**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Claim timers, yay or nay?

Josh2507Josh2507 Posts: 556 ★★★
edited March 14 in General Discussion
I don’t really understand why this exists. It’s a very low effort solo objective, meaning you basically do nothing to claim it. But then you’re limited to one claim per day.

Why isn’t this just a calendar? We had that system for years with past side quest keys.

I’m fine with limiting entries over time, but don’t make me jump through hoops and overcomplicate the whole thing.

Claim timers, yay or nay? 99 votes

Yay
11%
RaganatorCassyRockyshockyIKONcaptain_rogerseggestDoctor_Strange19Zephyre33AzenstarElwindSlayerOfGods 11 votes
Nay
88%
Madman_marvinTalha305RajabenshbMidnightfoxRagnarok13Foxhero007DOKTOROKTOPUSXXGhost_RiderXXSandeepSSachhyam257MigginslyGrootman1294OpandemonioblurblotsxlbstverliebtLuke9523Normax_XDart1981laserjohn26Ayden_noah1 88 votes

Comments

• Options
    Emilia90Emilia90 Posts: 1,819 ★★★★★
    Nay
    SQ design is already lazy and recycled, might as well make it less annoying for us to do at this point
  • Options
    captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Posts: 3,987 ★★★★★
    Yay
    Actually I like this cuz, since I get one everyday ,(opposed to 7 each week) and the solo quest/solo objectives rewards are insanely good, this helps me to do quest daily instead of stacking them up for one day at the end of the quest.(I'm a professional procrastinator)
  • Options
    ChaosMax1012ChaosMax1012 Posts: 3,086 ★★★★★
    Nay
    Please stop butchering the side quests. It used to be the best event i looked forward to, now it’s redundant to even add if you aren’t able to enjoy playing it. Less fights is good, but for subpar rewards we should be able to do more runs at a time.
  • Options
    JefechutaJefechuta Posts: 1,210 ★★★★
    Nay

This is no different than a Calendar except that it allows you to miss days without missing out on the entry keys.

Also, there is little difference between collecting 7 on Day 1 and doing them all that day or Collecting 7 on Day 7 and doing them that day.

Adding to the other player comments, also we already have enough "calendars" in the game, we have to login daily for almost everything, recently you guys added also the Track to the list, locking rewards to daily claim; we dont want more things locked to daily or weekly content, we have already AQ, AW, BGs, Objectives, the calendars themselves, 22h missions, the Aphotecary, the 24h and 4h Crystals.

Adding side quests to the list is just discouraging; we already have bad side quests design wise, if you add also that you lock them behind some timers, it just becomes even worse.

Side Quest used to be the funniest thing to do monthly, it has become the complete opposite of it
  • Options
    TyphoonTyphoon Posts: 1,751 ★★★★★
    Pikolu said:

Typhoon said:

This is no different than a Calendar except that it allows you to miss days without missing out on the entry keys.

Also, there is little difference between collecting 7 on Day 1 and doing them all that day or Collecting 7 on Day 7 and doing them that day.

But this isn't a calendar. It's a monthly side quest. Shouldn't we have more flexibility?

I agree with comments above. This is all constructive feedback, hoping the team considers it.
    He is saying that in the past, kabam would do a calendar with keys for the side quest. That'd also mean that if you don't log in, then you will literally miss a key. To counteract that, kabam made this style of event that essentially works the same as a calendar, but you can miss days and still be fine.
    For sure. But there is something to the 7 on day 1 v 7 on day 7 argument.
  • Options
    Normax_XNormax_X Posts: 540 ★★★
    Nay
    Josh2507 said:

I don’t really understand why this exists. It’s a very low effort solo objective, meaning you basically do nothing to claim it. But then you’re limited to one claim per day.

Why isn’t this just a calendar? We had that system for years with past side quest keys.

I’m fine with limiting entries over time, but don’t make me jump through hoops and overcomplicate the whole thing.

right like it just adds another unnecessary milestone event to the preexisting 2 milestone events and 11 quests that are all working for 1 singular side quest
  • Options
    Jack2634Jack2634 Posts: 743 ★★★
    Nay

as a hotheaded impatience mf who failed to save up to 5k myst cuz , i disapprove this
  • Options
    SirGamesBondSirGamesBond Posts: 4,221 ★★★★★

It would matter less if the store would not reset on day 7. Which gives, the players, 1-2 day to buy stuff before it reset. Just saying.
    Saw some people missed their first week store cuz they didn't know better.

Compared to last month;
    Where some people procrastinated as usual, were able to get their rewards by spamming daily entries on any day in the month.

Real thanks to richtheman, who breakdown the store for me. I was going to get 10 nc tokens and miss on other bundles, now I will be getting nc tokens on week 4.
  • Options
    Shamir51Shamir51 Posts: 849 ★★★★
    Normax_X said:

Josh2507 said:

right like it just adds another unnecessary milestone event to the preexisting 2 milestone events and 11 quests that are all working for 1 singular side quest
    There's only 7 quests for this month's side quest, not 11.
  • Options
    Suros_moonSuros_moon Posts: 454 ★★★

Out of curiosity, why can’t we have all the entries up front and self pace?
  • Options
    laserjohn26laserjohn26 Posts: 1,482 ★★★★
    Nay

That's not true at all Miike. I'm sure you were given advice as a kid to not wait until the last minute to do your homework. Things happen and you might have every intention and plans to do it on the last day, and life throws you a curveball.