How was the BGs season for you this time around?

2»

Comments

• TendersquadTendersquad Member Posts: 198
    Siliyo said:

The problem for me this season in particular is the AI. AI intercepting you when it has no business doing so. Parries not registering sometimes. The AI not allowing you to intercept as reliably. It sucks.

This!
  • MasterAKUMAMasterAKUMA Member Posts: 26
    The milestone is so mid. The community would be deeply disappointed if Kabam didn't make any changes to both the rewards and the store for the following BG seasons.
    In addition, it feels like more players just give up this season and stop trying to get to the GC. So there are much more valiant and top paragon players with pretty darn good decks in either Diamond or Vb tier than before.
  • MusikmenMusikmen Member Posts: 76
    The AI has been particularly challenging for me this season (using iPhone 14 Pro) - it just seems like the defender has superspeed at times or manages to double-dex with frequency. Just not as fun as previous seasons
  • BigPoppaCBONEBigPoppaCBONE Member Posts: 2,385 ★★★★★
    Weirdness this season. I've run into a good number of players with Thronebreaker or Cavalier titles that had ALL the 7 stars but then made stupid, stupid matchups like they were trying to lose and people with 4 and 5 stars in their deck that noped out when they saw my weak Paragon deck. I might actually play enough to get to GC this time.
  • LioLennLioLenn Member Posts: 18
    Since the last 2 updates the game laggs to much. Also this is the first season i won't make it to GC. Even after 510k solo points atm with a decent roster everything goes wel. But then all of a sudden the game is laggy. You get hit in the face while performing a well done Parry.
    OR
    - you draft a sea of whales ( no prob for me )
    - you draft no counters at all.

For me this is the last Season. To much of a Time waste.
  • JLordVileJJLordVileJ Member Posts: 3,298 ★★★★
    As a tb I'm stuck in plat 1. What u in jail for @ItsClobberinTime
  • BeastDadBeastDad Member Posts: 1,796 ★★★★★
    BigBlueOx said:

BeastDad said:

The meta is not the problem, the game mode is repetitive and boring with poor rewards.

The metas more are less the core mechanics of the game mode. Bad nodes are completely tied into staleness
    It is the same monotonous chore no matter the meta. Give good rewards, get people playing.

It is that simple.
  • GrO_ot78GrO_ot78 Member Posts: 688 ★★★
    Still in D1…hoping for Vib3 tbh…this season is 💩…been up for promotion a few times, but then i get a Valiant account packed with 7R2+ or ascended R5s…why are Valiant players in D1 ?!? Why ?!?

But the worst this season is the AIs. I go for intercept, defender dex and straight into sp1...what are they doing? Don't tell me you haven't leveled up the AIs, Kabam, no one believes that anymore...
  • ItsClobberinTimeItsClobberinTime Member Posts: 5,378 ★★★★★

As a tb I'm stuck in plat 1. What u in jail for @ItsClobberinTime

I crossed the line last weekend lol.
  • phillgreenphillgreen Member Posts: 3,972 ★★★★★
    Sitting in D1 with no real desire to play other than objectives.
  • i13i13 Member Posts: 107
    Only really played it the last 3 weeks, it started off sluggish, but I won quite a lot last week.

This week has been a bit meh, I’m always facing people with much higher co’s involved. While he’s having a 15cp vs 25cp fight. I’m there having a 7cp vs 42cp fight…. Really out of balance.

Other than that, it is glitchy and I find a lot of random effects coming in. Dying all of sudden from degen although the character I’m facing doesn’t have that effect.

Then random champions suddenly having unblocking on there 1st special after using it for the 3rd time. I can prepare to dodge or block a special but when it’s randomly kicking in unblockable an it’s taking that 50% of the health you maintained it’s a pisser.

• Vance2_jrVance2_jr Member Posts: 735 ★★★
    Like some others have said above, this is the first time I’m not making it to GC…and I’m not even concerned about pushing for it. The sheer number of ascended and r2 and r3 7*s just outclass me. And I’m ok with it.
  • AcidBurn404AcidBurn404 Member Posts: 351 ★★
    First meta that i pushed halfway through diamond
  • SirGamesBondSirGamesBond Member Posts: 4,773 ★★★★★
    Pretty much the same.. with one difference
    I'm not pushing this final week.

Everything else was same 3 wins every 2 days. And stop. Sitting comfortably in M2 and I don't think I need to push any further with the sad state of BG store.
  • BigBlueOxBigBlueOx Member Posts: 2,057 ★★★★★
    BeastDad said:

BigBlueOx said:

BeastDad said:

The meta is not the problem, the game mode is repetitive and boring with poor rewards.

The metas more are less the core mechanics of the game mode. Bad nodes are completely tied into staleness
    It is the same monotonous chore no matter the meta. Give good rewards, get people playing.

It is that simple.
    See I enjoy the theorizing interactions, testing them and then trying to outmaneuver my opponent using knowledge. In simple metas it’s thoughtless and there’s truth to what you say but in complex metas the fights and drafts are just more fun.
  • ascendanceascendance Member Posts: 23
    edited February 25
    I started playing it a few days ago and got to Vibranium III today. What's up with all the 5-6M Valiant whale rosters in Victory Track? They're almost 2x my rating. I usually don't encounter them until Gamma or Arcane tier.
  • GrO_ot78GrO_ot78 Member Posts: 688 ★★★
    Life in D1, as a Paragon with 3 R5s that gets banned every time…

I lost both fights with 1000 - 2000 points. My R4/7R1s VS R5/7R2s+…3 or 4 of every 5 fights are like this. It has never been this bad before, do something about it. Don’t you want us to play at all ?!?
  • ThecurlerThecurler Member Posts: 876 ★★★★
    Ai rotten as ever. Even had a couple of heavy attacks parried today.

• Rayven5220Rayven5220 Member Posts: 2,090 ★★★★★
    GrO_ot78 said:

Life in D1, as a Paragon with 3 R5s that gets banned every time…

I lost both fights with 1000 - 2000 points. My R4/7R1s VS R5/7R2s+…3 or 4 of every 5 fights are like this. It has never been this bad before, do something about it. Don’t you want us to play at all ?!?

It's because alot of people haven't cared enough to get into GC, let alone do more than their 3 fights for tokens everyday.
    There's still alot of pretty stacked account in VT because of that.
  • Disthene_TDisthene_T Member Posts: 37
    Hating it.

I knew from the meta's node description that it was going to be dull. Skill champ's don't benefit enormously from the node and no particular defenders get worse from it.

One thing I didn't expect was the power sting to be so weak. At some point I let myself get stung and realized it wasn't that bad. There were actually some instances where activating the sting was getting better results than trying to get an intercept. It meant that some champs who i discounted as having tight rotations were more viable than expected.

The other thing I didn't expect was this wall of large Paragon and Valiant players sitting in Diamond. Despite being a high paragon myself (~19600 prestige), i'm encountering a very high percentage of similar or stronger opponents. The scary thing is that since this meta isn't particularly punishing or rewarding, many are just sending their top champ and there is no clever work around other than drafting a good counter.

I'm 100 matches into the season and just got into Vibranium 3. Last season I was in GC with the same number of matches.

Side note, there are only a few days left and Uru 2 and 3 are empty. Seems less people are pushing for GC.
  • OakenshieldOakenshield Member Posts: 2,096 ★★★★
    I finally decided to burn a couple of victory shields to get into GC last night. Won one fight this AM and I’m in Gamma 2. Not a good sign.
  • DrZolaDrZola Member Posts: 8,926 ★★★★★
    Crossed over into GC today. Played less than recent seasons and I am relieved to be able to put this mode down for awhile.

I would not resist it if the team took BGs down for a month and retooled it.

Dr. Zola