Potential Delay to v44.1 Launch

We are currently working through some issues that may affect the release window of v44.1. This means that the update may not release on Monday as it usually does. We are working to resolve the issue holding us up as quickly as possible, but will keep you all updated, especially if the delay results in any changes to the content release schedule.
Options

Mastery update

Anyone remember when we were promised a mastery update like a couple years ago? I’m guessing this is just Another broken promise.

An update would be nice. @kabam

Comments

• Options
    Seems like some ppl started posting about Masteries 2.0 in the past month, so now everyone starting to make new posts about Masteries 2.0

I don’t recall this much separate posts about it the whole last year or 2 until recently.

(Maybe because of ACT-4 missing mastery issue ?)
  • Options
    JLordVileJJLordVileJ Posts: 1,481 ★★★

Seems like some ppl started posting about Masteries 2.0 in the past month, so now everyone starting to make new posts about Masteries 2.0

I don’t recall this much separate posts about it the whole last year or 2 until recently.

(Maybe because of ACT-4 missing mastery issue ?)

I noticed that too, thought I was bugging
  • Options
    Rav514Rav514 Posts: 55
    It seems like most people don't care, so they will ignore it.

Also since we are being respectful and there is no need to ban anyone this thread prolly doesn't warrant a response.

They only show up to bust skull, or put out or start fires.
  • Options
    PrentexPrentex Posts: 303
    While new masteries could be a refreshing thing, more importantly in my opinion are those heavily requested mastery setups to switch in between for different game modes like arenas, AQ, AW, BG, questing, etc... let it be some gold or something to switch from one setup to the other that would be nice
  • Options
    I just wanna be able to swap between a couple different loadouts without having to spend 10 minutes doing it. I don’t understand why that’s so hard. We could have two or three saved set ups and pay to swap between the two doesn’t cost kabam anything and it would probably actually make them more money.

I would love to know why this hasn’t happened yet
  • Options
    Exactly, this would cost almost nothing to implement and they would make a ton of money by people paying to switch their masters around more frequently. But they can’t even respond to this post much less do something that we actually want
  • Options
    The_0wenpusThe_0wenpus Posts: 133

Agreed… Mastery loadouts are already available in Battlegrounds, so they have the technology!

Why not implement it in general?

I think part of it is that Kabam does want changing masteries to have that unit cost. Whether they implement mastery loadouts with a unit cost per switch is a different matter, however.
  • Options
    The_0wenpusThe_0wenpus Posts: 133
    If, instead of a cost every time masteries are switched, Kabam decided to implement a one-time unit or money cost to purchase a mastery loadout slot, they might make more money for the moment, but less long-term.
  • Options
    _Pez__Pez_ Posts: 217 ★★★
    I'd just like them to implement what was going to be used for relics x free mastery switches in y days which recharge, to masteries. Provides a disincentive for doing it too often without a cost but doesn't punish occasional switcher for one off fights
  • Options
    Crys23Crys23 Posts: 749 ★★★★
    How about you make way to save a mastery loadout for arena? Like we have in BGs for each of our decks. How hard to implement would that be?
    Then make one for AQ (not a must). One for AW (mostly for defense). For any other game modes we can keep current system, we'll switch as needed.
  • Options
    G-Hun-GearG-Hun-Gear Posts: 1,447 ★★★★

The implementations we had for Mastery Loadouts or a Mastery update, or whatever we want to call it never came to fruition because we were never happy with how they turned out. There's goals for them not just for players, but also for in-game.

We haven't stopped working on improvements to Masteries and have something in the works I can't quite talk about yet. I have specifically told the team that we won't talk about it until the moment I have seen it and played it and know that it's coming out because I have seen the issues that kicking that can down the road has caused for our players. So... As soon as I KNOW that it's ready and coming your way, I will be the first to scream it from the rooftops!

One more thing, I want to clear something up. Nothing in a roadmap is ever a promise. If you want us to be able to continue to give you looks into the future, we need our players to understand that roadmaps can and will always change. That's the nature of Game Development.

Appreciate the response. Not happy with it, though… 😅
  • Options
    edited February 21
    @kabam miike

1. Ty for responding.

2. Mgj0630 stole my thunder but is it possible to have a pinned page where the community can check on the status of things we are interested in?

While people can be patient or get frustrated, i believe all of you at kabam can understand that telling us you working on ANYTHING and then not updating us can make the community feel like kabam is promising us things to shut us up, not to deliver.

A simple 4 part system like,

A. Drawing board
    B programming
    C. Testing
    D getting ready to implement

Would at least alleviate some frustrations.

• Options
    Longshot_33Longshot_33 Posts: 355 ★★★
    All comes down to units. They don’t want to lose the amount of units we spend on switching them so they figured just leave it.
  • Options
    Toproller89Toproller89 Posts: 487 ★★★

The implementations we had for Mastery Loadouts or a Mastery update, or whatever we want to call it never came to fruition because we were never happy with how they turned out. There's goals for them not just for players, but also for in-game.

We haven't stopped working on improvements to Masteries and have something in the works I can't quite talk about yet. I have specifically told the team that we won't talk about it until the moment I have seen it and played it and know that it's coming out because I have seen the issues that kicking that can down the road has caused for our players. So... As soon as I KNOW that it's ready and coming your way, I will be the first to scream it from the rooftops!

One more thing, I want to clear something up. Nothing in a roadmap is ever a promise. If you want us to be able to continue to give you looks into the future, we need our players to understand that roadmaps can and will always change. That's the nature of Game Development.

Thanks Miike,

BTW how are the missing mastery points from Act 4 going? Did the team have any luck in handing then out to summoners yet?
  • Options
    PrentexPrentex Posts: 303
    Thanks for the response, in my understanding the mastery loadouts (presets for different game modes) and updates (new masteries) are two different things?

While i understand the mastery update is tricky and when ideas don't work out going back to the drawing board seems natural, i believe the other part with the loadouts / presets should be relatively easy.

If the issue with switchable mastery setups is less units spending you could always say switching the mastery setup costs x amount of units. I just see it as a huge QOL improvement, although i don't often change masteries, mainly due the reason you have to reset a whole mastery tree just for moving one point.
  • Options

All comes down to units. They don’t want to lose the amount of units we spend on switching them so they figured just leave it.

I disagree, it the made a button to switch profiles and just kept the same unit cost, they would make money because people would change their masteries more often since its easier to do.

• Options
    Wicket329Wicket329 Posts: 3,049 ★★★★★
    Rav514 said:

I disagree, it the made a button to switch profiles and just kept the same unit cost, they would make money because people would change their masteries more often since its easier to do.

Yeah, honestly it’s not the unit cost that makes me hate the current mastery system so much, it’s the clunky way that we have to swap them.

There is nothing worse in this game than accidentally putting an extra point into a mastery and having to reset the entire tree as a result. I’ve probably lost hundreds of units over the years to silly mistakes like that.
  • Options
    KazoraxKazorax Posts: 24
    Current mastery system is very outdated. Needs a complete overhaul tbh
  • Options
    SacrificialSacrificial Posts: 60
    edited February 21

We haven't stopped working on improvements to Masteries and have something in the works I can't quite talk about yet.

That’s absolutely great, and I’m excited to see what you guys come up with, but what about the current missing mastery points bug from the story mode update? It has been an issue for over half a year, and after the initial acknowledgement a few months back, absolutely nothing else has been said. Is that ever gonna be fixed or what?