Potential Delay to v44.1 Launch

We are currently working through some issues that may affect the release window of v44.1. This means that the update may not release on Monday as it usually does. We are working to resolve the issue holding us up as quickly as possible, but will keep you all updated, especially if the delay results in any changes to the content release schedule.
Options

Can't punish AI after SP attack since the update

DarknessFallsDarknessFalls Posts: 131 ★★
edited March 9 in General Discussion
Has anyone else noticed that now it's more like 50-50 if you can punish AI after the defender throws an SP attack.

Since the update, now AI acts too quickly to punish you instead if you try to counter after an SP. Happened even back to back with me in a fight.

Also some cases now they are blocking the same as well too quickly. Now you can't even be sure this style of play will work against AI.

This AI issue is getting out of hand. Can kabam even fix this ?

Comments

• Options
    JT_SupremeJT_Supreme Posts: 849 ★★★★
    It depends on the special thrown. Mags, blade, green goblin etc I can never punish I always get light intercepted.
  • Options
    JAYIRIJAYIRI Posts: 123
    For champs who the final hit of the special attack is an object thrown(not a beam). When the the final hit is a thrown projectile u have to dodge it first B4 dashing at them so it gives them time enough time to recover because they have already started recovering immediately it was thrown at you, special atks like valk Sp2, (like the other guy said) mags, goblin, blade etc have these type of specials.
    But yes the AI now recovers too quickly I noticed too because I use cheeith and she needs to punish specials and heavies and the opponent recovers TOO quickly especially the newer champs they have almost no recovery time.
    Also it's almost impossible to punish champs with one hit heavy attacks like hulk or even juggs because they recover immensely fast now for some reason.
  • Options
    JAYIRI said:

For champs who the final hit of the special attack is an object thrown(not a beam). When the the final hit is a thrown projectile u have to dodge it first B4 dashing at them so it gives them time enough time to recover because they have already started recovering immediately it was thrown at you, special atks like valk Sp2, (like the other guy said) mags, goblin, blade etc have these type of specials.
    But yes the AI now recovers too quickly I noticed too because I use cheeith and she needs to punish specials and heavies and the opponent recovers TOO quickly especially the newer champs they have almost no recovery time.
    Also it's almost impossible to punish champs with one hit heavy attacks like hulk or even juggs because they recover immensely fast now for some reason.

I am aware of such things, just right now champs i could counter before after SP attacks, suddenly not the case anymore
  • Options
    Mr Wilson FiskMr Wilson Fisk Posts: 166
    I'm getting combod directly after finishing my special.
  • Options
    PikoluPikolu Posts: 6,705 Guardian
    I'm having no issues punishing the normal punishable specials myself. Could be a device issue, but I kinda doubt it would be one honestly.
  • Options
    Yodabolt21Yodabolt21 Posts: 2,535 ★★★★★
    I cannot punish Shuri sp1. 100% of the time I get intercepted. I have not had issues with Sauron or Maestro myself
  • Options
    edited March 9
    The worst part is the AI flickering, it's like it flickers for what action it will take. Further, I donno if it's just me but AI had kinda started implementing strategies that we use.

Irritating is action cancel and counter, even dexing and counter. Taking the fun out of the game.
  • Options
    JLordVileJJLordVileJ Posts: 1,481 ★★★
    I somehow couldn't punish mangogs sp1 even though I was so close I almost touched him. He dashed back last moment. This was story btw
  • Options
    Skydad23Skydad23 Posts: 541 ★★★
    They should make raids really fun I’m sure there’s no coincidence
  • Options
    Skydad23Skydad23 Posts: 541 ★★★

The worst part is the AI flickering, it's like it flickers for what action it will take. Further, I donno if it's just me but AI had kinda started implementing strategies that we use.

Irritating is action cancel and counter, even dexing and counter. Taking the fun out of the game.

The out of control stuttering

• Options
    PikoluPikolu Posts: 6,705 Guardian
    PT_99 said:

AI now cancels it's special animations to light intercept when you dash in after dexing the special.
    It's gotten to the point now that I've given up on punishing AI and play super passive in wars and BG, I'll take few extra seconds than to 50-50 risk it.

Few examples where there's 50-50 chance of AI intercepting after special use.
    Shuri, sauron, goblins, Maestro sp-1 (if you dex all beams), Doom sp-2 (rare) storm.

Any hero with last hit as beams have high chance to light intercept.

The recovery is tuned up by Kabam, even some heavy animations are getting cancelled consistently.
    If Kabam didn't tuned up then AI simply have upgraded itself.

Could everyone struggling with this please share what device you're on. I tested on my Samsung S23+ and had no issues with punishing Shuri, Sauron, or Maestro.

Also if someone can provide a video (just upload to YT and post the link here) then that would help the process a bit in figuring out where the bug is happening.
  • Options
    EmomikeEmomike Posts: 209 ★★
    The recovery is insane even with the perfect dex and about mid screen they can still intercept something we could never do. But hey kabam dosen't change the AI.
  • Options
    DeremusDeremus Posts: 135 ★★
    The ai is moving way faster than we are capable of