency in those classes.

Again, this doesn't mean they are the strongest or weakest. Just that objectively, that's what my rank up history is telling me I think. I think it would be interesting to see, for people who have a strong feeling about which classes are stronger or weaker, does their rank up history match that feeling.
  • Options
    World EaterWorld Eater Posts: 3,573 ★★★★★
    Nah I don’t want a world where Blob is a stronger mutant than say Magneto or Prof X or Iceman .
  • Options
    AshacekarAshacekar Posts: 1,776 ★★★★
    edited February 1
    Wicket329 said:

Ashacekar said:

Ashacekar said:

Mate… favorite would’ve meant he came in first. He came in “a distant third.” He is a distant third favorite. There is no bias in stating a factually supported thing that doesn’t exclude relevant information.

You keep talking about social media postings, and people keep telling you that those are not representative of everybody who plays and votes. You’ve read, at best, the opinions of a few hundred people.

As of 2018, fully six years ago, this game had 1.3 million active players. I imagine that number has gone up, not down in the following six years (I’m using 2018 numbers because I could find multiple articles using that number, giving it some validity). You are using anecdotal evidence when what you need for your claim is statistical evidence.

You gotta let this go. Maybe Blob makes it into the game down the line. Entirely possible, and I’ll have no problem with that. But you shouldn’t be condescending to people who are pointing out the very obvious fact that Blob is not the fan favorite or “man of the moment.” He came in third. Let’s move on.
    Matte...fan favourite is fan favourite, not top choice. There can be multiple fan favourites. That is also a fact. What does it hurt you when i say Blob is fan favourite? All your aruments regarding he being the top choice which is not my point.

My point is he came third which is respectable as there high demand for him and it's visible with reactions. Blob haters just need to argue when you mention he is "fan favourite" and not "top choice" and last para is true for you as well. You can let this go, Blob will make it and Blob being third, talked about and being a fan favourite is a fact.
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,687 Guardian
    Ashacekar said:

Wicket329 said:

Ashacekar said:

Ashacekar said:

Matte...fan favourite is fan favourite, not top choice. There can be multiple fan favourites. That is also a fact. What does it hurt you when i say Blob is fan favourite? All your aruments regarding he being the top choice which is not my point.

My point is he came third which is respectable as there high demand for him and it's visible with reactions. Blob haters just need to argue when you mention he is "fan favourite" and not "top choice" and last para is true for you as well. You can let this go, Blob will make it and Blob being third, talked about and being a fan favourite is a fact.
    They're all fan favorites, for some fans.