Potential Delay to v44.1 Launch

We are currently working through some issues that may affect the release window of v44.1. This means that the update may not release on Monday as it usually does. We are working to resolve the issue holding us up as quickly as possible, but will keep you all updated, especially if the delay results in any changes to the content release schedule.
Options

This game is not fun to play anymore

2»

Comments

• Options
    Shadowcat1331Shadowcat1331 Posts: 1
    edited February 6
    Idk how to quote but u/Emilia90 said Bullseye doesn't have many counters. WeX is a great counter that Kabam handed out last month for basically nothing.
  • Options
    SuperSam568SuperSam568 Posts: 35
    I think a very simple bandaid on the problem regarding bugs would be to supply everyone with 7 20% revives a week for free and some heal potions.

When they had the parry bug long ago, but didn’t have their new system, there was a fairly regular compensation scheme in place which gave out some free stuff to account for all the bugs.

It really helped.

I felt less annoyed that my fight went downhill due to a failed input that one combo koed me, because I had a few free revives to put back in. So it felt like - yes, the game bugs was causing me to lose, but kabam was picking up the pieces and giving me a hand back up.

I have to say, the most enjoyable and relaxed I’ve ever felt playing, was in the beta testing, where the revives cost 1gp, the heals cost 1gp. So playing the game and dieing due to bugs just isn’t an issue. You could simply play and enjoy the journey and the challenge.

Probably the closest feeling to that I’ve had in the real game is when I’ve just had a ton of units and potions ready to use and ready to play something like necropolis, where the pleasure of completing a challenge is there again, and you have the back up of a ton of revives.

Now of course, we can all just play and spend time grinding for those units and revives and anyone can do it.

But if kabam gave us a few free…..it would help as it would feel like kabam acknowledging that these things are going on, and they are prepared to do something to help.
  • Options
    CvlrCvlr Posts: 217 ★★
    Then don't play lmao
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,706 Guardian

I think a very simple bandaid on the problem regarding bugs would be to supply everyone with 7 20% revives a week for free and some heal potions.

When they had the parry bug long ago, but didn’t have their new system, there was a fairly regular compensation scheme in place which gave out some free stuff to account for all the bugs.

And that's why they are never ever ever going to do that again. Players didn't see that as temporary compensation for a specific problem, they started to see that as compensation for every problem. When Kabam decided to eliminate those compensation packages, there was a chorus of "but what about this bug" and "what about this problem?" Basically, players decided that the natural state of the game was just to have this constant flood of rewards and resources to counterbalance whatever thing they didn't like in the game. It ceased to become compensation at all, it started to become another calendar in a lot of players' eyes.

You can't do that for an extended period of time and not have a lot of players just assume that they deserve that stuff forever. The hassle of getting rid of it taught Kabam to never do it again in the first place.
  • Options
    BigBlueOxBigBlueOx Posts: 1,591 ★★★★★
    edited February 7

NüΚΞ said:

Lmao people getting worked up when other players criticize issues with the game. I never mentioned anything about nodes or content. I mentioned bugs… and to the EQ thing what I was getting at… 👏🏻Is 👏🏻they👏🏻 should 👏🏻be 👏🏻prioritized 👏🏻more 👏🏻than 👏🏻they 👏🏻are 👏🏻now.

Legend has it, if you clap profusely, the bugs in the game will get fixed much easier than they can be now. Keep clapping!
    Oh I heard that legend, it was right next to the IF I WRITE IN CAPS LOCK IT MEANS I’M RIGHT chapter.
  • Options
    Skydad23Skydad23 Posts: 541 ★★★

Skydad23 said:

Wong_98 said:

Ok. Go ahead and leave

then I’ll see you back here next week complaining again

Seriously, if the “game is not fun to play anymore” then don’t play it
    Maybe that’s what he will do? This is a forum a place where you give feedback. I would think Kabam as a company, appreciates feedback, positive or negative. This post was constructive criticism. He gave a reason. You were entitled to your reply, even though it really offers nothing. I’m sure he knows he could leave the game. Maybe that’s not obvious to you hopefully my reply clears that up with you. People are intelligent enough to know that they can leave the game.
    Pretend you're Kabam. Take OPs "feedback" and tell me what actions you can take to make changes to make players more happy. Tell me in detail which part of OPs comment you would take action on first. What changes would you make? What feedback would you relay to your teams within the company?

@Skydad23 Looking forward to hearing how'd you'd do with this "feedback".

Huh???? my comment was in reply to the person who just told him don’t play then. Not sure where you are going with this? I didn’t say, I agreed or disagreed with OPs statement why are you asking me to do something that has nothing to do with my comment? Giving feedback 24 seven is your department all hours of all days You are here, the eternal forum master! My feedback for you is detached take a break log out of the forum and actually play the game.
  • Options
    NightheartNightheart Posts: 906 ★★★
    If that's how you feel then take a break for sometime then come back. The game is going to be around for many years who knows maybe we won't be alive till then.
  • Options
    BringPopcornBringPopcorn Posts: 2,841 ★★★★★
    If you are happy and enjoy this game clap your hands 👏👏
    If you are sad and wanna quit go ahead 👏👏
    If all you do is whine about the game and all you do is wanna quit, uninstall it go ahead 👏👏
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,102 ★★★★★
    Skydad23 said:

Skydad23 said:

Wong_98 said:

Ok. Go ahead and leave

Maybe that’s what he will do? This is a forum a place where you give feedback. I would think Kabam as a company, appreciates feedback, positive or negative. This post was constructive criticism. He gave a reason. You were entitled to your reply, even though it really offers nothing. I’m sure he knows he could leave the game. Maybe that’s not obvious to you hopefully my reply clears that up with you. People are intelligent enough to know that they can leave the game.
    Pretend you're Kabam. Take OPs "feedback" and tell me what actions you can take to make changes to make players more happy. Tell me in detail which part of OPs comment you would take action on first. What changes would you make? What feedback would you relay to your teams within the company?

Huh???? my comment was in reply to the person who just told him don’t play then. Not sure where you are going with this? I didn’t say, I agreed or disagreed with OPs statement why are you asking me to do something that has nothing to do with my comment? Giving feedback 24 seven is your department all hours of all days You are here, the eternal forum master! My feedback for you is detached take a break log out of the forum and actually play the game.
    You said OP gave constructive feedback. But this is the answer I knew I'd get.
  • Options
    Ragnarok13Ragnarok13 Posts: 48
    Thanks for letting me know
  • Options
    ThecurlerThecurler Posts: 860 ★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

Thecurler said:

Based off the comments I’m seeing in line chats, people are growing increasingly frustrated with the current direction of the game…

There has never been a time in the past where someone wasn't saying those exact words.

Someone is always growing increasingly frustrated with the current direction of the game. Someone is also always saying and this time it is different.

And it is also always the exact same complaints: game getting too difficult, game getting too grindy, game rewards too low (sorry, outdated), too many bugs, not enough fun.

None of these are actionable complaints. Difficulty is subjective, and for everyone player that thinks the game is too difficult there are other players who think it is too easy. I'm not going to bother addressing game reward balance here (unless someone forces me to, in which case blame them). And while yes, there are a lot of annoying bugs in the game, anyone who thinks the game team isn't trying to fix them shouldn't bother complaining about it, because if the devs don't care about annoying bugs, they won't care about annoying complaints about annoying bugs either. They aren't going to suddenly read a forum post and say "you know what, maybe we should actually try to fix the bugs in the game." If you think the devs aren't there yet, they never will be.
    Interesting you quoted my post then argued against several points I didn’t even make.

I didn’t mention difficulty or bugs.

However, since you brought it up, I would argue your point over how subjective difficulty is. It’s not as black and white as taking a good player and a bad player, and saying they will have very different views of difficulty.

Take AW as a recent example, my alliance is t2.
    All of a similar skill level, as are most of the alliances we face.
    In current meta, deaths are many multiples of previous war meta’s… there’s no subjectivity there, it’s more difficult.
    This one should be an actionable complaint, from pre season 46, feedback was unanimous, “this meta sucks”, it’s over-tuned, the attack tactic is useless, it isn’t fun.

Getting back to your point about “someone is always complaining”.
    I gave my experience of players who generally aren’t the sort who cry “wahhhhh, compensation”. Grown ups been playing the game for years, finished all content, high tier war, spend etc.
    Players who don’t just whinge for the sake of it but more and more discussing similar concerns.

I’ll give a couple of examples to back up some of the issues raised -

Chip damage = pierce appearing everywhere. Think back to act 7 beta attack values. Accepted, we’re not back at that level but it feels like big chip damage is creeping back into the game via a different method.

Annoying nodes = Root appearing more frequently, does anyone actually like this mechanic?
    Going back to some of the story quests, remember the nodes, unless you do x or y, your damage is gimped by 80%. Do x or y and you can do normal damage for x seconds.
    After feedback, they changed those type of nodes so unless you do x or y your damage is gimped by 80% but if you do x or y you get a big attack bonus.

Again, variations of nodes that gimp your damage unless you fulfil certain actions with no upside of completing those actions are appearing in the game again.

Those are just a couple of examples of issues previously addressed by the team that are creeping back into the game.
  • Options
    Skydad23Skydad23 Posts: 541 ★★★

Skydad23 said:

Skydad23 said:

Wong_98 said:

Ok. Go ahead and leave

You said OP gave constructive feedback. But this is the answer I knew I'd get.

I think you’ve been logged in for too long. Your replies are starting to become incoherent but seriously it doesn’t make any sense. Maybe I’m the one lost but the sheer amount of disagrees your comments get led me to believe that you’re wrong.