Options

WoW Part 1 expiration

Unfortunately I don’t have any screenshots as I didn’t realize this was wrong in the first place but before the content update today the WoW pt 1 objectives and quest were showing they were going to expire tomorrow and as a result I decided to wait until today to finish it. When I logged on today, the objectives had been replaced by pt 2 objectives but the quest still showed that it would expire tomorrow. Once I finished the fight though it disappeared. Since the objective was gone I did not receive any pts. Did this happen to anyone else?

Comments

• Options
    GamerGamer Posts: 10,298 ★★★★★
    No you where sitting one the quset and somehow the time gets a tiny extension where it shouldn’t part 1 ended today
  • Options
    Silhouette1742Silhouette1742 Posts: 12
    For me it showed that it was going to end tomorrow. I checked immediately when the content update dropped and it said 24 hrs
  • Options
    @Kabam Miike does it mean that in this situation (objective not available anymore, but player still fighting in the Abs man quest) completing that “old” objective will actually not grant point for it?
  • Options
    2 sides to the coin…

On one hand, yes, every monthly quest (and daily Cat, etc) are like that, where if you are currently inside an active quest path, you get an extra day in order to finish the rest of that path. (daily quests are not 24 hrs extra, but some shorter # of hrs, but still…)

So being able to finish off the Boss, but NOT being able to still have the Objective available to claim does seem like poor interaction.

However, on the other side, if a potential solution is that they extend the timer for the Objective as well (which would probably be a good idea, similar to how monthly special shard crystals have extra time to convert shards into crystals before the shards disappear). That might actually confuse many people into thinking they can first START their run in that quest on that 1-day extension time, which is NOT TRUE.
    You can’t *start* a new run on that extra day, you can only *finish* an existing run.
  • Options
    Th3Und3rd0gTh3Und3rd0g Posts: 18
    With 16 hours to go on the timer, the quest disappeared after backing out to restart the fight.

I have to work to pay for in game purchases. I plan my play time accordingly. If there was an issue with the timer, we should've been notified.

The fact that such important content just disappeared without notice puts me and other players at a disadvantage.
  • Options
    ahmynutsahmynuts Posts: 6,274 ★★★★★

With 16 hours to go on the timer, the quest disappeared after backing out to restart the fight.

I have to work to pay for in game purchases. I plan my play time accordingly. If there was an issue with the timer, we should've been notified.

The fact that such important content just disappeared without notice puts me and other players at a disadvantage.

What issue? There was no issue. It was in fact the reverse of an issue because they give you that extra time in the quest to prevent issues with kicking players out on content changes
  • Options
    Silhouette1742Silhouette1742 Posts: 12
    The extra day is great but in this case, it honestly doesn’t matter because I’m not getting the rewards anyways.
  • Options
    PT_99PT_99 Posts: 2,690 ★★★★★
    There is literally no reason to remove the fight-1 when adding fight 2,3,4,5.

Every few months in rotation new SQ comes with week-1,2,3,4 type of fights and guess what every fight stays around and does not expire.