**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Who's a modern champion that if you could, you'd COMPLETELY overhaul? I'll start

Darkraw346Darkraw346 Posts: 2,022 ★★★★
Super skrull.
Well, honestly, I don't know much about him, but he's one of these characters that you know their whole thing even at first glance...
And what's his thing?
That he have all of the Fantastic four's powers and he uses all of them together...
Now, as such, I'd expect his kit to offer elements of the Fantastic four's kits, with some twist, and then some cosmic utility to go with it.
Instead, his kit in my opinion dosent represent, neither "screams" in it "an alien who posseses all of the Fantastic four's powers" instead his kit is very generic cosmic champ ahhhh kit, which I find lacking

For example:
I appreciate that his blocking animation is The invisible woman's force field, and the falter in his kit is clearly her fair share in his kit, but... I find it lazy,
He have her powers, and in the game she have a whole different abillity for it called Invisibillity+she have the sick animation of being Invisible, which the team even used on Gwenmaster! So I think it'd be so sick if instead of putting a falter on Super skrull and calling it a day, they'd give him Invisibillity too, with some twists ofc
For example:
After a dex, Super skrull would gain an invisibility BUFF, and everytime he dex he puts either energy vul debuffs on the opponent, or power gain buffs which grant 1.5% of a bar of power per second and last forever, and these are lost upon lose of invisibility buff, also give him the no dex? No problem treatment

Now about the Thing... Well, what does he even have going on in his kit regarding Thing? U could argue that the armor ups are Thing's fair share to Super skrull's kit, which I wouldn't stand with, but either way it's so little to none contribution to Super skrull's kit... the Shock immunity might be it, but that's still little...
They could at least give him like 5K Physical resistance and say its due to Thing's powers, or have some Rock stacks buffs on parries...
So lacking

Human torch-
Well I mean, incenerate immunity and Nova fists buff are indeed a fair share to Super skrull's kit, feels like the only F4 member's power that are used properly in Super skrull's kit... so I won't say much here, but it'd be good if it was more accessible
Now, maybe you think how can Kabam mix 4 different kits into one champion,
So I'm just saying, I think they can make it work... I talked about using dex while invisible to put Energy vuls on the opponent right? So that's one example to how 2 aspects can work together, as these energy vuls from the Invs woman "side" of Super skrull's kit, would fuel and empower the Nova fists from Human torch's "side" of his kit.

Last but not least-Mr F
Literally nothing at all... literally.
Super skrull's kit reminds me much more of Hulkling than of any of the F4 members... and I don't get why he's like that...

Now it's nothing against the designer but just my thoughts

Comments

• Options
    UsagicassidyUsagicassidy Posts: 1,052 ★★★★
    I feel like Super Skrull is already well designed.

If I'm being honest, for my answer I'd say Dani Monster. But that's already a broken record.

Also Betsy Braddock. But that's also a skipping and popping record.
  • Options
    World EaterWorld Eater Posts: 3,573 ★★★★★
    Not modern, but Silver Surfer.
  • Options
    PriyabrataPriyabrata Posts: 736 ★★★

If I'm being honest, for my answer I'd say Dani Monster. But that's already a broken record.

I stopped reading after the first line, you opinion is completely invalidated and hence forth will not be taken seriously
  • Options

Not modern, but Silver Surfer.

I'd count him as modern
  • Options

I stopped reading after the first line, you opinion is completely invalidated and hence forth will not be taken seriously
    So u agree with me?
  • Options
    PriyabrataPriyabrata Posts: 736 ★★★
    edited March 6
    Could you clarify what you mean by 'modern'? And does VTD fit into that? Cause he could for sure use that overhaul
  • Options
    EdisonLawEdisonLaw Posts: 1,941 ★★★★
    Yeah I think anyone who’s been released since 2019 is a modern champ
  • Options

Could you clarify what you mean by 'modern'? And does VTD fit into that? Cause he could for sure use that overhaul

For me modern is a champ with a modern kit, I mean with various aspects, champs that aren't simple... for example Daredavil and Iron fist aren't modern
  • Options
    captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Posts: 3,946 ★★★★★
    Capiw
  • Options
    Why won't u guys give some insight as to what u would change tho
  • Options
    WinterFieldsWinterFields Posts: 681 ★★★★
    Purgatory needs it. Such a cool character concept with a lacking kit
  • Options

True
  • Options
    ahmynutsahmynuts Posts: 5,986 ★★★★★

For real. I love everything about purgatory except what her kit actually does lol.
  • Options
    PikoluPikolu Posts: 6,675 Guardian
    Rework sersi to be immune to nullify and buff duration modification. Also allow her furies to stack infinitely instead of just to 15 :) (most people will never hit and sustain 15 furies without synergies boosting their duration anyways)
  • Options
    Pikolu said:

Rework sersi to be immune to nullify and buff duration modification. Also allow her furies to stack infinitely instead of just to 15 :) (most people will never hit and sustain 15 furies without synergies boosting their duration anyways)

Actually removing the limit for her furies would make her great for long fights like WoW or necro
  • Options
    Pikolu said:

While they're at it they should grant Psycho man a new awakened ability called Son of Psycho, which grants Psycho man up to 12 Feats of Psycho charges that persist between fights, and a Psycho Immortality buff that triggers when he would die and pause when you attack
  • Options
    Capiw rework

Immune to nullify stagger fateseal and neutralize effects.
    Reduces damage taken from degen effects by 15% for each kinetic charge (75% at max).

Kinetic charges
    Max - 5, charges expire one at a time.

Each charges increases block prof, physical resistance and critical damage rating by x.
    When atleast one charge is active, considered kinetically charged and get the following effects.
    1- Capiw is not stopped by anyone. Bypass all unstoppable effects.
    2 - you can't lock cap in place! Immune to all root effects inflicted by opponent's abilities (not immune to node root effects).
    3 - has 50% chance to glance hits (100% chance to glance hit on block). Capiw can't glance hits if opponent has a precision or cleanse effect.
    whenever cap glances a hit, he inflicts a physical vulnerability debuff of x potency and y seconds. This does not stack.

Heavy attacks - Gain a fury passive increase damage by x for each kinetic charge for 5 seconds. While this fury is active, opponent critical resistance is reduced to zero.

Special 1 - inflicts a wither debuff of 125% potency for 10 seconds.

Special 2 - This attack is a guaranteed crit and cannot miss if cap has max kinetic charges. Inflict a stun for 3 seconds and a spectre debuff of 125% potency for 15 seconds.

Special 3 - This attack inflicts a unique debuff for each class represented in your team for 30 seconds. The effects does not stack.

Mutant - 25% Concussion debuff
    Skill - 25% Disorient debuff
    Science - 25% Weakness debuff
    Mystic - 25% Neutralize debuff
    Cosmic - 25% Armor break
    Tech - 25% suppression debuff

Sig ability

Leadership synergy stays the same.

• Options

Pikolu said:

While they're at it they should grant Psycho man a new awakened ability called Son of Psycho, which grants Psycho man up to 12 Feats of Psycho charges that persist between fights, and a Psycho Immortality buff that triggers when he would die and pause when you attack
    You forgot to add, when psycho immortality buff is active, opponent is heal blocked, power locked and fatesealed, and psycho gains a true strike and vigilance buff.
  • Options

Pikolu said:

You forgot to add, when psycho immortality buff is active, opponent is heal blocked, power locked and fatesealed, and psycho gains a true strike and vigilance buff.
    Silly me...
    What about the 1M attack rating fury?
  • Options

Capiw rework

Immune to nullify stagger fateseal and neutralize effects.
    Reduces damage taken from degen effects by 15% for each kinetic charge (75% at max).

Kinetic charges
    Max - 5, charges expire one at a time.

Each charges increases block prof, physical resistance and critical damage rating by x.
    When atleast one charge is active, considered kinetically charged and get the following effects.
    1- Capiw is not stopped by anyone. Bypass all unstoppable effects.
    2 - you can't lock cap in place! Immune to all root effects inflicted by opponent's abilities (not immune to node root effects).
    3 - has 50% chance to glance hits (100% chance to glance hit on block). Capiw can't glance hits if opponent has a precision or cleanse effect.
    whenever cap glances a hit, he inflicts a physical vulnerability debuff of x potency and y seconds. This does not stack.

Heavy attacks - Gain a fury passive increase damage by x for each kinetic charge for 5 seconds. While this fury is active, opponent critical resistance is reduced to zero.

Special 1 - inflicts a wither debuff of 125% potency for 10 seconds.

Special 2 - This attack is a guaranteed crit and cannot miss if cap has max kinetic charges. Inflict a stun for 3 seconds and a spectre debuff of 125% potency for 15 seconds.

Special 3 - This attack inflicts a unique debuff for each class represented in your team for 30 seconds. The effects does not stack.

Mutant - 25% Concussion debuff
    Skill - 25% Disorient debuff
    Science - 25% Weakness debuff
    Mystic - 25% Neutralize debuff
    Cosmic - 25% Armor break
    Tech - 25% suppression debuff

Sig ability

Leadership synergy stays the same.

He doesn’t really need one
  • Options
    peixemacacopeixemacaco Posts: 1,234 ★★★
    @Darkraw346 what do you think about Phoenix?

Everyone forget how powerfull she is and it's a shame she don't get the correct damage Phoenix can inflict.

Would be a great buff to Mcoc
  • Options
    ChobblyChobbly Posts: 846 ★★★★
    For new champions, there's not many as most recent champion releases have all brought something to the game. For me, possibly Captain Britain, maybe Misty Knight could do with it. Jubilee could do with a bit more in her kit but I don't think she needs an overhaul.

Now, if you are talking which buffed champions need a revisit, I can go on and on with that particular topic...
  • Options
    @WinterFields cap can take maestro in bgs? I never knew.
    Well I got him as 7* and Most of his utility is locked behind sig ability and not accessible in bgs, and since he is a iconic character, why not just buff him.

Yes he doesn't need one, but who cares,lol. I personally want him to be the best science champ.
  • Options

@Darkraw346 what do you think about Phoenix?

Everyone forget how powerfull she is and it's a shame she don't get the correct damage Phoenix can inflict.

Would be a great buff to Mcoc

We need jean gray (Mutant) in game.
  • Options
    Steam97Steam97 Posts: 110 ★★
    If we're talking pure offensive kit I have to say attuma, his rotation doesnt really make sense, you need to work hard to keep the concussions active having to throw both specials and heavies and the payoff isnt really worth it, not many utilities either