**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Double track Paragon snub

So I understand valiant gets better offers, that's fine. What sucks is that the Paragon offer was downgraded. The platinum pool crystal is a thing of the past, I want my third rate booster pack back.

Comments

• Options
    AvnishAvnish Posts: 305 ★★
    Kabam already gave the option to be valiant. I don't get why some Paragon player come to the forum to raise the reward difference in valient and Paragon. Obviously there will be a big difference b/w rewards...

This used to be the same b/w Paragon and TB.
  • Options
    AvnishAvnish Posts: 305 ★★

Avnish said:

Kabam already gave the option to be valiant. I don't get why some Paragon player come to the forum to raise the reward difference in valient and Paragon. Obviously there will be a big difference b/w rewards...

I'm sorry, but "gave the option" is quite arrogant to say. Some are working on it. Others are further off, which is fair enough. You're acting like the only reason every Paragon isn't Valiant is by choice or laziness, and that's not accurate. Regardless, Paragons have been building as Paragons for some time now. To act like all of a sudden their Rewards should be worth less is disrespectful. If there's an addition, it shouldn't take away from the Players at the stage below.
    I can get that bro. But In current situation of the game Paragons are TB and valiants are Paragons. And then try to remember, were TB player was able to get what OP is asking?

I get that exploring necropolis is quite annoying these days.. because revive farming got nerfed. But it means kabam is doing wrong with Paragons.

Luckily I did revive farming before it got nerfed and became the valiant in January itself. And after BG store so many Paragons are trying to be valient.

I hope kabam will launch 8.4 soon. So that all Paragons will be the valiant.
  • Options
    Graves_3Graves_3 Posts: 1,324 ★★★★★

If you don't like Paragon rewards, become Valiant. It's really not that hard.

If you don't like people complaining about their own experience, don't click on the Thread. It's really not that hard.
    I thought your stance was that anyone could reply to any thread that they liked. That's been your stane for years. When did it change?
    That's still my stance. However, when people are going to tell others not to complain, then all they're doing is complaining about the complaining. Complaints within the proper context can be productive. The latter cannot. So it stands to reason, if it bothers some, they don't have to participate.
    Avnish said:

Avnish said:

I'm sorry, but "gave the option" is quite arrogant to say. Some are working on it. Others are further off, which is fair enough. You're acting like the only reason every Paragon isn't Valiant is by choice or laziness, and that's not accurate. Regardless, Paragons have been building as Paragons for some time now. To act like all of a sudden their Rewards should be worth less is disrespectful. If there's an addition, it shouldn't take away from the Players at the stage below.
    I can get that bro. But In current situation of the game Paragons are TB and valiants are Paragons. And then try to remember, were TB player was able to get what OP is asking?

I get that exploring necropolis is quite annoying these days.. because revive farming got nerfed. But it means kabam is doing wrong with Paragons.

Luckily I did revive farming before it got nerfed and became the valiant in January itself. And after BG store so many Paragons are trying to be valient.

I hope kabam will launch 8.4 soon. So that all Paragons will be the valiant.
    I get the shift in paradigm. That I have no issue with. My issue is more the large shift in Resources that Paragons have been working on. For example, I bought the Pass. The large payout days give T5CC Frags for me, and T6CC Frags for Valiant. At no point did I downgrade to the larger need for T5CCs. They're in plenty availability. It's small things like that which don't make sense to me. I'm still working on the same things I was.
    I don’t necessarily agree with what’s happening but it’s exactly the same thing that happened when paragon was released. One July 4th there were offers giving a choice between bolstering your 5 star roster and six star roster—-> paragon released——> all thronebreakers get only 5 star related stuff during cyberweek.

It’s been the game teams MO. Once a higher title is released, the previous highest title only gets second rated rewards. At least with valiant, it took them 4months to get there. With Paragon, it was almost instantaneous.
  • Options
    Savage123456789Savage123456789 Posts: 651 ★★★
    Seems like recently the cope out for any criticism is "you don't have to do it if you don't like it" or "get valiant", lol
  • Options
    Savage123456789Savage123456789 Posts: 651 ★★★

o_o said:

Just want to reiterate how much I’ve been enjoying this GW character arc

GW:
    Feels more like him :D

• Options
    ahmynutsahmynuts Posts: 6,060 ★★★★★

o_o said:

Just want to reiterate how much I’ve been enjoying this GW character arc

GW:
    Feels more like him :D

He would unironically be better for the live action
  • Options
    Vegeta9001Vegeta9001 Posts: 1,348 ★★★★
    Third rate booster pack is ass anyway, gives you 6* piece. Why would a valiant even need that?
  • Options
    Standardman1989Standardman1989 Posts: 539 ★★★
    I can't take the platinum pass while I have the funds..
  • Options
    Suros_moonSuros_moon Posts: 455 ★★★
    Wicket329 said:

It makes sense for Valiant to get more/better stuff than Paragon, and nobody’s saying otherwise. The issue is that the Paragon stuff feels downgraded from the last time this event came around. The Third Rate Booster Pack specifically used to be available to Paragons and has now been moved to Valiant, but there’s no reason why Paragons would have deserved something in the past but not anymore. I normally don’t agree with complaints about lower progression levels getting worse rewards/offers, but this is rough.

Valiants being raised up is totally fine and should be done, but Paragons shouldn’t be lowered down from where they previously were. If Kabam wants to differentiate between the two, it should be Third Rate Booster Packs for both, and then something additional for Valiant.

This point is so simple it defies logic to miss. If you got to this point in the thread and haven’t read Wickets comment please stop and do so.

Im gonna go ahead and try offer up the only possible counter argument I could think of (and even then its a really bad one). If it is the case that the large proportion of “Mature” paragons have moved to valiant already and only “Baby” paragons are left it may make sense to have downgraded the rewards as they were tuned more for the “Mature” group. This fails on two points though:

1) We can pretty comfortably say that the vast majority of paragons who were paragon right before necro are still paragons now today. Id be willing to bet money on the range of 85%.

2) Why on earth would a progression guarantee you less the longer its existed (in terms of the rarity of materials you can aquire). Does that mean eventually paragons are only getting T4CC once the newer titles come out? Then T4B? Absurdity. The trend has always been that rare materials become more available down the whole spectrum as more titles get introduced. You need to be at the highest tier to get the newest material but at no point has it ever been precedent to cut off access to previously attainable resources
  • Options
    FreakydFreakyd Posts: 204
    I think, for a tenner, I would be better off getting the monthly unit card and the Sunday paragon daily. Not a guaranteed 6* but bit of fun and a decent amount of units. The last one looked enticing but this is just meh.
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,696 Guardian

Im gonna go ahead and try offer up the only possible counter argument I could think of (and even then its a really bad one). If it is the case that the large proportion of “Mature” paragons have moved to valiant already and only “Baby” paragons are left it may make sense to have downgraded the rewards as they were tuned more for the “Mature” group. This fails on two points though:

1) We can pretty comfortably say that the vast majority of paragons who were paragon right before necro are still paragons now today. Id be willing to bet money on the range of 85%.

2) Why on earth would a progression guarantee you less the longer its existed (in terms of the rarity of materials you can aquire). Does that mean eventually paragons are only getting T4CC once the newer titles come out? Then T4B? Absurdity. The trend has always been that rare materials become more available down the whole spectrum as more titles get introduced. You need to be at the highest tier to get the newest material but at no point has it ever been precedent to cut off access to previously attainable resources

Actually, the logic behind this was explained long ago, going all the way back to when Uncollected difficulty supplanted Master difficulty.

Most progression tiers are bounded above and below by other tiers. There's a sense in which there is an average Conqueror or average Uncollected player. The range of players in those progression tiers can't really grow much, because they are bounded above - a strong enough player is likely to promote out of it.

However, the highest progression tier is different, because there is no tier above it. As a result, the rewards targeting the highest progression tier at any one time have two separate demands on them. They must target the average player in that tier, just like with any other tier. But unlike any other tier, there are also special demands due to the fact that a chunk of those players at the upper edge of that tier are the end game players that have different psychological reward incentive demands. Rewards targeting the highest progression tier have always been a little larger than you would expect if you just extrapolated the rewards from lower tiers for that reason. In effect, the highest progression tier gets a kind of pseudo "end game bonus."

This doesn't just affect rewards. It can also affect difficulty. When Master tier difficulty was supplanted by Uncollected, Master's content difficulty dropped dramatically. That was due to the fact that Master difficulty no longer needed to have that "end game bonus."

This special handling only lasts so long as a progression tier is the top tier. When Master was no longer top tier, its difficulty dropped. When Paragon was no longer the top tier, the rewards that specifically target it no longer have that need to carry that extra bonus. It seems that in this case, this affected the design of the double track rewards.
  • Options
    RasiloverRasilover Posts: 1,462 ★★★★
    Not giving paragon a class nexus is crazy work
  • Options
    PT_99PT_99 Posts: 2,399 ★★★★★
    Just be Valiant lol
  • Options
    MidnightfoxMidnightfox Posts: 1,097 ★★★
    It is ridiculous. Paragon up should have gotten third rate
  • Options
    Sachhyam257Sachhyam257 Posts: 977 ★★★★
    PT_99 said:

Just be Valiant lol

I did not expect such a comment from THE paragon (former).