Options

LAGS, KM, and FIN

As someone who has played this game for years and has completed most content I'm always looking for new content that I can do to push myself and see the limit of my skills, so thank you to all 3 of you for creating these challenges for the community. Some of the messages I have seen being posted in forums, but more specifically YouTube and other social media platforms is genuinely horrifying. It is insane the evil that exist in this world to attack a person, their character, and even wish harm to their families for creating an OPTIONAL challenge for the community to partake in. I might not be able to do all of the challenges right now or in the next 6 months even, but I look forward to completing them down the line. Although there is a lot of negativity being thrown around the last few days I wanted to take the time to make one of my first post to just say thank you and show that there is still so much support from me and many other members of this community that are thankful for the entertainment, education, instruction, and heart y'all put into everything y'all do for this community. I personally always enjoy feeling accomplished after putting in the work to earn rewards so I am so glad these challenges were not a way to just get free handout rewards, rather they take skill, time, planning, and resource management to complete. So once again thank you all! And know that y'all will always have my love at support. I look forward to getting my 7 star Starkey and Masacre (sorry Mike lol).

Much love and God Bless 👍❤️

Alto

Comments

• Options
    captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Posts: 4,096 ★★★★★
    @Emilia90 why you blocked warlock sp1? You can miss the 3 beam attacks in his sp1 right?
  • Options
    SiliyoSiliyo Posts: 1,389 ★★★★★

@Emilia90 why you blocked warlock sp1? You can miss the 3 beam attacks in his sp1 right?

When you’re block baiting, you’re not expecting an SP1 to be thrown in your face. It would be different if he was purposely baiting an SP1, but he did not. Therefore, with the quick reaction time you’d need, he had to keep his block up
  • Options
    Ming_Mow129Ming_Mow129 Posts: 53
    Respect to laggs for remembering the community when it comes to making content that is tough but not a resource grab. Kabam are trying to make this game in a money pit. The game i remember was fun and challenging now it's just something totally different and couldn't tell you what they think their doing but it's going exactly the opposite way from what they thought
  • Options
    ItsClobberinTimeItsClobberinTime Posts: 3,370 ★★★★★
    Pikolu said:

Bro thinks most people are complaining about the actual difficulty when in reality it's mostly the fact that the challenging content is extremely unfun and feels more like a chore than a challenge.

I've seen a ton of complaints talking about how all the challenges are just a revive-fest when they really aren't. I'm having a lot of fun using some old gems like Black Widow, Thor, and Stark Spidey again. These challenges are also going to push me to finally learn how to play tigra, so that'll be a really fun experience.
    There's definitely some but those aren't the majority imo, I also haven't heard any content creator mention the difficulty aspect, some have however mentioned fun, they don't really find this type of content fun and I fully agree. I don't care about difficulty cause I'm at a point in the game where I can probably handle all these challenges with the right set up, the problem is they're just not fun except for Lags', those I'm actually gonna do really soon cause they look very fun. The rest however? Yeah I don't know, I tried Mike's with my Zemo yesterday and while I do admit watching Doom melt after a single sp2 sp1 rotation was hilarious, I'm not looking forward to doing some of the other fights cause I just know they're either going to be extremely annoying due to bs nodes or just boring in general.
  • Options
    DeaconDeacon Posts: 4,070 ★★★★★

Bro thinks most people are complaining about the actual difficulty when in reality it's mostly the fact that the challenging content is extremely unfun and feels more like a chore than a challenge.

exactly this. not to mention he could have just responded in all the other threads about this but he wanted his "fame" too I suppose.

the uproar has zero to do with the difficulty of it. it's all about just the lack of fun, imagination and yeah fun in any of them besides the Stark one. "oh I get to learn these new champs" .. stop it. you could do that years ago if you really wanted to.

it's optional of course but that doesn't' exclude it from being called what it is to many people ... poop. i can appreciate the intent of these but the delivery has fallen severely short of the mark.
  • Options
    Savage123456789Savage123456789 Posts: 651 ★★★
    Pikolu said:

Pikolu said:

I've seen a ton of complaints talking about how all the challenges are just a revive-fest when they really aren't. I'm having a lot of fun using some old gems like Black Widow, Thor, and Stark Spidey again. These challenges are also going to push me to finally learn how to play tigra, so that'll be a really fun experience.
    There's definitely some but those aren't the majority imo
    They weren't built for the majority. These were challenges for the top 1% of players in the game. The people who enjoy them are those who are doing it for fun and less for rewards. I personally love these challenges because stuff like necro and WoW just encourage ranking meta champions, while these challenges actually diversify my roster more.
    I think challenges should be like this. But comparing ranking up black widow to Jabari is something completely different. There are so many champs that are good but not meta and would be great for a challenge. That’s the pain point that makes everything look bad. It’s the same thing with Raids and WoW when they first came out. Placing too many pain points all in one thing makes things not enjoyable. Even though mikes challenges are easier than fintech’s, I was looking forward to playing fintech’s challenge because ranking up Jabari does not feel like a waste of resources
  • Options
    Emilia90Emilia90 Posts: 1,864 ★★★★★

It’s a bad idea to bait sp1’s cause of the shock. It’s also hard to land a parry during the fight and every special you throw will also trigger degen on you. I watched fins stream and even with a generally cooperative warlock, he still couldn’t solo it.

I quit out at one point because he threw his heavy from across the screen and killed me lmao. Frustrating challenge and it’s not even the fights where your Tigra skills need to be honed that are annoying, it’s the ones where you take damage regardless and don’t even use Tigra how she’s supposed to be used
  • Options
    Alto_Dalto1Alto_Dalto1 Posts: 7
    ahmynuts said:

I would like to know what point you're trying to make. However, there is a giant wall of text in front of me, preventing me from even caring about reading what you have to say.

The main point really is that this a video game and many people are getting way to worked up over a few challenges and sending threats and just plain disrespectful messages to these content creators cause they were tasked with creating the community a challenge. Many players can't handle the challenges or feel like it's a revive/potion grab and can have an opinion on it but those few that are just attacking them as people or their families is so unnecessarily uncalled for but hey if my wall of text is in the way good thing it's optional just like the context XD
  • Options
    Alto_Dalto1Alto_Dalto1 Posts: 7
    Deacon said:

exactly this. not to mention he could have just responded in all the other threads about this but he wanted his "fame" too I suppose.

the uproar has zero to do with the difficulty of it. it's all about just the lack of fun, imagination and yeah fun in any of them besides the Stark one. "oh I get to learn these new champs" .. stop it. you could do that years ago if you really wanted to.

it's optional of course but that doesn't' exclude it from being called what it is to many people ... poop. i can appreciate the intent of these but the delivery has fallen severely short of the mark.
    Again it's my first post and I wanted to take the time to thank them and let them know they are appreciated when there is multiple threads that just have negativity and trash in them right now, I don't come to the forums hardly ever but decided things I had see going around the internet and social media was worth a comment. So no I didn't care about the "fame" I want those creators to have a higher chance of seeing messages from people that support them, but I appreciate you trying to use that as an effort to undermine my OP.

And yes I'm sure you have totally tried all 6 challenges by now to know for yourself or not if these are actually any fun rather then just regurgitating what everyone else has been saying about these challenges. Yes you could learn champs years ago but most of the time the community leans towards using meta champions, so by creating these challenges yes they are giving us an opportunity to learn older champs through these challenges.

And yes people can have their opinions on it so you can say they are poop but as I said until everyone tries the challenges I don't see how they can already have such strong opinions on them. Years ago when the first 2 volumes of Carina came out I remember many people bashing Kabam for the challenges being too hard or a revive fest and that deterred me from playing them for a while. But once I got around to trying them most really weren't that bad, of course some were much more difficult and I even elected to not do certain challenges like Abyss cause they were too hard for me at the time. But that doesn't mean I should just trash every piece of content in the game that's difficult to play cause I play for the challenge and to have fun with this mobile video game.
  • Options
    HungaryHippoHungaryHippo Posts: 777 ★★★★
    What is the point of this post?
  • Options
    Emilia90Emilia90 Posts: 1,864 ★★★★★
    ahmynuts said:

Emilia90 said:

You have to turn off willpower, he’ll keep throwing sp1’s even when you block for some reason, and you take guaranteed damage regardless of how well you play. The same thing applies to that Peni who’s just an rng fest. There are fights in there that genuinely test your Tigra skills and overall game skills, but there are also “pray the ai/rng isn’t awful” fights where you’ll take damage anyways.

Don't go looking to do the Mojo challenge if you don't want to experience most of this again, albeit for a shorter amount of time
    Yeah not looking forward to that one either. That modok fight with mojo looks like a joke. I refuse to believe that any amount of proper thought went into that challenge honestly. Modok with Jabari sucks too because she doesn’t even counter autoblock. If modok wants to kill you, he pretty much can at any time. The heavy node also makes it hard to Tigra it
  • Options
    ahmynutsahmynuts Posts: 6,061 ★★★★★
    Emilia90 said:

ahmynuts said:

Emilia90 said:

You have to turn off willpower, he’ll keep throwing sp1’s even when you block for some reason, and you take guaranteed damage regardless of how well you play. The same thing applies to that Peni who’s just an rng fest. There are fights in there that genuinely test your Tigra skills and overall game skills, but there are also “pray the ai/rng isn’t awful” fights where you’ll take damage anyways.

Don't go looking to do the Mojo challenge if you don't want to experience most of this again, albeit for a shorter amount of time
    Yeah not looking forward to that one either. That modok fight with mojo looks like a joke. I refuse to believe that any amount of proper thought went into that challenge honestly. Modok with Jabari sucks too because she doesn’t even counter autoblock. If modok wants to kill you, he pretty much can at any time. The heavy node also makes it hard to Tigra it
    I'll defend the Mojo challenge in the regard of it being planned out. When you play it, you'll be able to see what the vision was, how it was supposed to work, and what I'm talking about. Mojo is actually able to do all of those fights without many items and is a viable champ to use. However, that is ONLY if the AI cooperates with you. Especially on MODOK, Warlock, and Terrax. You need cooperation for those, and most of the time, you will not get it.
  • Options
    SirGamesBondSirGamesBond Posts: 4,229 ★★★★★
    ahmynuts said:

While I'm still on the hill that fintechs challenges shouldn't exist as the game is right now. I think I cracked the code to his thought process for at least one of them.

Absolutely hate the fact that many good players who didn't use tigra will wind up with ascended tigras and beat my sorry sAss in BGs. That one thing I had going on to win .😢
    And
    Don't you guys hate on beautiful mojo, He's a pretty fun champ to use, and an amazing attacker in BGs. I want my 7* duped too.
  • Options
    Rohith21Rohith21 Posts: 169 ★★
    I look forward to the day you're able to get your hands on the 7* massacre and stark spidey. Until then, might as well not make long boot licking forum posts without even trying the challenges. No offense.