Potential Delay to v44.1 Launch

We are currently working through some issues that may affect the release window of v44.1. This means that the update may not release on Monday as it usually does. We are working to resolve the issue holding us up as quickly as possible, but will keep you all updated, especially if the delay results in any changes to the content release schedule.
Options

After Showcase, are you pushing for top tier war?

Comments

• Options
    ItsClobberinTimeItsClobberinTime Posts: 3,440 ★★★★★
    No..made me even less interested

Is it just me or was this worse than WoW Abs Man even? Lol 200 units in I'm done with both paths 💀

This was way harder than wow abs man. The photon boss alone took more revives than all the objectives from the 3 wow fights for me lol.
    Same here, I managed to kill Photon in 2-3 tries every time cause I have r5 ascended Zemo but that Red Skull and Sasquatch on the right were brutal. I finally got it done with Kate and Photon but those fights were disgusting.
  • Options
    JT_SupremeJT_Supreme Posts: 853 ★★★★

Is it just me or was this worse than WoW Abs Man even? Lol 200 units in I'm done with both paths 💀

This was way harder than wow abs man. The photon boss alone took more revives than all the objectives from the 3 wow fights for me lol.
    Same here, I managed to kill Photon in 2-3 tries every time cause I have r5 ascended Zemo but that Red Skull and Sasquatch on the right were brutal. I finally got it done with Kate and Photon but those fights were disgusting.
    2-3 times is really good, she kept throwing unblockable specials into my block and it seemed like she got 25 charges every 10 hits with kingpin it was so brutal. Oh and I died 3 times at the start of the fight from lag.
  • Options
    ItsClobberinTimeItsClobberinTime Posts: 3,440 ★★★★★
    Goddamn 103 no, 4 yes? Is this the biggest poll ratio in the history of mcoc forums? 🤣
  • Options
    LordSmasherLordSmasher Posts: 1,370 ★★★★★

Goddamn 103 no, 4 yes? Is this the biggest poll ratio in the history of mcoc forums? 🤣

The poll is missing the middle ground so a lot of people who would be like "no change at all" aren't voting.
  • Options
    Vegeta9001Vegeta9001 Posts: 1,348 ★★★★
    edited March 19
    I died once on the left, about to try the right. It isn't so bad but reminds me why I dropped out from doing high tier wars, especially looking at this season and potentially what they have going forward.

It's nice that you get the full "war experience" of them just holding a special for 2+ minutes too.
  • Options
    Potatoslice500Potatoslice500 Posts: 225 ★★
    I'm glad the rewards are terrible, otherwise I'd have to actually play through this
  • Options
    ChobblyChobbly Posts: 860 ★★★★
    For those who want to do this, all the best to them. Some people love content like this, or have rosters big enough so they have all the ideal counters, or preferably both.

It's a no from me - I'm saving up resources for the next WOW which is going to give me choices I can make rather than a 7* crystal which could end badly. I'm also unclear who the Showcase is aimed at - the announcement text doesn't seem to marry up with the actual Showcase itself.
  • Options
    captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Posts: 4,203 ★★★★★
    Never liked them in the first place
  • Options
    Chuck_FinleyChuck_Finley Posts: 810 ★★★★
    edited March 19

Please can we have something not tuned for the top 1%? Honestly, if they hadn't listened to the outrage on WoW and Raids, this would be such a bad start to the year for 99% of the game.

Close to 140 votes: 94% answering in the negative. And while caveats of boosting and R3 7 stars as defenders show this may not be representative…. It’s clear large swaths of the community doesn’t want to do this type of content over and over, day after day as they would be doing in a war setting.

And yet… this type of content is what Kabam keeps churning out for new content. Interesting.
  • Options
    PolygonPolygon Posts: 3,843 ★★★★★
    Ngl it’s kinda crazy when you realize that the exploration gives you the same amount of shards you can just buy from the Valiant BGs shop in a week.

I’m all for super duper challenging content like this but at least have the rewards reflect the difficulty and costs (including energy costs). Some titan shards would have been nice
  • Options
    laserjohn26laserjohn26 Posts: 1,500 ★★★★★

This is just an extremely poorly timed reminder of how just two tactics ago war was kind of fun. Not sure how we've went away from video games being fun which is the whole point.

Hey, congrats on your #1 spot in Serpent arena dude
    Polygon said:

Ngl it’s kinda crazy when you realize that the exploration gives you the same amount of shards you can just buy from the Valiant BGs shop in a week.

I’m all for super duper challenging content like this but at least have the rewards reflect the difficulty and costs (including energy costs). Some titan shards would have been nice

I think that's a huge issue with recent content is the very poor rewards. At the same time 8.4 will be out soon and those rewards will be insane for what will take most valiant players an afternoon and most likely itemless if they watch kt1 or seatin do the final boss first so they don't have to burn a few revives getting a feel for the fight. So it kind of equals out.
  • Options
    PolygonPolygon Posts: 3,843 ★★★★★

This is just an extremely poorly timed reminder of how just two tactics ago war was kind of fun. Not sure how we've went away from video games being fun which is the whole point.

Hey, congrats on your #1 spot in Serpent arena dude
    Polygon said:

I think that's a huge issue with recent content is the very poor rewards. At the same time 8.4 will be out soon and those rewards will be insane for what will take most valiant players an afternoon and most likely itemless if they watch kt1 or seatin do the final boss first so they don't have to burn a few revives getting a feel for the fight. So it kind of equals out.
    Yeah good point. I did the Mojo challenge recently which had the same amount of shards , and compared to that this is like doing RttL 1.1 so cant complain I guess
  • Options
    DeaconDeacon Posts: 4,076 ★★★★★
    Reading all of this ... I definitely see everyone's opinions. Very valid indeed. Especially those chiming in from the "masters of alliance war" of how inaccurate it is.

Enjoyed it personally still ... but I absolutely see why some feel the way that they do about this. Solid points all around.
  • Options
    BigBlueOxBigBlueOx Posts: 1,591 ★★★★★
    Dab_west said:

this isnt really the best representation because in tier 1 aw u would be boosting hard and have power back boosts and grey boosts like invuln boost or power start 1 boosts

100% this. It seems like if the intent was to make it feel like war there should have been some boosts crafted to mimic this made available.
  • Options
    Rayven5220Rayven5220 Posts: 1,535 ★★★★
    Definitely won't be pushing for top tier wars, and never would have regardless.

I don't want the stress of top tier wars.
    Never have, never will.

I play in a gold 2, tier 6 (I believe) ally and even then I get somewhat stressed because I don't want to die, and if I screw up at any point in a fight I start to panic and it's not good.

No way in hell would I be able to take the stress of a top tier war, they don't have enough boosts for me to do that! Haha
  • Options
    Wicket329Wicket329 Posts: 3,049 ★★★★★
    Kabam Jax said:

It might be worth pointing out, as @Deacon mentioned, it wasn't the intention of this content to entice Summoners who are more solo-focused to eagerly join up for high level war.

It was mostly the opposite: to repurpose and utilize existing content that only a small percentage of Summoners encounter and make it accessible for more people. From an internal design perspective: getting more bang for the buck from the game team's hard work!

Personally, me and my baby-Paragon brain read the nodes and got overwhelmed very quickly. So I understand the jaw-drop reaction as we realize what high-level war Alliances encounter on the regular... There's a reason y'all are Summoners, not Dummoners. (Because you're smart)

Honestly dig this idea. Being able to put out more content without overburdening the devs is great. Personally I like this content, but I was also doing high tier war in this meta so it’s not unfamiliar (except Photon. I thankfully never caught that assignment).

I think the community feedback would be better on it if there wasn’t a Deathless piece associated with it, as it would feel more optional. But I also think that for a first go at this kind of content, it needs that kind of exclusive reward juice to drive people into trying it.

Overall cool stuff, glad it’s in the game!
  • Options
    AcidBurn404AcidBurn404 Posts: 300 ★★
    edited March 19
    I don't get why people are complaning about 400k health defenders and a 900k health boss?
    This is supposed to be fun letting us lower tiered paragon players expericening high end war fights.
    The only thing that's stupid as [funky] is the 2 hour time limit.