Potential Delay to v44.1 Launch

We are currently working through some issues that may affect the release window of v44.1. This means that the update may not release on Monday as it usually does. We are working to resolve the issue holding us up as quickly as possible, but will keep you all updated, especially if the delay results in any changes to the content release schedule.
Options

Probably a dumb question, but are all the usable raid Champs actually viable?

Dirty_DozzDirty_Dozz Posts: 313 ★★★
Title. I'd assume they are, since why have "trap Champs" that would make it harder. But I want to be sure before I bring a Champ that isn't meta (was thinking of Venompool)

Comments

• Options
    AshacekarAshacekar Posts: 1,793 ★★★★
    Energy based attackers aren't viable for Ultron
  • Options
    PT_99PT_99 Posts: 2,442 ★★★★★
    Why DOT damage doesn't increase as same as normal damage increases?
  • Options
    xLunatiXxxLunatiXx Posts: 1,185 ★★★★★
    PT_99 said:

Cause it was overpowered during the beta apparently.
    Now those champs are kinda useless. Champ pool need to be reworked
  • Options
    SquirrelguySquirrelguy Posts: 2,645 ★★★★★
    I mean, there is a difference between "viable" and "best". The nodes don't have perfect parity across the champion pools, and often, pools like this have a range of champions to allow the totality of summoners to have more options to play with. If someone only has OG Storm as a 7* R1, but Kushala at 7* R3 and not really any other good options, then the "less viable" Kushala will still be totally fine to take in and still likely a much better choice than Storm. The benefit of the 12% limit is that "less viable champs" can often still hit that with competent gameplay and a little luck on the bug/AI side of things. "Less viable" champs can still be the best champs for a specific summoner, so I don't think they should only allow the optimal champs in the mode.

TBH, even a Ronan would probably slap with the ridiculous amounts of attack increase you can get from optimal teamwork and gameplay.
  • Options
    mmartin5817mmartin5817 Posts: 78
    edited February 21
    First time playing raids and I wish I had chosen hulkling instead of my r3 venom. Venom does ok but he can’t utilitize the buff as easily because it requires you to punish their heavy or specials and he just doesn’t have much range on his heavy to punish them effectively. I assume silver surfer and anyone else with a small range heavy suffers too. It’s even worse when these defenders have beams as their specials so you can’t even get close. For maestro, to complete the missions I just backed up to the wall blocked his combo then dexed both heavy punches and all his sp1 beams just to get my opening to punish his heavy. Hulkling and other champs have better range on their heavy so you can punish it anywhere in the arena not just against the wall. Having to play venom like quake is a little ridiculous especially once the defender gets pierces.
  • Options
    PinkertonPinkerton Posts: 1
    FYI, you don't have to punish Maestro's heavy or special with your own heavy. You simply need to counter-attack as soon as the animation of his heavy or his special is complete. You can use a light or medium attack to do so.
  • Options
    SquirrelguySquirrelguy Posts: 2,645 ★★★★★

First time playing raids and I wish I had chosen hulkling instead of my r3 venom. Venom does ok but he can’t utilitize the buff as easily because it requires you to punish their heavy or specials and he just doesn’t have much range on his heavy to punish them effectively. I assume silver surfer and anyone else with a small range heavy suffers too. It’s even worse when these defenders have beams as their specials so you can’t even get close. For maestro, to complete the missions I just backed up to the wall blocked his combo then dexed both heavy punches and all his sp1 beams just to get my opening to punish his heavy. Hulkling and other champs have better range on their heavy so you can punish it anywhere in the arena not just against the wall. Having to play venom like quake is a little ridiculous especially once the defender gets pierces.

Yeah, as Pink said, you only have to retaliate with a strike after their heavy or special attack, not with the attacker's special or heavy attack.
  • Options
    Vegeta9001Vegeta9001 Posts: 1,348 ★★★★
    xLunatiXx said:

PT_99 said:

Cause it was overpowered during the beta apparently.
    Now those champs are kinda useless. Champ pool need to be reworked
    At least my black panther still shreds, that's all I care about, 12% per run for me, a sp2 intercept does 5%