**KNOWN AW ISSUE**
Please be aware, there is a known issue with Saga badging when observing the AW map.
The team have found the source of the issue and will be updating with our next build.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
Options

Was this nebula compensation for abs man?

2»

Comments

• Options
    GlassbackGlassback Posts: 442 ★★★
    edited February 21
    Got a pretty easy solo with this handsome fellow, probably his one and only use gawd bless ‘im

Enjoyed finally seeing the 200+ incinerates though!
  • Options
    Sachhyam257Sachhyam257 Posts: 1,071 ★★★★
    Why can't we have nice things?

The nebula fight is still annoying, what sets the two apart is the fact that the special objective champs required this time actually handled the fight well, unlike the bs robot one.

Plus, nebula on her base is not even close to being as difficult as abs. Here, once you bring the right champ to counter the node, you only have to deal with a beefy nebula. In the last one, you bring a counter for the node and still have to deal with a beefy abs man.
  • Options
    Emilia90Emilia90 Posts: 2,512 ★★★★★

ahmynuts said:

Wicket329 said:

The difference between the two is that Nebula, at her base kit, is not a difficult defender. Abs Man, at his base kit, is still a very tough defender.

As illustration:

1) The root node here is comparable to Brute Force, in that both stop you from being passive for long
    2) Galvanize is comparable to the unstoppable node because both force you to be very careful about your openings
    3) the autoblock and cold turkey nodes are comparable to the DOT immunity since both limit your ability to do damage and can result in a punishing interaction
    4) Even Punishment and the armor break on parry nodes are both designed to make you be very careful and deliberate about how and when you decide to stun the defender.

I skipped a couple because this is already getting too long, but you get the idea. It wasn’t necessarily the nodes that made Abs Man so much harder, it was that he is, at his base, an extremely potent defender. You could 100% swap the nodes between these two fights, and Abs Man would still be the harder of the two.

Speaking of the root node, I was 8 minutes into my Scorpion solo, and Nebula was at 5%, and I got rooted. I was clenched up (not even Ant-Man was getting in there) and pulled off some of the most insane ultra-instinct dexes in my entire time playing this game.
    He really said "clenched up" 💀
    Why are you in jail 😭
  • Options
    ahmynutsahmynuts Posts: 6,646 ★★★★★
    Emilia90 said:

ahmynuts said:

Wicket329 said:

The difference between the two is that Nebula, at her base kit, is not a difficult defender. Abs Man, at his base kit, is still a very tough defender.

As illustration:

1) The root node here is comparable to Brute Force, in that both stop you from being passive for long
    2) Galvanize is comparable to the unstoppable node because both force you to be very careful about your openings
    3) the autoblock and cold turkey nodes are comparable to the DOT immunity since both limit your ability to do damage and can result in a punishing interaction
    4) Even Punishment and the armor break on parry nodes are both designed to make you be very careful and deliberate about how and when you decide to stun the defender.

I skipped a couple because this is already getting too long, but you get the idea. It wasn’t necessarily the nodes that made Abs Man so much harder, it was that he is, at his base, an extremely potent defender. You could 100% swap the nodes between these two fights, and Abs Man would still be the harder of the two.

Speaking of the root node, I was 8 minutes into my Scorpion solo, and Nebula was at 5%, and I got rooted. I was clenched up (not even Ant-Man was getting in there) and pulled off some of the most insane ultra-instinct dexes in my entire time playing this game.
    Why are you in jail 😭
    A statement of mine got misinterpreted by kabam and I was thrown in jail
  • Options
    ChaosMax1012ChaosMax1012 Posts: 3,096 ★★★★★

Had the god and metal tag and she showed. She isn’t an objective champion but she murders
  • Options
    Sceptilemaniac2Sceptilemaniac2 Posts: 294 ★★★
    Polygon said:

People like OP are part of the reason why the next fight is gonna be stacked again and possibly even overtuned

I'd love to believe I had that kind of power lol.
    Was just giving my thoughts on the fight. You don't have to agree.
  • Options
    NightheartNightheart Posts: 1,402 ★★★★
    Please don't jinx it let the next fights be as enjoyable as this Nebula we don't need another absorbing Man lol 😆 Great job OP
  • Options
    Real_Madrid_76_2Real_Madrid_76_2 Posts: 3,432 ★★★★★
    I would rather prefer all my energy refills that I have used up to enter these quests and lose multiple times as compensation
  • Options
    ShiroiharaShiroihara Posts: 1,092 ★★★★
    Catmanndo said:

Try playing on my iPad and saying it’s too easy, they need to fix this game and ai already.

I'm on the same boat. I was hopeful after seeing the positive comments but I was quickly brought down to earth.
    Missing parries, dashes that are too fast / skip frames, Nebula coming out of the stun when the icon is still up, etc.
    There's definitely an added level of difficulty for some of us.
    I wish Kabam addressed performance issues or fixed the damn controls on the iPhone 15.
  • Options
    jdschwjdschw Posts: 247 ★★
    I don't think this fight was that easy.

I'm happy for all the people on this forum that got solos, but the reality is that 2 mistakes can still get you killed in this fight.

I was able to do it, but it cost me plenty of revives. (I'm not an amazing player, but I'm not terrible either.) My primary mistake was dashing back with improper timing during her unblockable phase, and having nebula dash in and catch me with a 5 hit combo - which she did pretty reliably whenever i gave her that opening.

I didn't keep track, but i think i spent 4 to 5 revives with 6r4 Angela, and then maybe 6 more revives with 6r4 Scorp (since he doesn't have an evade counter).

It was definitely more forgiving than abs man. But it was still plenty tough.
  • Options
    captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Posts: 5,641 ★★★★★
    @jdschw I'm on the same boat. I spend 4 revives on each of the two objectives I did, with Gambit and shang chi.
    The fight is easy to mess up, and is a perfect difficult but doable fight, unlike abs man.
  • Options
    Vegeta9001Vegeta9001 Posts: 1,518 ★★★★
    AbsMan was way way too overtuned especially with the objectives. Nebula, regardless of the disagrees that I'll get is a tad too easy, I could've done the objective with a 5* Shang chi or Heimdall. Maybe even lower. But certainly better to be a bit too easy than so undoable that only 25 or so players can do it with a solo with robots.
  • Options
    ItsClobberinTimeItsClobberinTime Posts: 4,105 ★★★★★
    Emilia90 said:

ahmynuts said:

Wicket329 said:

As illustration:

Why are you in jail 😭
    I crossed the line last weekend 💀