**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

This game is not fun to play anymore

I have been playing this game for a number of years now been in regular alliances and frustrating nodes and champion designs/abilities I have more fun having my teeth taken out kabam if you want longevity look at what you are doing

Comments

• Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,053 ★★★★★
    NüΚΞ said:

My biggest issue are the bugs. Characters with two hit combos being parried. AI not throwing specials in combination with debilitating nodes. Example of that is the new incursions with Dani Moonstar. I faced her twice in my last run and the way the nodes were set up you do not want her to throw the sp2. With her impact damage and the amount of hits in the special you just die. She just wouldn’t throw her sp1. I’d be curious to hear from Kabam on what their expectation is of players to get the AI to throw a special?

I also spent time and some money taking toad to R5 and ascended him to be a great counter to NF. That hasn’t worked for a while now. It would be cool if that could be fixed so I could use the champ as intended.

Some of these bugs you can work around like in BG. If you are in a necro run or incursions these issues equate to either starting over or paying out for really expensive revives (especially incursions) hard content is okay but hard content with bugs is just not a fun time. You also nerfed revive farming so now we have to spend money or grind units to pay out as a consequence of said bugs. Also not fair game play.

I’d be for a pause in monthly EQ for Kabam to address the bugs in game currently for the sake of all players.

How would pausing EQ's fix bugs faster?
  • Options
    Avengers320Avengers320 Posts: 684 ★★★
    Good for you bro
  • Options
    obsidimanobsidiman Posts: 709 ★★★
    Totally thought Charliejiggens was out of forum jail. Not gonna lie... was a little disappointed.
  • Options
    jcphillips7jcphillips7 Posts: 1,036 ★★★
    Pikolu said:

NüΚΞ said:

I’d be for a pause in monthly EQ for Kabam to address the bugs in game currently for the sake of all players.

Okay guys, repeat after me:

Different 👏 teams 👏 work 👏 on 👏 different 👏 parts 👏 of 👏 the 👏 game.
    You should tell this to the others my wife works with, because apparently she ends up doing everyone's job.

• Options
    Twist1298Twist1298 Posts: 64
    The gameplay definitely needs work with all the issues going on, and I think there can be ways to work on it. Just got to find the time and focus. Right now they're focusing on increasing revenue because they feel that is more than important. I've also noticed little tweaks on how to spend units to include ranking up champions. So they definitely have the ability to because if you fixed gameplay that extends the life of the game and settles quite a bit of the frustration.
  • Options
    Twist1298 said:

The gameplay definitely needs work with all the issues going on, and I think there can be ways to work on it. Just got to find the time and focus. Right now they're focusing on increasing revenue because they feel that is more than important. I've also noticed little tweaks on how to spend units to include ranking up champions. So they definitely have the ability to because if you fixed gameplay that extends the life of the game and settles quite a bit of the frustration.

Wut?
  • Options
    BigBlueOxBigBlueOx Posts: 1,587 ★★★★★
    Pikolu said:

NüΚΞ said:

Okay guys, repeat after me:

Different 👏 teams 👏 work 👏 on 👏 different 👏 parts 👏 of 👏 the 👏 game.

Quest designers don't deal with bugs, so asking to shut down Monthly EQ until the bugs are fixed is the same as asking kabam to fire a large number of employees who have no job in the game anymore.

I don’t know what you said as I’ve trained my brain to filter out anything that uses that emoji to make a point…
  • Options
    NüΚΞNüΚΞ Posts: 114 ★★
    Lmao people getting worked up when other players criticize issues with the game. I never mentioned anything about nodes or content. I mentioned bugs… and to the EQ thing what I was getting at… 👏🏻Is 👏🏻they👏🏻 should 👏🏻be 👏🏻prioritized 👏🏻more 👏🏻than 👏🏻they 👏🏻are 👏🏻now.
  • Options
    NüΚΞ said:

Lmao people getting worked up when other players criticize issues with the game. I never mentioned anything about nodes or content. I mentioned bugs… and to the EQ thing what I was getting at… 👏🏻Is 👏🏻they👏🏻 should 👏🏻be 👏🏻prioritized 👏🏻more 👏🏻than 👏🏻they 👏🏻are 👏🏻now.

They are prioritized..... By the team that works and fixes bugs. They just are prioritized the way you feel it needs to be.

The teams the design quests, champions, economy or UI aren't the team that fixes bugs. So saying they should stop making new EQs in lue of fixing bugs is ignorant.

It's like saying McDonald's should close until all their ice cream machines are working probably.
  • Options
    klobberintymeklobberintyme Posts: 1,429 ★★★★

NüΚΞ said:

It's like saying McDonald's should close until all their ice cream machines are working probably.
    The frozen dairy-adjace machines usually work but are a pain to clean which is why i usually hear Sorry Shake machine not working.

As for those with complaints, let's all remember the following: MCOC is a 9-year-old infrastructure with newer parts using newish methods grafted on, with fingers crossed that the new stuff talks to the old stuff and runs on enough new operating systems. There's a reason most games have a finite shelf life, cause most game devs would flip their lids if told they can't stray far from a 9-year-old combat system, but oh, keep cranking that content out.

As for fun, I have fun playing for the 30 minutes a day, on the content i can play for just 30 minutes a day. That's some feedback data for a user well outside the 18-49 target demo.
  • Options
    BigBlueOxBigBlueOx Posts: 1,587 ★★★★★
    NüΚΞ said:

All I read was 👏

I must assume there was nothing valuable to add to the conversation.
  • Options
    HungaryHippoHungaryHippo Posts: 773 ★★★★
    Thecurler said:

OP has a point imo.

This is something I just posted in another thread…

Based off the comments I’m seeing in line chats, people are growing increasingly frustrated with the current direction of the game…

Game becoming flooded with annoying defenders - linked to many of them needing specific counters and the eternal chase for them.
    Massive chip and unavoidable damage becoming a thing again.
    Annoying and unenjoyable nodes, rather than fun and challenging.
    Rewards and general economy feeling outdated in much of the game.

Many of us have invested a lot of time and money in this game, also been here for the ups and downs.
    This forum allows us the opportunity to provide some feedback.
    On rare occasions, Kabam act upon that feedback.

You missed one. Top players raging on stream about AI (including Kabam devs).
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,687 Guardian
    Thecurler said:

Based off the comments I’m seeing in line chats, people are growing increasingly frustrated with the current direction of the game…

There has never been a time in the past where someone wasn't saying those exact words.

Someone is always growing increasingly frustrated with the current direction of the game. Someone is also always saying and this time it is different.

And it is also always the exact same complaints: game getting too difficult, game getting too grindy, game rewards too low (sorry, outdated), too many bugs, not enough fun.

None of these are actionable complaints. Difficulty is subjective, and for everyone player that thinks the game is too difficult there are other players who think it is too easy. I'm not going to bother addressing game reward balance here (unless someone forces me to, in which case blame them). And while yes, there are a lot of annoying bugs in the game, anyone who thinks the game team isn't trying to fix them shouldn't bother complaining about it, because if the devs don't care about annoying bugs, they won't care about annoying complaints about annoying bugs either. They aren't going to suddenly read a forum post and say "you know what, maybe we should actually try to fix the bugs in the game." If you think the devs aren't there yet, they never will be.