**KNOWN AW ISSUE**
Please be aware, there is a known issue with Saga badging when observing the AW map.
The team have found the source of the issue and will be updating with our next build.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
Options

WINTER OF WOE points not awarded

i beat absorbing man with hulk. so i should get 1 point for completion, 1 for gamma objective and 1 because of the compensation to skip the robot objective. so in total is 3. however i only recieve 2 points, i have sent a ticket to kabam but they say im not eligible for the free point. they cant discuss further as i dont have access to the email tied to my mcoc account... is there a reason why im not given the 3rd point?

Comments

• Options
    AshacekarAshacekar Posts: 1,855 ★★★★
    Awards and nominations will be done, just do your deed and wait.
  • Options
    Toproller89Toproller89 Posts: 631 ★★★

i beat absorbing man with hulk. so i should get 1 point for completion, 1 for gamma objective and 1 because of the compensation to skip the robot objective. so in total is 3. however i only recieve 2 points, i have sent a ticket to kabam but they say im not eligible for the free point. they cant discuss further as i dont have access to the email tied to my mcoc account... is there a reason why im not given the 3rd point?

Are you paragon or valiant? Because I think only valiant gets that point.
  • Options
    ReignkingTWReignkingTW Posts: 2,666 ★★★★★
    DrZola said:

Pikolu said:

The other point will be given out sometime between 1 and 7 weeks from now.

#putitninbanner/pinittothetop

Dr. Zola
    I don't know why people expect this right away, as if Kabam could just write and test that code overnight.
  • Options
    DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,739 ★★★★★
    edited February 17

DrZola said:

Pikolu said:

Dr. Zola
    I don't know why people expect this right away, as if Kabam could just write and test that code overnight.
    Agreed. But the forums would feel a lot less cluttered if things like this were just addressed clearly in a central location. Plus, those of us who frequent forums could just point someone to the “Hot Topics” page, where folks might eventually start turning before they ask repetitious questions. This question has popped up more than a few times.

Dr. Zola
  • Options

DrZola said:

Pikolu said:

Dr. Zola
    Because people have no patience. And they don't consider things like how easy it would be for Kabam to mess up giving an extra point out.

- If Kabam started giving it the extra 'free' points halfway through, there would be a very real risk of some people being missed; and other people getting two bonus points instead of one.
    - If Kabam wait, and award the extra point at the end of the Absman WoW fortnight, they can simply give an extra point to everyone with a positive score; which makes errors much less likely.
    This is the way.

Dr. Zola
  • Options
    DrZola said:

#putitinbanner/pinittothetop

Dr. Zola

The “Lost Keys” is in the Banner on top of Forums here.
    But that isn’t stopping people from making new posts about that one.

As for WoW - Absorbing Man points (as mentioned)…

• Options
    PikoluPikolu Posts: 7,006 Guardian
    DrZola said:

Pikolu said:

Dr. Zola
    This is forums. People don't read. As SummonerNR said above, people would still post it if there was a banner.

We also saw the same thing with the black screen bug where there were basically 10 threads on the front page and people would still make a new thread asking if people experienced it. Those people won't look around for an answer, instead they'll just ask the question to be given the answer at the most minimal effort for them.
  • Options
    edited February 17
    Pikolu said:

DrZola said:

Pikolu said:

Dr. Zola
    This is forums. People don't read. As SummonerNR said above, people would still post it if there was a banner.

We also saw the same thing with the black screen bug where there were basically 10 threads on the front page and people would still make a new thread asking if people experienced it. Those people won't look around for an answer, instead they'll just ask the question to be given the answer at the most minimal effort for them.
    Makes sense—good argument for maintaining current forums state of disarray.

Dr. Zola
  • Options
    Savage123456789Savage123456789 Posts: 680 ★★★
    Typing “Read banner” is faster than typing out the whole explanation everytime. Unless you have it saved and can copy and paste everytime 😁
  • Options
    MrSakuragiMrSakuragi Posts: 4,490 ★★★★★

Typing “Read banner” is faster than typing out the whole explanation everytime. Unless you have it saved and can copy and paste everytime 😁

What do we type for the people that have already dismissed the banner without reading it? lol
  • Options

The effort is basically the same as just taking a SC of Crashed response and posting that everytime.

• Options
    edited February 17

What do we type for the people that have already dismissed the banner without reading it? lol
    Maybe they can give Guardians the ability to merge threads?

I would seriously support letting @Pikolu or @DNA3000 have a limited forums clean-up authority.

Dr. Zola
  • Options
    EmomikeEmomike Posts: 219 ★★
    I beat it with hulk when it first came out and my points disappeared. They said it will be credited after abs challenge is over.
  • Options
    Savage123456789Savage123456789 Posts: 680 ★★★
    Pikolu said:

The effort is basically the same as just taking a SC of Crashed response and posting that everytime.

This shows the problem is not one sided though. Anyways people not reading stuff isn’t going to stop soon😅 It might be also a user error also, I for one have trouble searching for any topic in the forums. Once it goes beyond the 2nd page, I can’t easily search for it. Unless I just don’t know how to use the search function.
  • Options

Pikolu said:

This shows the problem is not one sided though. Anyways people not reading stuff isn’t going to stop soon😅 It might be also a user error also, I for one have trouble searching for any topic in the forums. Once it goes beyond the 2nd page, I can’t easily search for it. Unless I just don’t know how to use the search function.

Text to divide the pictures

More text

• Options
    MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,550 ★★★★★
    DrZola said:

Pikolu said:

DrZola said:

Pikolu said:

Dr. Zola

Dr. Zola
    A little fatalistic, though.

A banner is easy to make (I presume there's a straightforward mechanism for mods to use), and probably prevents at least some people needing to search further, or making their own threads without bothering to search about it.

If it prevents even a couple of pointless threads being made (and answered...), that's surely better than not going to the effort of posting a banner?
  • Options

DrZola said:

Pikolu said:

DrZola said:

Pikolu said:

Dr. Zola

Dr. Zola
    A little fatalistic, though.

A banner is easy to make (I presume there's a straightforward mechanism for mods to use), and probably prevents at least some people needing to search further, or making their own threads without bothering to search about it.

If it prevents even a couple of pointless threads being made (and answered...), that's surely better than not going to the effort of posting a banner?
    Would be nice, but the SQ keys are much more important than a WoW point. If you have a banner for everything, then they'll be pointless because people will just start closing them all.
  • Options
    I don‘t know but I also only received 2 points where is the compensation One?
  • Options
    MaratoxMaratox Posts: 1,549 ★★★★★

Did you just ignore this entire thread
  • Options
    Ayden_noah1Ayden_noah1 Posts: 1,393 ★★★★
    Maratox said:

Did you just ignore this entire thread
    LOL, reading is not part of playing the game or posting in the form. Who knew that reading is important.