**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

What if we get 3 champs instead of 2 each month?

JefechutaJefechuta Posts: 1,205 ★★★★
I know this is unrealistic for a few reasons; it would be more expensive for Kabam; list of characters would expand too much too soon; more characters to learn... etc.

BUT, recently I got into the comics again; spent like 2 days in a row just reading some of them, and dude, there are a lot of damn cool Marvel characters that are not in the game yet; literally some of the coolest characters of the comics are still missing.

I have some pros here:

1. You could get more profit selling one additional new champ bundle each month
2. It would be harder for players to collect all the champs so you will extend the lifespan of the 7* and give some more to the 6*
3. And most important, maybe I will get to play with my fav characters.

As I said, this is delusional but... cmon Mikey; think about it @Kabam Miike

Comments

• Options
    BuggyDClownBuggyDClown Posts: 2,073 ★★★★★
    Meanwhile I was thinking maybe they can do 1 champ per month so they can execute things properly and efficiently
  • Options
    laserjohn26laserjohn26 Posts: 1,482 ★★★★
    1 champ would be better but that won't happen. Waving bye to Half the monies on early access bundles and the whales spending on units for crystals is not in the business model
  • Options
    JLordVileJJLordVileJ Posts: 1,462 ★★★
    Quality with 3 a month would go down
  • Options
    The_0wenpusThe_0wenpus Posts: 131
    With deathless champs, we do get 3 champs a month.
  • Options
    GMAX77GMAX77 Posts: 505 ★★★
    Jefechuta said:

I know this is unrealistic for a few reasons; it would be more expensive for Kabam; list of characters would expand too much too soon; more characters to learn... etc.

BUT, recently I got into the comics again; spent like 2 days in a row just reading some of them, and dude, there are a lot of damn cool Marvel characters that are not in the game yet; literally some of the coolest characters of the comics are still missing.

I have some pros here:

2. It would be harder for players to collect all the champs so you will extend the lifespan of the 7* and give some more to the 6*

I actually had a thought similar to this a couple of years ago, but over time I realized that even if they released 4 or 5 champs a month, there would be no guarantee that we'd get one of the more "popular" characters (though that is very subjective in itself).

Consider that we still don't have:
    Mystique
    Lizard
    Jean Grey (classic not Phoenix)
    Beta Rey Bill
    Firestar
    Pip
    The Leader
    and of course many more.

Conversely there are champs which are not originally from Marvel, or are drastically different from their comic origins (such as Galan, Chee'ilth, Venom the Duck, and the Guillotine crew ). All of them have their place in MCOC and I'd argue some have become genuine fan favorites.

I think at this point the slow steady pace, and anticipation of those anticipated champs is actually quite good for the overall longevity of the game. I've been wanting Bullseye to be added to the contest for a very, very long time and now that he's finally here it give me something to chase.
  • Options
    Toyota_2015Toyota_2015 Posts: 469 ★★★
    That would cause us to get a lot of obscure characters that get added for no other reason than to fill the 3 champ quota. I would also imagine that increasing the number of champs we get each month would also present more opportunities for bugs, which is the last thing we need
  • Options
    Ragnarok13Ragnarok13 Posts: 48
    No thank you
  • Options
    KDoggg2017KDoggg2017 Posts: 1,210 ★★★★
    Yup. Delusional is correct. 👍
  • Options
    ahmynutsahmynuts Posts: 5,990 ★★★★★
    Bro is onto nothing
  • Options
    Damn guys, so harsh on me; yeah, I know its a damn bad idea, but I cant wait to see some characters in-game.

Some of the coolest versions of Hulk are not in game yet, same with other characters, symbiotes, Ghost Riders, even Spidermans (even if we already have a ton of 'em), we lack several villains or main characters of Marvel.

I understand perfectly the reason why this is not done; not only for the points everybody made but because how Kabam works with Marvel to see what characters they can bring to the game, they already explained how this works.

But hell, so much left to see and maybe I wont even live enough to see them, feels sad
  • Options
    Jack2634Jack2634 Posts: 743 ★★★
    ?
  • Options
    01000100 Posts: 54
    They already do this, just not as often as you would hope.
    They already rework released champs alongside the newer ones.

From what I recall from interviews, making a champ from scratch can take anywhere from 2-6 months, depending on several factors.

One factor is that every 2 weeks the project gets assigned to another team for them to have input with the project.
    (Which is more of a creative process than a rapid process since Kabam already has a working business-model on schedule).

Think about it.
    If you have several projects ongoing...the priority ones are done first while the others are backlogged.
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,687 Guardian
    Jefechuta said:

I have some pros here:

Setting (3) aside, there are problems with your other two reasons.

1. Adding more champs doesn't necessarily make the game more profitable. You have to pay for 50% more character development time, but you don't necessarily get 50% more champion revenue. People only have so much money to spend, and adding more things to buy doesn't cause everyone to buy more. Some people would spend more. Some people would just spread their spending out among more things. And some people might stop spending because they get overwhelmed with the pace of stuff to buy. There is a point of diminishing returns, and going from 24 new champs a year to 36 could easily cross that mark.

2. Having more champions does not extend the lifespan of a rarity. Not even a little bit. Consider that with each passing year we have more champions, but the lifespan of rarities is not getting increasingly longer. The game introduces new rarities when the ability for the previous top tier rarity to incentivize champion chase drops below a critical level. And that happens not when players have everything, but when they start thinking they have enough. You do not need them all, or even the majority of them, to start to get that feeling.
  • Options
    DNA3000 said:

Jefechuta said:

I have some pros here:

Setting (3) aside, there are problems with your other two reasons.

1. Adding more champs doesn't necessarily make the game more profitable. You have to pay for 50% more character development time, but you don't necessarily get 50% more champion revenue. People only have so much money to spend, and adding more things to buy doesn't cause everyone to buy more. Some people would spend more. Some people would just spread their spending out among more things. And some people might stop spending because they get overwhelmed with the pace of stuff to buy. There is a point of diminishing returns, and going from 24 new champs a year to 36 could easily cross that mark.

2. Having more champions does not extend the lifespan of a rarity. Not even a little bit. Consider that with each passing year we have more champions, but the lifespan of rarities is not getting increasingly longer. The game introduces new rarities when the ability for the previous top tier rarity to incentivize champion chase drops below a critical level. And that happens not when players have everything, but when they start thinking they have enough. You do not need them all, or even the majority of them, to start to get that feeling.
    Yeah I supposed that would be the case; but damn, after finishing Immortal Hulk, Axis and Hulk 2021 Issues, I really would love to see some of their characters in Marvel, some of them are just insane, KLUH, Titan, D'Spayre, Celestial Iron Man, Hobglobin, and many others, would be nice that we could choose which champions enter to the Summoners Choice list, so we could, maybe with some Bans that Kabam knows are not possible, but yeah; would be nice
  • Options
    RookiieRookiie Posts: 4,772 ★★★★★
    edited March 15
    I’d rather they release 1 new champion and buff 2 existing champions.
  • Options
    willrun4adonutwillrun4adonut Posts: 3,169 ★★★★★
    I can't even keep up with understanding 2 new champs a month, let alone three.
  • Options
    EdisonLawEdisonLaw Posts: 1,941 ★★★★
    I'd rather they release 2 new champions alongside either a reworked old champ, or a trophy champ. In November we technically had three new champions. Chee'ilth and Kushala as well as Maestro from necro
  • Options
    Toproller89Toproller89 Posts: 473 ★★★
    Let's not rock the apple cart my friend, this company struggles to keep their game running as it is without throwing more champs into the maelstrom that is MCOC.