**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Parried during combo

Since the last update I noticed that during my combo either into block or not into block I’m getting parried by the defender. Is anyone else getting this?

Comments

• Options
    Rayven5220Rayven5220 Posts: 1,404 ★★★★
    Maxus7 said:

Since the last update I noticed that during my combo either into block or not into block I’m getting parried by the defender. Is anyone else getting this?

Haven't been parried mid combo, yet, but I did get parried while doing a heavy attack earlier. 🥵
  • Options
    LilMaddogHTLilMaddogHT Posts: 1,166 ★★★★
    If your champ has a 1st double medium... you can almost guarantee to get parried on that 1st light after. It's extremely annoying for using tactic champs in AW where you do want to build up some of the passive prowess by hitting into block with a light attack.

Domino & Werewolf... looking at you! 😭😤
  • Options
    Maxus7Maxus7 Posts: 36

If your champ has a 1st double medium... you can almost guarantee to get parried on that 1st light after. It's extremely annoying for using tactic champs in AW where you do want to build up some of the passive prowess by hitting into block with a light attack.

Domino & Werewolf... looking at you! 😭😤

Yeah that happened with black cat. But I also got parried with Valk while hitting into block
  • Options
    DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,551 ★★★★★
    edited March 17
    This is an issue that remains unfixed—there was a brief time when the purported passive AI fix was undone and corrected it—but since then the double medium parry continues to be a problem.

It’s especially vexing in content that requires you to hit defender blocks. It also makes some high value attackers very vulnerable, namely Silk, Black Cat and Werewolf.

It has been pointed out ad nauseam for months. (Most recently here: https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/comment/2505370#Comment_2505370) However, the team hasn’t to my knowledge acknowledged it or suggested they are working on a fix.

My guess is that one of two things is in motion: (1) the team doesn’t really have a way to fix it without affecting something else or (2) because it only affects certain champs and certain modes adversely, it hasn’t risen high enough on the team’s work log to warrant a fix. I’d welcome some discussion from the team about what the prospects are for a remedy.

Dr. Zola