Potential Delay to v44.1 Launch

We are currently working through some issues that may affect the release window of v44.1. This means that the update may not release on Monday as it usually does. We are working to resolve the issue holding us up as quickly as possible, but will keep you all updated, especially if the delay results in any changes to the content release schedule.
Options

Karatemike's Avengers Carina's Challenge Guide

Comments

• Options
    captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Posts: 4,190 ★★★★★
    Thank you @Milan1405 . Your necropolis guides really helped me a lot and now this. I guess I might attempt it after the valiant store launch, since 6* sigs are more accessible.

Btw I see Hawkeye was yo mvp. Sadly my 7* hawkeye is unduped, will he still works? He loses a lot of damage what do you think?
  • Options
    Milan1405Milan1405 Posts: 952 ★★★★
    Polygon said:

Damn it sucks i just did this one last week too! Do you plan on making ones for the other revive intensive challenges?

I'm not sure to be honest mate. I was thinking about doing the baron zemo challenge next. I don't know if there is a detailed guide on the zemo challenge already? Mine is R5 and ascended so I'm ready to go but I do need to find a period when I'm free to do the challenge and then writing a guide can take quite a while. (This one took over 2 hours)

If you want to wait I'm sure I'll get a guide out at some point, but as to when, I have no idea.

As for Fintech's challenges, honestly, I don't really want to do them. They look like a lot less fun than Mike's and Lagacy's challenges and quite revive heavy on certain fights. Not to mention I may just wait until I pull a 7 star Jabari panther or 7 star Mojo as I don't really want to rank up my 6 star versions.
  • Options
    Kappa2gKappa2g Posts: 268 ★★★
    edited March 2
    So here’s the problem with this challenge
    You want the champs at a decent rank and also at least 2 of them at max sig (Thor, BW)

If there were ways to acquire specific rank up gems or sigs for the champs, the challenge would be a lot more palatable
  • Options

Thank you @Milan1405 . Your necropolis guides really helped me a lot and now this. I guess I might attempt it after the valiant store launch, since 6* sigs are more accessible.

Btw I see Hawkeye was yo mvp. Sadly my 7* hawkeye is unduped, will he still works? He loses a lot of damage what do you think?

No problem mate, glad you find my guides helpful. Waiting until the valiant store updates is a good idea as thor and black widow pretty much demand sig 200.

Hawkeye can definitely do this challenge as an unduped 7 star. You do lose quite a lot of physical damage but, most importantly, he can still crit bleed on his SP3 with a perfect bonus, even unduped. So, he is definitely still viable since you want to use the SP3 rotation mainly. Also, a lot of his fights are not nuke fights like Thor, so missing out on a bit of extra damage is nowhere near as important.

He should still be able to do doom (but antman can also do this fight if you feel more comfortable with him). Modok fight should be fine too (can also use black widow here) and the black panther fight should also be easy enough, iron man also works here if you want to use him btw. He will still handle ibom fine and thanos is pretty easy even with unduped hawkeye/ironman. The spidergwen fight is the toughest one but since your main goal is to just heavy counter her heavies and SP1 and build to a SP3, you should be fine here too.

TLDR: Unduped hawkeye might cause the fights to be a bit longer, but he is certainly still viable.
  • Options
    PolygonPolygon Posts: 3,843 ★★★★★
    Milan1405 said:

Polygon said:

Damn it sucks i just did this one last week too! Do you plan on making ones for the other revive intensive challenges?

I'm not sure to be honest mate. I was thinking about doing the baron zemo challenge next. I don't know if there is a detailed guide on the zemo challenge already? Mine is R5 and ascended so I'm ready to go but I do need to find a period when I'm free to do the challenge and then writing a guide can take quite a while. (This one took over 2 hours)

If you want to wait I'm sure I'll get a guide out at some point, but as to when, I have no idea.

As for Fintech's challenges, honestly, I don't really want to do them. They look like a lot less fun than Mike's and Lagacy's challenges and quite revive heavy on certain fights. Not to mention I may just wait until I pull a 7 star Jabari panther or 7 star Mojo as I don't really want to rank up my 6 star versions.
    Yeah I completely hear you, I think fin’s Mojo challenge was just really badly designed as some of the fights are just pure revive dumps , especially with the 6* Mojo. The tigra one at leasts rewards skill as bad of a challenge it is to those that are good with her (not me lol).

But yeah I’m not sure if the expectation was to r5 6* Mojo cause if it is that’s really low since hes a 7*. Wonder how expensive it is for him at r4 s200
  • Options
    KingSkeletorKingSkeletor Posts: 116
    Milan1405 said:

• Options
    BigBlueOxBigBlueOx Posts: 1,591 ★★★★★
    Crys23 said:

Milan1405 said:

Crys23 said:

I knew from day1 that this challenge was well thought out, and those champs were actuall proper counters. Not like those idiots who were bashing or even threatening Mike, before even giving it a try.
    Now I see more and more people are realizing this, and find themselves enjoying the challenge and using those champs.

Yes, overall the main problem with the challenge is that it requires high level champs and lots of investment for basically no rewards, but people need to remember that's Kabam's fault, not Mikes.

The only fight that was bulls*** was that dragonman who is an RNG BS fiesta. The fact that you can play perfectly and he can just turtle up and then SP3 you really annoying. If they put a node like 'Intercept to put a taunt on dragonman' or an 'aggressive' node, it would be MUCH more enjoyable. Like someone else said, you can get lucky and spend 1 revive or you can get really unlucky and spend 10. One team revive isn't the end of the world but I REALLY hate spending revives when I play perfectly.

I think the void fight would have actually been okay if I didn't get unlucky and get the worst AI imaginable as well. And the dropped inputs/lag really pissed me off as it cost me 2 unnecessary revives. I get that Kabam have acknowledge and are trying to fix it, but to nerf revive farming while these issues plague players is OUTRAGEOUS.
    I dissagree with the "requires high level champs" part. Gauntlet was released when R3s were top level, so it definitely is doable with 6R3s (I did).
    Also, at the same time the concept of ranking champs to do the content is not new. It's just not all rankups are gonna be as valuable as Herc, Scorp, Ghost or whatever op champ you use.
    Either way, the players that should attempt these challenges should have no issue getting the resources for rankups.
    I think R3s would be fine, provided you have high to max Sig on BW and Thor. I did R4 both because BW’s low damage would have annoyed me at R3. R4 made it lore tolerable. And I took Thor to R4 because my sig was only 80, looking at how his sig scales I bet an R3 at max Sig has comparable if not better damage, so the R4 was to offset that.
  • Options
    Fryday said:

Reading between @Milan1405 and @Verreaux

It seem like Antman main fight is Mojo, as it is seem possible to take Sassy with Hawkeye.

For anyone that got this done, can Mojo be taken by anyone else?

Hawkeye might do ok, but Antman is by far the best option as he’ll constantly heal from the staggers
  • Options
    AzdefAzdef Posts: 152
    How about using 5*'s..r5/ascended? Similar power levels to a 6*r3...
  • Options
    Azdef said:

I think if you need to use 5 stars for this challenge then it's not worth it for you. The rewards are very underwhelming so it doesn't really make sense to attempt this challenge with 5 stars who suffer from a mismatch in champion rating. (You'll take more damage on blocked hits, crit less etc)
  • Options
    CkblackCkblack Posts: 4
    Trying to think outside box…would BWDO, IMIW or Thor Rags count for challenge? Or does it have to be the OG’s?
  • Options
    ahmynutsahmynuts Posts: 6,111 ★★★★★
    Ckblack said:

Trying to think outside box…would BWDO, IMIW or Thor Rags count for challenge? Or does it have to be the OG’s?

Only the OG, or the challenge would make no sense
  • Options
    AzdefAzdef Posts: 152
    Milan1405 said:

Azdef said:

I think if you need to use 5 stars for this challenge then it's not worth it for you. The rewards are very underwhelming so it doesn't really make sense to attempt this challenge with 5 stars who suffer from a mismatch in champion rating. (You'll take more damage on blocked hits, crit less etc)
    Sorry, forgot the details. The 5* issue was only for Ant man. I have Thor and BW at r4 sig 200, 7* Iron man duped r2. I didn't want to rank up the 6* Ant man , so I thought maybe I could get away with a 5*. Also debating between a 6*r3 duped Hawkeye and 7*r1.
    Nice write up @Milan1405 . Appreciate the effort.
  • Options
    Dab_westDab_west Posts: 126
    For the dragonman fight, it is possible to get him down with 1 revive with antman, especially if he is r4 or higher. Ur able to build up some charges on him by dexing i think, that using a heavy which will apply powerstings to dragonman which arent affected by aoe
  • Options
    I_tell_no_tales_1I_tell_no_tales_1 Posts: 1,193 ★★★★
    ahmynuts said:

Ckblack said:

So why aren't people using hulk
  • Options
    I_tell_no_tales_1I_tell_no_tales_1 Posts: 1,193 ★★★★
    Azdef said:

Milan1405 said:

Azdef said:

Sorry, forgot the details. The 5* issue was only for Ant man. I have Thor and BW at r4 sig 200, 7* Iron man duped r2. I didn't want to rank up the 6* Ant man , so I thought maybe I could get away with a 5*. Also debating between a 6*r3 duped Hawkeye and 7*r1.
    I saw lagacy's run
    7* Hawkeye should work fine
  • Options
    willrun4adonutwillrun4adonut Posts: 3,224 ★★★★★

ahmynuts said:

Ckblack said:

He's not allowed for the challenge
  • Options
    BulmktBulmkt Posts: 1,559 ★★★★
    Excellent guide…but it still won’t be bothering doing this content
  • Options
    ahmynutsahmynuts Posts: 6,111 ★★★★★

ahmynuts said:

Ckblack said:

I cant bring myself to dignify this comment with an actual answer
  • Options
    captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Posts: 4,190 ★★★★★

ahmynuts said:

Ckblack said:

He isn't allowed.

Let's consider a case where he is allowed. Players with r2 and r3 hulk 7* will just go for 15 furies,then sp1 stun lock the opponent with 500k-600k health pools, every match will be over in like 50-60 hits and in less than 90 seconds. Is that what you call as a challenge?
  • Options
    Dab_west said:

For the dragonman fight, it is possible to get him down with 1 revive with antman, especially if he is r4 or higher. Ur able to build up some charges on him by dexing i think, that using a heavy which will apply powerstings to dragonman which arent affected by aoe

Yeah bro that's the strategy for antman that I copied from the streams I watched beforehand but. And it was going really nicely until dragonman decided to just not throw a special and dash in at me. He pushed me in the corner and I luckily evaded a couple of heavies in the corner only for him to use SP3 the MILLISECOND he got it.

Iron man surprised me here as he took off a decent chuck before dragonman refused to play ball again. When I went in with thor, dragonman threw his specials like he had 3 aggressive nodes on him lol. I think if he was being this nice when I went in with antman it would've been a solo but thor's damage against a mystic without armour breaks is absolute trash so I survived for ages but he dealt barely any damage.

Is there a good strat for Dragonman when doing the zemo challenge btw? Because MSD said he played really well and used 6 revives which scares me. Hopefully it's a bit less for me as my zemo is R5 and ascended.
  • Options
    Ckblack said:

Nope, but honestly I'd rather bring OG Thor and Ironman ahead of thor ragnarok and IMIW lol.
  • Options
    Azdef said:

Milan1405 said:

Azdef said:

That sounds like a solid team. I would use the 7 star hawkeye over the 6 star one (you want to go for the SP3 crit bleed in pretty much every hawkeye matchup anyway, for which he does not need to be duped.) I think the stat increases in attack and health, not to mention the increased challenger rating will more than offset any damage lost from the physical vulnerability in the awakened ability. Also, 7 star r1s have higher power combat rates than 6 star r3 so you will get to an SP3 much quicker which will help you a lot.

I also think you do have to rank up the 6 star antman as the 5 star one, besides having less health and damage than a 6 star R4, will also suffer from a disadvantage in challenger rating, causing you to take more damage on block, crit less etc which could make the dragonman mojo and sassy quite painful.
  • Options
    edited March 3
    Milan1405 said:

Dab_west said:

Yeah bro that's the strategy for antman that I copied from the streams I watched beforehand but. And it was going really nicely until dragonman decided to just not throw a special and dash in at me. He pushed me in the corner and I luckily evaded a couple of heavies in the corner only for him to use SP3 the MILLISECOND he got it.

Iron man surprised me here as he took off a decent chuck before dragonman refused to play ball again. When I went in with thor, dragonman threw his specials like he had 3 aggressive nodes on him lol. I think if he was being this nice when I went in with antman it would've been a solo but thor's damage against a mystic without armour breaks is absolute trash so I survived for ages but he dealt barely any damage.

Is there a good strat for Dragonman when doing the zemo challenge btw? Because MSD said he played really well and used 6 revives which scares me. Hopefully it's a bit less for me as my zemo is R5 and ascended.
    I saw KarateMike do this. If you build to a SP3 and parry to build furies you can do a big burst of damage but… you need the AI to cooperatively throw specials and you have to be very very comfortable with wall play to do it.

I was only able to really get to 3-4 furies, and found just sticking with my sp2/sp1 and hope for crits to be more effective. I wanna say he still cost like 4-6 revives. It’s definitely one of the more annoying fights on the Zemo run.

Vision, Terrax, Domino and Mojo also suck to be warned. Mojo wouldn’t be too bad if the staggering beauty mode was reliable as I had a run where it worked and I did great damage but I have 4 runs where it didn’t and I just melted. I actually found Mojo to be more BS than DragonMan.
  • Options
    Emilia90Emilia90 Posts: 1,920 ★★★★★
    Dragon Man is such bs with antman. I was playing perfectly and building my power stings and he decided to just hold his specials and immediately throw his sp3. I hate fights where you’re at the mercy of the crappy AI and you’re given no way to handle it properly. Thanks for the guide!
  • Options
    BigBlueOx said:

Milan1405 said:

Dab_west said:

I saw KarateMike do this. If you build to a SP3 and parry to build furies you can do a big burst of damage but… you need the AI to cooperatively throw specials and you have to be very very comfortable with wall play to do it.

I was only able to really get to 3-4 furies, and found just sticking with my sp2/sp1 and hope for crits to be more effective. I wanna say he still cost like 4-6 revives. It’s definitely one of the more annoying fights on the Zemo run.

Vision, Terrax, Domino and Mojo also suck to be warned. Mojo wouldn’t be too bad if the staggering beauty mode was reliable as I had a run where it worked and I did great damage but I have 4 runs where it didn’t and I just melted. I actually found Mojo to be more BS than DragonMan.
    Thanks a lot mate! I will defo do that for dragonman and probably watch Mike's stream again before doing the challenge.

For domino, MSD said the strat is to just throw SP1 and hope the bleed sticks and eventually do some decent damage. Hopefully I should be able to tank the unavoidable damage with a max boosted R5 ascended zemo.

I saw Nagase 2 shot that terrax so I'm not too worried about that, but I imagine Vision will just be another BS revive fest.

Thanks for warning me about Mojo. I will look in detail at other runs for this fight before going in. Hopefully someone else will write a detailed guide for the zemo run before I go in, otherwise I'll probably do another one after completing this challenge. But I really have no motivation to do it atm, for a measly 5k 7 star shards, which will probably translate to another 1/3 of a vtd dupe.
  • Options
    Emilia90 said:

Dragon Man is such bs with antman. I was playing perfectly and building my power stings and he decided to just hold his specials and immediately throw his sp3. I hate fights where you’re at the mercy of the crappy AI and you’re given no way to handle it properly. Thanks for the guide!

Glad my guide helped you out! Yeah it's a horribly designed fight. Kabam could have easily put a node to make the fight much fairer. E.g. intercept to place a taunt on dragonman, or simply an aggressive node. Instead of just praying for a cooperative AI, which is nonsense.
  • Options
    Emilia90Emilia90 Posts: 1,920 ★★★★★
    Milan1405 said:

Emilia90 said:

Glad my guide helped you out! Yeah it's a horribly designed fight. Kabam could have easily put a node to make the fight much fairer. E.g. intercept to place a taunt on dragonman, or simply an aggressive node. Instead of just praying for a cooperative AI, which is nonsense.
    Yeah 100%. There were fights here where I was like “wow, that’s super well designed” and it gave me an appreciation for the champ and the challenge more (Doom, Thing, Korg) and fights where I was like “wow, this is literally just an rng based fight” (Terrax, Vision, Dragon Man).

I tried the gauntlet 20x again and again just to try and solo Terrax but my stun lock always failed when he got below 10% and he’d immediately sp3. I just gave up and revived at that point. Vision is also just a fight where you have to pray for your stun to work or you’re screwed. Luckily I got him down first try but I hate that it’s an rng fight
  • Options
    CkblackCkblack Posts: 4
    Milan1405 said:

Ckblack said:

Nope, but honestly I'd rather bring OG Thor and Ironman ahead of thor ragnarok and IMIW lol.
    Gotcha, most of my OGs are 6* rk1, so was hoping to cheat a bit and use the other versions that i have rank 3’s & 4’s & 7* 😫😆
    Time to start rankin OG’s i guess 😤