**KNOWN AW ISSUE**
Please be aware, there is a known issue with Saga badging when observing the AW map.
The team have found the source of the issue and will be updating with our next build.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
Options

Is act 6 hard or limiting ?

I see alot of people saying act 6 is the hardest act in the story and as someone who is completing it,i feel like its not hard but limiting as the nodes require a decent utility roster while others say even with counters its hard

Whats yall opinions?

Is act 6 hard or limiting ? 95 votes

Hard(even with counters)
28%
SnakeEyes69Hort4zuffyevilKINGwilsonUsagicassidylaserjohn26peixemacacodangarang122Tristan709ItsClobberinTimeReignkingTWBeastDadIoniqus_797AgenteMagnusMarvelfan30QwerasdDamageFactionQueenMcocMidimmartin5817 27 votes
Limiting(just needs a good roster)
71%
Kabam NumbersbenshbJinxesaxephillgreenFoxhero007WardenclockFrankWhiteSamdroxtaarRasiloverCupidBarrier ReefMaicoñ97Legendboy2411Grootman1294Rayven5220Playboy22567RockyshockySavageBreaker69ButtehrsWu_Bangerz23 68 votes

Comments

• Options
    13579rebel_13579rebel_ Posts: 2,534 ★★★★★
    edited February 26
    It needs good counters but it's not limiting there's plenty of champions to handle the different challenges
  • Options
    laserjohn26laserjohn26 Posts: 1,529 ★★★★★
    Hard(even with counters)
    Now or when it first came out? Now you can explore the whole thing with a 5* Hercules itemless (except for a few paths and fights such as where the defender has to be bleeding or things similar to that)
  • Options
    BuggyDClownBuggyDClown Posts: 2,233 ★★★★★
    It's easy like act 5 for completion and difficulty ramps up like 10-20% for exploration if you have some good champs.
    It's 2024, act 6 is no hard anymore like previous years
  • Options
    PT_99PT_99 Posts: 3,191 ★★★★★
    At this game timeline, I don't think there's any sense in exploring act-6 at all, hopefully a reward buff will push many summoners to 100% it.
    Because there's always a risk to 100% now for medicore rewards just for Kabam to immediately buff rewards but not for the players who have already finished it. 😃
  • Options
    Josh2507Josh2507 Posts: 656 ★★★★
    It was hard doing it years ago with r3 5* champs

Nowadays with cav players having access to 6* & 7* champs? Not so much
  • Options
    captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Posts: 5,647 ★★★★★
    Yes there are stupid nodes where one or two champs will cheese while the rest will suffer, There are many nodes which can be taken only by 4-5 champs, if you don't have them ranked you are doomed.
  • Options
    ReignkingTWReignkingTW Posts: 2,675 ★★★★★
    Hard(even with counters)
    Back in the day there were few counters to them (mysterio anyone)?

Reminds me of the recent content...
  • Options
    Rayven5220Rayven5220 Posts: 1,958 ★★★★★
    Definitely more limiting than it is hard.
    You need alot of more specific counters than anywhere else, it seems.

However, since you can apparently bring a roster of 4* if you want to now, it's even less limiting than it used to be.
  • Options
    PikoluPikolu Posts: 7,024 Guardian
    🟩 Easy
    Act 6 is a minor skill and roster check and is nothing like it was before. You didn't have to slog through that acid wash Mysterio. Also quake still could do most of act 6 herself.
  • Options
    Wicket329Wicket329 Posts: 3,197 ★★★★★
    Act 6 is a reading comprehension challenge more than anything else these days. If you read the nodes and understand the challenges, odds are pretty high you have the tools to handle it in your roster.

At release, a lot of those fights had only a small handful of counters. Today, between new champions and buffs since then, there aren’t really any prohibitively narrow fights.
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,459 ★★★★★
    Lordy lordy
  • Options
    ahmynutsahmynuts Posts: 6,648 ★★★★★
    Wicket329 said:

Act 6 is a reading comprehension challenge more than anything else these days. If you read the nodes and understand the challenges, odds are pretty high you have the tools to handle it in your roster.

At release, a lot of those fights had only a small handful of counters. Today, between new champions and buffs since then, there aren’t really any prohibitively narrow fights.

Read?
  • Options
    SirGamesBondSirGamesBond Posts: 4,486 ★★★★★
    You sneeze and its over
  • Options
    MasterAMasterA Posts: 532 ★★★
    Act 7 is better. Shorter and more fun overall. I despised act 6 but loved act 7 and 8
  • Options
    Real_Madrid_76_2Real_Madrid_76_2 Posts: 3,432 ★★★★★
    edited February 26
    It was nerfed multiple times such that even players with small rosters of few 5 stars can complete it at their own pace. It's nothing close to easy but not hard either
  • Options
    SamanunSamanun Posts: 668 ★★★
    Neither
  • Options
    GreekhitGreekhit Posts: 2,819 ★★★★★
    Current Act6 it’s neither hard nor limiting, since it’s been nerfed multiple times, rarity gates have been removed and players have higher rarities and higher ranks modern stronger champs at their disposal.
    Act6 pre nerfs was the hardest piece of content to explore.
    I remember doing months of preparation to gather units and specific champs (5*s back then), in order to be able to explore some quests, especially the 6.2.5 cosmic path that was the hardest path that ever existed in the game.
    Revisiting 6.2.6 Champion boss quest recently for the Super Punchout Carina Cahallenge (defeat 6.2.6 quest with only Kamala Khan in your team), using an r3 Kamala Khan and it was a breeze.
    I remember my initial 6.2.6 clear with an 5* r4 She Hulk and how this fight was completely different.
    The Champion had 5 indestructible charges and a 5* r4 health pool wasn’t that great to handle that huge block damage from his specials.
    I believe the nerfed Act6 is a great piece of content for newer players to develop their skills/game knowledge, similar to how Act5 used to be before years 🙂
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 19,010 Guardian
    Dr_doom1 said:

I see alot of people saying act 6 is the hardest act in the story and as someone who is completing it,i feel like its not hard but limiting as the nodes require a decent utility roster while others say even with counters its hard

Whats yall opinions?

Relative to new progressing players just coming out of Act 5? Personally, I think it is both. It places new skill challenges before the player that they have to learn, and it also has many fights that will challenge roster to some degree, that a newer player might not have the best options for.

This is a good thing. I don't think it is *too* hard or *too* limiting. But for players unused to learning specific skills in the game, and the pre-Act 6 game is limited on how much skill is required - and for players unused to studying fights and considering roster options carefully, and having to decide whether they are good enough to go with suboptimal choices or need time to grow roster before proceeding, both of these might be novel roadblocks to progressing further in the game.

But if you can't get past Act 6, you aren't going to be prepared for what's next, and for the whole future of the game. There are players who think Act 6 is actually harder than Act 7, and in some situations it is, because Act 7+ has more roster benefits to counterbalance node challenges than in Act 6. in other words, Act 6 is more about picking the right champs to avoid the worst effects, while Act 7 is as much about picking the right champs to gain the best benefits. So someone with a very deep roster can find Act 7 to be easier than Act 6 at times. This is more of a veteran perspective, because veterans have progressed slower in the game and have deeper rosters as a result (slower, because we are all limited by how quickly new progression tiers are released which happens on a time scale of years, whereas new players can theoretically progress much faster, because those higher progression tiers already exist).

But most progressing players won't have that deep roster. If they were to be given an even easier time passing through Act 6 than it is now, they would both lack the skills necessary to progress through Act 7, but also lack the roster necessary to make it an easier slog than Act 6. They would just run into another, possibly more frustrating roadblock.

Act 6 is harder than all prior content, and it is more limiting than all prior content. But it is also where it needs to be for players to have any chance to pass from the relatively simplistic Act 5 and earlier game to the modern Act 7 and beyond game.
  • Options
    Hort4Hort4 Posts: 502 ★★★
    Hard(even with counters)
    I agree it has to be taken into context of progression in the game. At the time I really hated dexing the champion. That was really only hard part for me back then.
  • Options
    Twist1298Twist1298 Posts: 90
    Hort4 said:

I agree it has to be taken into context of progression in the game. At the time I really hated dexing the champion. That was really only hard part for me back then.

Rintrah made the Champion fight a lot of fun and extremely quick, just like Wiccan against Ultron in Act 5.6
  • Options
    DUHveedDUHveed Posts: 353 ★★★
    Who cares. It was released years ago and has been nerfed approximately a billion times. I still haven’t even explored it because when it came out it was a slog
  • Options
    JinxesaxeJinxesaxe Posts: 411 ★★★
    DNA3000 said:

Dr_doom1 said:

Whats yall opinions?

Relative to new progressing players just coming out of Act 5? Personally, I think it is both...
    I think this is how I see this discussion. People saying that it is neither are sort of missing the point in my personal opinion.

I’ve got friends who are currently slogging through act 6, and it’s been really interesting to me helping them plan out paths with their rosters and then running alongside them so I know they’ll work.

It presents an interesting challenge and an opportunity to grow as a player. I’ve watched these people who struggled previously grow into pretty good players because of act 6.

As it is now, I think it’s in a great state. I won’t be going through and exploring it any time soon, because for me (someone who has 100% all other story content), those rewards are worth next to nothing. But for players who need to develop skills for later content? It’s perfect.

Jinx
  • Options
    Wu_Bangerz23Wu_Bangerz23 Posts: 890 ★★★
    edited February 27
    It's 2024 now so shouldn't be bad.....at the time of release though, IMO, it was BY FAR the hardest and most excruciating act of all 8.....it was long, tedious and unnecessarily hard for the time. I hated it so much that it's 2024 and I still haven't 100% it and probably never will as my account has passed the needs vs rewards vs is it worth my time.....the best word to describe act 6 is A SLOG