Options

Actual Carina Challenge Discussion/Help

2»

Comments

• Options
    Emilia90Emilia90 Posts: 2,064 ★★★★★

@Emilia90 and others, I personally don't rank up champs for this content this soon. We have woe and other seasonal challenges which have clearly better rewards (2 of these challenges give a r3 gem and each give a titan crystal and multiple 7*s).

What if in the future you absolutely require someone else for woe at r5?

You can do tigra challenge cuz she is a great champ to rank up anyways, But If I were you I'll hold off on zemo and mojo atleast for next few months

Oh I’m not taking mojo or zemo up. I have a 7* r1 mojo that I’m hoping to get the dupe on to use for that one, and I have a r4 zemo already. Might ascend him and just boost lol

I agree though, a lot of these champs won’t be super useful after this. Especially for the avengers challenge
  • Options
    Emilia90Emilia90 Posts: 2,064 ★★★★★
    ahmynuts said:

ahmynuts said:

Just finished the Mojo one. The greatest challenge for this one i overcoming the A.I. I don't recommend anyone try this one until the A.I is fixed. So never, prepare a bunch of extra items before you hop into this to account for wacky behavior

What'd it cost you?

My 6* Mojo is awakened but only 6r1, but I just pulled the 7* from one of those Be Mine crystals the other day. Will wait to see what the V-Day calendar gives me on the last day. I know Mojo at the least needs to be awakened as a 7*, but I'd much prefer awakening my Black Cat or Domino.
    Without the AI having a seizure trying to decide if it wanted to be passive or aggressive, which messed a lot with Mojo's prompts, it would have been around 20 for me, I think, because I legit messed up a lot trying to get into the rhythm of Warlock and Terrax. In total i used about 35 revives

This can be done with not a lot of revives, provided the AI cooperates with you, I see what the intent was, and in a perfect world where the AI wasn't always trying to do the opposite of what Mojos prompts requires or what you need to do for the node, it would have actually been fun.
    35 is pretty good for how stupid the challenge is lol. That’s how much my first Necro path cost me I think so I can’t believe I’ll have to dump that again for 7 Mojo fights 😭
  • Options
    ahmynutsahmynuts Posts: 6,306 ★★★★★
    edited February 16
    Emilia90 said:

ahmynuts said:

ahmynuts said:

Just finished the Mojo one. The greatest challenge for this one i overcoming the A.I. I don't recommend anyone try this one until the A.I is fixed. So never, prepare a bunch of extra items before you hop into this to account for wacky behavior

What'd it cost you?

My 6* Mojo is awakened but only 6r1, but I just pulled the 7* from one of those Be Mine crystals the other day. Will wait to see what the V-Day calendar gives me on the last day. I know Mojo at the least needs to be awakened as a 7*, but I'd much prefer awakening my Black Cat or Domino.
    Without the AI having a seizure trying to decide if it wanted to be passive or aggressive, which messed a lot with Mojo's prompts, it would have been around 20 for me, I think, because I legit messed up a lot trying to get into the rhythm of Warlock and Terrax. In total i used about 35 revives

This can be done with not a lot of revives, provided the AI cooperates with you, I see what the intent was, and in a perfect world where the AI wasn't always trying to do the opposite of what Mojos prompts requires or what you need to do for the node, it would have actually been fun.
    35 is pretty good for how stupid the challenge is lol. That’s how much my first Necro path cost me I think so I can’t believe I’ll have to dump that again for 7 Mojo fights 😭
    I really do think it's dependent on AI cooperation, unfortunately. Could be much less, could be a lot more. I got a couple of solos on the path (Herc, Nick Fury, and I can't remember the third; I started wiping this experience from my memory already). But of course, the fights where the AI didn't want to cooperate were the ones you really needed it to, like Warlock, MODOK, and Terrax.

I swear your prompt would be "punish a special," and the AI would be like, "I've never once heard of that word before," then act in such a way that it was impossible to land a heavy to reset the prompts lol. And when the prompt was "Land a heavy," Forget about it. They would turtle up in the corner, then as soon as you think you have an opening to try, they're Bruce Lee fighting for his life.

That being said. I could see how other solos were possible under the right circumstances. But rarely do we have those in MCOC lol.
  • Options
    captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Posts: 4,708 ★★★★★
    ahmynuts said:

Emilia90 said:

ahmynuts said:

ahmynuts said:

What'd it cost you?

I really do think it's dependent on AI cooperation, unfortunately. Could be much less, could be a lot more. I got a couple of solos on the path (Herc, Nick Fury, and I can't remember the third; I started wiping this experience from my memory already). But of course, the fights where the AI didn't want to cooperate were the ones you really needed it to, like Warlock, MODOK, and Terrax.

I swear your prompt would be "punish a special," and the AI would be like, "I've never once heard of that word before," then act in such a way that it was impossible to land a heavy to reset the prompts lol. And when the prompt was "Land a heavy," Forget about it. They would turtle up in the corner, then as soon as you think you have an opening to try, they're Bruce Lee fighting for his life.

That being said. I could see how other solos were possible under the right circumstances. But rarely do we have those in MCOC lol.
    Land a heavy is not a prompt, it's charging a heavy attack, in that case if AI goes passive, I'll just go as far as I can and whiff a heavy, yes it's risky, but always works for me.
  • Options
    ahmynutsahmynuts Posts: 6,306 ★★★★★
    edited February 16

ahmynuts said:

Emilia90 said:

ahmynuts said:

ahmynuts said:

What'd it cost you?

Land a heavy is not a prompt, it's charging a heavy attack, in that case if AI goes passive, I'll just go as far as I can and whiff a heavy, yes it's risky, but always works for me.
    I call it land a heavy because 80% of the time if you try and whiff it in there you are getting sent straight to the shadow realm by the most out of nowhere overly aggressive AI you have ever seen in this game.

Maybe my luck is just bad but it was way too dangerous and inconsistent to try and heavy to either complete or change the prompts. Kabam sent me to jail and put the rig ray in full force against my in game account.
  • Options
    altavistaaltavista Posts: 1,312 ★★★★
    edited February 16
    Did 7.3.6 with Ascended Sparky, poison path. No issues on path, except Emma Frost on that node is still annoying.
    Phase 2 took the most revives, since I couldn't consistently block the special to get power drained (Sparky would evade and cause me to gain power). Phase 4 required two SP3's for the KO. ~7 total revives for me.

Dunno if I will touch the remaining challenges, especially with more Seasons of Woe that will eat up my already low potion stash.
  • Options
    Ercarret said:

I highly recommend watching Karatemike's streams for his respective challenges. I wasn't sure how you'd do them but watching how he envisioned them being done was pretty eye-opening. Especially the Avengers one. Since you never use most of those champions, you don't really pay attention to what they can do on attack. But just as an example, OG Black Widow reduces the opponent's defensive ability accuracy by up to 80% when striking them, meaning she's a great counter to both Korg and Thing in there. There were a few instances like that where I went, "Huh, I hadn't thought of that interaction before, that makes the challenge way easier than I had anticipated."

🫶🏻
  • Options
    RasiloverRasilover Posts: 1,467 ★★★★
    Nah we would rather grift as a mob instead of actually being strategic for once