**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Deep Dive: The Destroyer

EdisonLawEdisonLaw Posts: 1,971 ★★★★
https://youtu.be/LDyKpFrA2bs?si=Z1RfTtenemxrJbtv

Post your thoughts here
My first thought, he looks like a mystic Nimrod and I want him

Comments

• Options
    Darkraw346Darkraw346 Posts: 2,030 ★★★★
    A Mystic Nimrod, why is that?

He gains 50% reduction to all forms of dmg as long as the opponent have any 5 buffs active right? That's sick

His immunities r lacking
  • Options
    Also, any counters to bring against him?
  • Options
    OrtounOrtoun Posts: 571 ★★★
    Silk, titania, quicksilver, spidey2099 seem like the best, you want lots of non damaging debuffs and/or wither it looks like.
  • Options
    ThatGuyYouSaw235ThatGuyYouSaw235 Posts: 3,147 ★★★★★
    EdisonLaw said:

Also, any counters to bring against him?

it might possibly, quite possibly, doom time
  • Options
    Marcus_TBDMarcus_TBD Posts: 31
    Scorpion seems like a solid counter
  • Options
  • Options
    Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,185 ★★★★★
    BigBlueOx said:

Unstoppable and immune to slow… fun

Valkyrie?
  • Options
    altavistaaltavista Posts: 1,294 ★★★★

BigBlueOx said:

Unstoppable and immune to slow… fun

Valkyrie?
    “ When the Opponent gains a Buff while attacking the Destroyer’s Block, Destroy one of their newest Buffs and replace it with a Rubble Buff.”

Will have to see how Valkyrie interacts with that, but at the very least have to pay attention to combo count when attacking the block.

The spotlight mentions Grit as a way around this - so Chee’lth seems like an intended option
  • Options
    OrtounOrtoun Posts: 571 ★★★
    edited March 3
    They specifically counter Valk by destroying buffs gained when hitting into his block, so doable, but not as easily as you would hope
  • Options
    CyborgNinja135CyborgNinja135 Posts: 1,113 ★★★★
    altavista said:

EdisonLaw said:

So they are using the “destroy buff” mechanic to get around nullify immunity?

I feel like Kabam is getting a little too precious with their programming now. We’ve barely seen the maturation of Neutralize (and Neutralize immune), and now they are already introducing some non-nullify buff removal and rubble replacement mechanic. There will probably be some weird unforeseen interaction that will spring out of this.
    In a way, increased AA is a pseudo neutralize immunity. For example Vox has 300% buff AA so he is able to bypass it, and I believe there are no fights in the game where buff AAR goes above 300%. I imagine Longshot can also achieve a similar effect with his 300% base AA.

Photon is outright immune to neutralize with her sig and Overseer is immune to it as well with Spidey Supreme on the team. Would be nice to get more champs immune to it tho
  • Options
    mbracembrace Posts: 829 ★★★
    Luke Cage will wreck him, but I still want him.
  • Options
    CrcrcrcCrcrcrc Posts: 7,942 ★★★★★
    That instant rupture from the sig is gonna make him totally impossible to fight considering the rest of his kit.
  • Options
    13579rebel_13579rebel_ Posts: 2,417 ★★★★★
    Crcrcrc said:

That instant rupture from the sig is gonna make him totally impossible to fight considering the rest of his kit.

Scorp will work fine
  • Options
    @altavista he is bleed immune. Decelerate should still work, like Baron Zemo or Sandman
  • Options
    NightheartNightheart Posts: 841 ★★★
    So he's immune to slow I can think of Cap Beardo I believe he removes unstoppable provided he has a kinetic charge
  • Options
    NightheartNightheart Posts: 841 ★★★
    Human torch of course will work for him being a mystic and all but if I know anything about kabam they might add a node to prevent him from getting nuked in EQ
  • Options
    Alright, we figured out counters, how strong do you think he is on attack?
  • Options
    PT_99PT_99 Posts: 2,379 ★★★★★
    Kinda like doom, get to sp3 then sp2 spam 😘
  • Options
    captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Posts: 4,041 ★★★★★
    What is the name of the node where you need 3 buffs to deal damage? This guy will be a hell on that node
  • Options
    captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Posts: 4,041 ★★★★★

So he's immune to slow I can think of Cap Beardo I believe he removes unstoppable provided he has a kinetic charge

He sadly removes only unstoppable buffs, and that too via Nullify
  • Options
    RuwqiersaRuwqiersa Posts: 694 ★★★
    altavista said:

EdisonLaw said:

So they are using the “destroy buff” mechanic to get around nullify immunity?

I feel like Kabam is getting a little too precious with their programming now. We’ve barely seen the maturation of Neutralize (and Neutralize immune), and now they are already introducing some non-nullify buff removal and rubble replacement mechanic. There will probably be some weird unforeseen interaction that will spring out of this.
    We already had non nullify buff removal. What do you think venompool sp1 does?
  • Options
    RuwqiersaRuwqiersa Posts: 694 ★★★
    Btw his unstoppable is not even that scary guys. Its like rhino unstoppable with a cooldown. Either just parry his mediums or heavy bait. Or you can still use decelerate, chielth or stryfe type of champions.
  • Options
    AcidBurn404AcidBurn404 Posts: 287 ★★
    Bro he is poison immune...Why? I need to use ibom!!!!!!!!!!!