**KNOWN AW ISSUE**
Please be aware, there is a known issue with Saga badging when observing the AW map.
The team have found the source of the issue and will be updating with our next build.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
Options

MCOC Community Finally Has to Admit the "Quake and Magik Situation"

01000100 Posts: 54
It's time, no other way to say it.

Quake and Magik need reworks.
Whatever it is, their kits and playstyles can be so much better!

Their playstyles are not fun, and are non-essential because they are being Star locked.
Or everyone can just forget and ignore them - your choice.

Comments

• Options
    edited March 14
    ahmynuts said:

Oh okay so this is just your thing. I wasted a comment on the other thread

You mean being reasonable? How am I wrong?
    You can literally look into my history.
  • Options
    PIKESTAINPIKESTAIN Posts: 183 ★★
    They can't even admit that the war tactic is messed up. They don't have to admit to anything.
  • Options
    Milan1405Milan1405 Posts: 952 ★★★★
    0100 said:

Their playstyles are not fun, and are non-essential because they are being Star locked.

Magik doesn't need a rework. I don't think she's anywhere near as powerful as the absolute broken champs like herc, kitty etc, so I don't see why Kabam don't just add her as a 6 star?
  • Options
    Vegeta9001Vegeta9001 Posts: 1,518 ★★★★
    0100 said:

You don't like their playstyles, don't use them. There is no reason to rework quake a character that won't ever be a 6/7* because her kit is basically her as a character. You can't rework her without making her so bang average or another stupid broken defender. Magik is fine, she is countered by a lot of new champs even some cosmics, and even more nodes.
  • Options
    Wicket329Wicket329 Posts: 3,197 ★★★★★

PIKESTAIN said:

They can't even admit that the war tactic is messed up. They don't have to admit to anything.

So the fact that they significantly changed the tactic before season doesn't do anything for you?
    Also the fact that this thread is directed towards the community, and his comment was towards Kabam
  • Options
    edited March 14

PIKESTAIN said:

So the fact that they significantly changed the tactic before season doesn't do anything for you?
    Nope. And I think "significantly" is a stretch. Adding four attackers wasn't really that helpful. The hit into block, sure that helped.

Mind sharing the tier you play?
    Nevermind, plat 3. I imagine the tactic which wasn't that hard to begin with in your tier is probably "significantly" better for the lower tier. In Masters, it's still pretty awful. So no, those changes don't do anything for me
  • Options
    PT_99PT_99 Posts: 3,191 ★★★★★
    Letting Kabam nerf heroes so they can be released as 6* 7* is not a solution.
  • Options
    ORHypeBuffedORHypeBuffed Posts: 25
    PT_99 said:

They're already nerfed, being 🌟 🔒
  • Options
    Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,249 ★★★★★
    0100 said:

LOL. Sure, Quake is for highly skilled players, but for those folks she's a demon. Magik is amazing as is.

• Options

0100 said:

LOL. Sure, Quake is for highly skilled players, but for those folks she's a demon. Magik is amazing as is.

Quake isn't a skill based hero, you literally swipe hold swipe hold. I've been able to quake since maybe the second week of having her. Practiced against variant kingpin when that was released way back when.
  • Options
    PT_99PT_99 Posts: 3,191 ★★★★★

PT_99 said:

They're already nerfed, being 🌟 🔒
    Star lock?
    Star lord, ahh haaa. Got it.
  • Options
    RebarkRebark Posts: 352 ★★★
    0100 said:

I can't understand the point of anyone who would rather them not be in the game than have them get a rework.

Not having a 6 or 7 star version for me is the same thing as the champion not being in the game. It is still possible to use the 5 star version in alliance war, but it is a matter of time before we have 7 star rank 4 and this becomes impossible.
  • Options
    Rebark said:

0100 said:

I can't understand the point of anyone who would rather them not be in the game than have them get a rework.

Not having a 6 or 7 star version for me is the same thing as the champion not being in the game. It is still possible to use the 5 star version in alliance war, but it is a matter of time before we have 7 star rank 4 and this becomes impossible.
    I can clear a 7* r3 miniboss in wars with a couple minutes left, a 7* r4 would be fine even more so boosted. I even do the knockdown protection usually ascended AbsMan without knocking him down, that's a closer call usually about 15-30 seconds left and boosted and if it gets close I knock him down a couple times.
  • Options
    VaniteliaVanitelia Posts: 373 ★★★
    Keep the current version/rarities and release new versions. Thor comes to mind. Same guy, different class/kit. Not a new concept by any means. I'm sure there is a small fan base who love the characters, but I have a feeling most are only wanting their kits. Put Magik in the mutant class and Quake in cosmic with new kits and call it a day.
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,459 ★★★★★
    PIKESTAIN said:

PIKESTAIN said:

Nope. And I think "significantly" is a stretch. Adding four attackers wasn't really that helpful. The hit into block, sure that helped.

Nevermind, plat 3. I imagine the tactic which wasn't that hard to begin with in your tier is probably "significantly" better for the lower tier. In Masters, it's still pretty awful. So no, those changes don't do anything for me
    I think the simple fact that they changed the global is them showing it was overtuned. There's still plenty wrong with it but they provided feedback and retuned the tactic. But again, I'm sure your definition of "admit" is different than everyone else's.
  • Options
    Vanitelia said:

Keep the current version/rarities and release new versions. Thor comes to mind. Same guy, different class/kit. Not a new concept by any means. I'm sure there is a small fan base who love the characters, but I have a feeling most are only wanting their kits. Put Magik in the mutant class and Quake in cosmic with new kits and call it a day.

Inhumans are supposed to be Science because the Kree experimented with human DNA and don't awaken until exposed to Terrigen.
  • Options
    DUHveedDUHveed Posts: 353 ★★★
    0100 said:

Vanitelia said:

Inhumans are supposed to be Science because the Kree experimented with human DNA and don't awaken until exposed to Terrigen.
    Fair argument and comic/canon accurate, but then why is Medusa the queen of the Inhumans cosmic?

• Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,459 ★★★★★
    DUHveed said:

0100 said:

Vanitelia said:

Fair argument and comic/canon accurate, but then why is Medusa the queen of the Inhumans cosmic?

They live on the moon. When they released, pretty sure it was more of a game balance thing vs true to comic origins.
  • Options
    xNigxNig Posts: 7,305 ★★★★★
    Sorry dude. Quake and Magik are, with a right amount of skill, 2 of the most OP champs that ever existed in the game.
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 19,010 Guardian
    Vanitelia said:

It takes almost the same effort to make all new champs. So while they could do that, it would not be a high priority to do it and the resources required are high enough that they would compete against the resources necessary to make completely new champs.

Rarely is the problem whether something can be done at all. The problem is whether there's something else that they want to do more. If you gave me the opportunity to add a champ to the game, and I could pick any champ I wanted, a rework of Quake or Magik would be several hundred places down on my list. If I was solely in charge of adding new champs to the game, Magik 2.0 would probably end up on the schedule some time in 2043.
  • Options
    Milan1405Milan1405 Posts: 952 ★★★★
    I don't see why they are grouped together though; X-magica would be a perfect time to introduce 6 star magik as she has the tag. Magik is good but she is nowhere near quake's level, and certainly not even in the vicinity of 'game breaking'.
  • Options
    DNA3000 said:

PIKESTAIN said:

I don't think you read the OP correctly.
    Fair point. Reading is tough.
  • Options

PIKESTAIN said:

PIKESTAIN said:

I think the simple fact that they changed the global is them showing it was overtuned. There's still plenty wrong with it but they provided feedback and retuned the tactic. But again, I'm sure your definition of "admit" is different than everyone else's.
    Maybe I should have stated “admitting it’s still an issue”. They provided feedback and a retune, and have gone quiet again when the base is still complaining about the difficulty and the narrowness of the pool. Either way, I misread the Initial post.

Give me a 7 star magik