**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Are you grinding the Arena for the Serpent?

EdisonLawEdisonLaw Posts: 1,949 ★★★★

Are you grinding the Arena for the Serpent? 171 votes

Yes
12%
winterthurCrys23RaganatorPIKESTAINShadowstrikeIsThisLosslaserjohn26Ewell65SSS69Heroesforhire18_GravityChrisRM93ShepSirGamesBondAgenteMagnuswillrun4adonutSammyDeJuanmiAnsh_ADab_westFlipBoy 22 votes
No
84%
GamerPantherusNZBigPoppaCBONESnakeEyes69Talha305RajazuffyBigTuna_2054GK_23phillgreenVegeta9001Mets17Foxhero007WardenclockCropDusterMasterduxcausticpseudosaneGaudyGMoneyNEXTON10or_Strong 145 votes
Maybe
2%
Ragnarok13Doom_and_GloompeixemacacoKingering_King 4 votes

Comments

• Options
    winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,796 ★★★★★
    Yes
    Yes, the 3-Star version.
  • Options
    peixemacacopeixemacaco Posts: 1,236 ★★★
    Maybe
    Just collecting Raffles and Waffles
  • Options
    Java_JunkieJava_Junkie Posts: 137
    No
    pulling the 3* and 4* ; the completionist in me gotta catch'em all (and solo arena objectives), the cynic knows duped champs at least lead to more ISO and shards quicker.
    grinding out past that is NOT worth my time.
  • Options
    Rayven5220Rayven5220 Posts: 1,404 ★★★★
    No
    Just the 3 and 4*, as I do with any champ I don't have as a 3 or 4*.

Even if I didn't already have serpent, I can't justify spending 3 days grinding for a champ.

Last time I grinded arena for a champ was for Odin, and that was the 5* I was grinding for, a few years ago.
  • Options
    SquirrelguySquirrelguy Posts: 2,638 ★★★★★
    Literally just pulled him from my first Paragon crystal. Tight.
  • Options
    ItsClobberinTimeItsClobberinTime Posts: 3,316 ★★★★★
    No
    Emilia90 said:

I’d legitimately rather do college work or something equally as annoying than grind arena in any capacity

^^
  • Options
    Yes

• Options
    edited March 15
    Yes
    Thoughts after testing him myself:

He is great against tech champs thanks to his sp2 which deals more damage based on armor, which is nice because champs like Nimrod or Shuri or even FantMan aren’t affected by armor break

Speaking of Fantman, he’s a great counter to him because he gains pierce at 8 charges, and when anyone has pierce, Fantman cannot glance.

He also counters Miss and Evade with that true focus buff, which is easily accessed on the sp1 or 2, and the best part is you can keep it the entire match like Heimdall’s true strike. This makes him one of the best Evade and Miss counters (as long as there’s no node like Buffet or Pfiler which affects buffs).

He’s also great against autoblock champs like Cap Sam Wilson and Peni because of unblockable specials.

What I would change

His playstyle is definitely similar to Hulkbuster and Masacre, where you want to throw specials into block. But sometimes the AI might be too aggressive at times and don’t want to block at all. So my solution to this is to add an Intimidate buff onto his heavy attack (which currently does nothing though it’s cool) like Gladiator. However with the amount of utility he has, this is probably not necessary, but just a thought

Overall he seems like a great champ (DLL designed him so it makes sense), and is definitely worthy (pun intended) of a rank up.

• Options
    ItsClobberinTimeItsClobberinTime Posts: 3,316 ★★★★★
    No
    EdisonLaw said:

He is great against tech champs thanks to his sp2 which deals more damage based on armor, which is nice because champs like Nimrod or Shuri or even FantMan aren’t affected by armor break

Speaking of Fantman, he’s a great counter to him because he gains pierce at 8 charges, and when anyone has pierce, Fantman cannot glance.

He also counters Miss and Evade with that true focus buff, which is easily accessed on the sp1 or 2, and the best part is you can keep it the entire match like Heimdall’s true strike. This makes him one of the best Evade and Miss counters (as long as there’s no node like Buffet or Pfiler which affects buffs).

He’s also great against autoblock champs like Cap Sam Wilson and Peni because of unblockable specials.

What I would change

His playstyle is definitely similar to Hulkbuster and Masacre, where you want to throw specials into block. But sometimes the AI might be too aggressive at times and don’t want to block at all. So my solution to this is to add an Intimidate buff onto his heavy attack (which currently does nothing though it’s cool) like Gladiator. However with the amount of utility he has, this is probably not necessary, but just a thought

Overall he seems like a great champ (DLL designed him so it makes sense), and is definitely worthy (pun intended) of a rank up.

Thanks for this I don't need to watch the deep dive now lol.

Anyways it isn't too hard to throw specials into block as long as you do it similar to Masacre or Valk so he should be fine as is. You just have to finish the combo and throw the special with a tiny delay so the defender can react to it and block, they will always block if you do it this way, 100% of the time no exceptions. If they didn't block and instead threw a combo or dashed back then you messed up the timing.
  • Options
    Yes
    @ItsClobberinTime Yeah that works most of the time, also you could pause after a combo and they would most likely block as well
  • Options
    doggydoggy Posts: 784 ★★★
    No
    EdisonLaw said:

I don't have time to spend for such a.......things.
  • Options
    NEXTONNEXTON Posts: 552 ★★★
    No
    EdisonLaw said:

What I would change

But bro also has time to write well thought out essays on the forums too lol. Damn.
  • Options
    Yes
    NEXTON said:

EdisonLaw said:

What I would change

But bro also has time to write well thought out essays on the forums too lol. Damn.
    Because if you cannot tell already I really like this champ design
  • Options
    willrun4adonutwillrun4adonut Posts: 3,178 ★★★★★
    Yes
    Oops, I thought we were talking about grinding for that 4* Septent 😜
  • Options
    PT_99PT_99 Posts: 2,335 ★★★★★
    No
    Gahhh 6* serpant 🤣
  • Options
    SammyDeSammyDe Posts: 902 ★★★
    Yes
    Already got me self a 4*! I will call that a win for me.

• Options
    Jack2634Jack2634 Posts: 743 ★★★
    No
    EdisonLaw said:

working my azz up for 3 days and spend 100 bucks for the f kin early access seems more reasonable than doing that depression game modes in like 40 hours in 3 days
  • Options
    winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,796 ★★★★★
    Yes

Yes, the 3-Star version.

Got the 4-Star too. 🥳

• Options
    phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 3,689 ★★★★★
    No
    Put up my 12m and stopped. Just like every other featured.
  • Options
    ShadowstrikeShadowstrike Posts: 3,089 ★★★★★
    Yes
    I needed the three and the four star for my collection. Once I got them, I stopped.
  • Options
    mbracembrace Posts: 829 ★★★
    No
    Is this guy supposed to be really good? I passed on purchasing the 6*. Nobody was screaming at the time that he was a game-breaker.
  • Options
    jcphillips7jcphillips7 Posts: 1,037 ★★★
    No
    mbrace said:

Is this guy supposed to be really good? I passed on purchasing the 6*. Nobody was screaming at the time that he was a game-breaker.

I’ve honestly been loving playing him. Guy has a lot going for him and is pretty fun. It was nice to get away from the monotonous usage of Herc when it came to picking a cosmic for my team, and I also use AbsMan and Titania a lot so that just boosts him even more.