Battlegrounds, giving away wins

i13i13 Member Posts: 105
So I use 45 energy today, to face 3 people I had no chance in beating and this was the set up

2 of the fights, I didn’t even bother trying…. Throwing me against harder targets in Platinum, ok get that, but giving these guys easy wins? Naaaa

This is me:

And the results I had to face:

Comments

• Nemesis_17Nemesis_17 Member Posts: 2,144 ★★★★★
    At platinum 2 the matchmaking system stops so you can match anyone who is also in plat 2 regardless of progression or roster differences. Your best bet is to hope that in a week or two most big rosters will move out of platinum and you’ll have at least some slightly easier matchups.
  • Rayven5220Rayven5220 Member Posts: 2,090 ★★★★★

At platinum 2 the matchmaking system stops so you can match anyone who is also in plat 2 regardless of progression or roster differences. Your best bet is to hope that in a week or two most big rosters will move out of platinum and you’ll have at least some slightly easier matchups.

Bro, there's only 13 days left in the season! Hahaha
    I guess they will have moved out when the season ends, though, to be fair. 🤪
  • FrydayFryday Member Posts: 955 ★★★★
    edited March 21
    Well I faced this account only a day before in VT

Not sure what is happening with BG this season, but if it meant to flow well should accounts like this be in GC by now fighting for C5 or something lol.

There aren't enough bans 🤣🤣🤣

Well gave it my best shot (but not a chance of course 🤣), what can I say apart from thanks for keep the game going I guess.

• PT_99PT_99 Member Posts: 4,024 ★★★★★
    edited March 21
    Congratulations, you have made it to Platinum, now you must face everyone in this COMPETITION.

But these Valiants are farming points, during the session where it's not even worth doing it, sus or maybe they just like stomping players
  • BringPopcornBringPopcorn Member Posts: 4,301 ★★★★★

You are playing the game backwards. You are setting yourself up to get crushed at Plat levels.
  • FrydayFryday Member Posts: 955 ★★★★
    Well based on Kabam schedule, we meant to get updated on milestones next season.

Would it mean that "farming" point will get even worth???.

Oh boy not looking to meet more of these "Free Willy" friends 🤣🤣🤣
  • Standardman1989Standardman1989 Member Posts: 544 ★★★
    I'm still in vibranium3, I can't go up so for me the night 7 is dead, a pity that the 10 are necessarily in the circuit and not elsewhere
  • FzKnucKLeFzKnucKLe Member Posts: 3
    I normally giveaway 3 free wins once the “play 3 matches” refreshes. I don’t like BG, but I’ll happily get the free tokens every couples.
  • SummonerNRSummonerNR Member, Guardian Posts: 12,247 Guardian
    @i13
    With your much lower account, trying to continue to advance thru Platinum will only set yourself up for further disappointment next season, as the “start a level below what you ended at” will thus start you out at a point that is already above where you should be.
    And will be very difficult to get any wins at all next season too.
    (*and frankly, it is NOT just a little below others, it is quite a big difference beneath plenty of other accounts up in Platinum).

As opposed to at least starting out below Platinum next season and able to get at least some wins and advancement rewards before hitting Platinum again.

So I’d recommend AGAINST continuing to try to get lucky with a rare match against an “also low” opponent, or getting a lucky “disconnect” match or a “giveaway” match against a typical higher rated player in Platinum at this point.

Know when you’ve hit your upper limit, and let the 1 level drop in ranking before next season allow you to at least do some BG's next season (and each season) before hitting Platinum each season.
  • G-Hun-GearG-Hun-Gear Member Posts: 1,447 ★★★★
    edited March 21

@i13
    With your much lower account, trying to continue to advance thru Platinum will only set yourself up for further disappointment next season, as the “start a level below what you ended at” will thus start you out at a point that is already above where you should be.
    (*and frankly, it is NOT just a little below others, it is quite a big difference beneath plenty of other accounts up in Platinum).

As opposed to at least starting out below Platinum next season and able to get at least some wins and advancement rewards before hitting Platinum again.

So I’d recommend AGAINST continuing to try to get lucky with a rare match against an “also low” opponent, or getting a lucky “disconnect” match or a “giveaway” match against a typical higher rated player in Platinum at this point.

Know when you’ve hit your upper limit, and let the 1 level drop in ranking before next season allow you to at least do some BG's next season (and each season) before hitting Platinum each season.

I have to disagree on the idea of not trying further… The higher you push now, the higher you start next season… Yes, this means you will reach your ceiling sooner, but you will get all VT milestone rewards along the way with just completing 5 matches (don’t have to win any).

I mean, nobody plays BG for the Solo rewards, right? So it doesn’t matter how many fights you win, as long as you get as many rewards from the victory track as possible…

@i13

I have to disagree on the idea of not trying further… The higher you push now, the higher you start next season… Yes, this means you will reach your ceiling sooner, but you will get all VT milestone rewards along the way with just completing 5 matches (don’t have to win any).

I mean, nobody plays BG for the Solo rewards, right? So it doesn’t matter how many fights you win, as long as you get as many rewards from the victory track as possible…
    The only thing that hurts is the fact it would be a huge pain to get 3 wins every 2 days after that.

I get what you're saying, but it's not just about the "5 win" rewards to start next season off.
  • G-Hun-GearG-Hun-Gear Member Posts: 1,447 ★★★★

@i13

The only thing that hurts is the fact it would be a huge pain to get 3 wins every 2 days after that.

I get what you're saying, but it's not just about the "5 win" rewards to start next season off.
    I don’t even bother to get 3 wins every 2 days… I just do 3 fights, regardless of how many I win. If you just win 1 of 3, that’s already 800 out of the 1200 tokens.
  • GrO_ot78GrO_ot78 Member Posts: 688 ★★★
    💩 Paragon in D2 atm, 5 x R5s and 3 ascended R4s…the rest is R4s or 7R1s. I have won 8 of the last 10. I have faced 7 valiants and 3 paragons, and for some reason they can’t deal with my R4 Bishop. My 7R1 Shocker has done well to. A few good champs, and if they dont have a good counter, you’ll win with decent play.

Keep it up 🫡

GrO_ot78 said:

💩 Paragon in D2 atm, 5 x R5s and 3 ascended R4s…the rest is R4s or 7R1s. I have won 8 of the last 10. I have faced 7 valiants and 3 paragons, and for some reason they can’t deal with my R4 Bishop. My 7R1 Shocker has done well to. A few good champs, and if they dont have a good counter, you’ll win with decent play.

Keep it up 🫡

You were playing against some of the people who picked the worse counter for bishop...
  • GrO_ot78GrO_ot78 Member Posts: 688 ★★★

GrO_ot78 said:

Keep it up 🫡

You were playing against some of the people who picked the worse counter for bishop...
    Yeah, but if you ban their iDoom and IM, they gonna get 🔥🔥🔥 🫡
    GrO_ot78 said:

GrO_ot78 said:

Keep it up 🫡

Yeah, but if you ban their iDoom and IM, they gonna get 🔥🔥🔥 🫡
    ... Regardless of what u Ban, they picked the WORSE Possible to try to kill it...its really not based on your bans.. its poor choice on them
  • captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Member Posts: 7,893 ★★★★★

GrO_ot78 said:

Keep it up 🫡

Not really, scorp and Hercules are great bishop counters, just make sure he didn't launch sp1.

Obviously human torch is worst, it's just a suicide, but hyp/rintrah may work.

GrO_ot78 said:

Keep it up 🫡

Not really, scorp and Hercules are great bishop counters, just make sure he didn't launch sp1.

Scorp: yeah if u wanna dance around forever to not get incinerated after he spams sp1s..
    Herc: same deal.. probably kept on infuriating Bishop and making him throw sp1s and burnt to death.
  • GreekhitGreekhit Member Posts: 2,820 ★★★★★

GrO_ot78 said:

Keep it up 🫡

Scorp: yeah if u wanna dance around forever to not get incinerated after he spams sp1s..
    Herc: same deal.. probably kept on infuriating Bishop and making him throw sp1s and burnt to death.
    Hercules is a great Bishop counter.
    As long as you push Bishop to sp2 and know how to dex it, the fight is a normal sp1/sp2 to KO.
    Apart from Torch, the others might not be optimal counters but depending on skills and AI of course 😂, they can be descent counters 🙂
    In BG's, not gonna lie, I've had my bishop smashed by herc in the past.

The rest however are terrible counters.

Scorpion is too slow, imo.

In BG's, not gonna lie, I've had my bishop smashed by herc in the past.

The rest however are terrible counters.

Scorpion is too slow, imo.

I had mine crushed too, but based on the pic. It didnt dex sp2 or used infuriate at the wrong time and burnt...
    Hyperion could actually be the best one along with Herc, and funny enough its the only 2 that managed the kill.. the rest are horrible counters.
  • i13i13 Member Posts: 105
    Was quite proud of myself for beating torch with Kraven the other day. A Bishop normally gets me.

I was Gold last season after playing the last 2 weeks, started out at bronze this season an getting to plat wasn't easy.

A win an 2 losses is something I can deal with if I’m still gaining points.

We’ve got both a single and joint task to get points for, and I may as well get as many as possible.
  • Disthene_TDisthene_T Member Posts: 36
    Thank you for performing your civil service.

By contributing deaths you have helped elevate others to greater heights. In doing so you have also help reduce the number of high level accounts in lower tiers, making future fights easier within Platinum.

I myself an a happy Paragon who has just reached Vibrainium 3 and offered 8 straight loses against enormous Valiant players who stomped me with minimal effort. It may hurt now but contributing my fair loses will eventually cleanse the victory track of Legends and +6 Million accounts and create an arena for my fellow Paragons with 4 Million rating accounts to compete with each other.

Please keep up the good work so that some Thronebreakers make it my way.

By contributing deaths you have helped elevate others to greater heights. In doing so you have also help reduce the number of high level accounts in lower tiers, making future fights easier within Platinum.

I myself an a happy Paragon who has just reached Vibrainium 3 and offered 8 straight loses against enormous Valiant players who stomped me with minimal effort. It may hurt now but contributing my fair loses will eventually cleanse the victory track of Legends and +6 Million accounts and create an arena for my fellow Paragons with 4 Million rating accounts to compete with each other.

4 mill is not a small account though...
  • Disthene_TDisthene_T Member Posts: 36

4 mill is not a small account though...
    No, but even big fish will get eaten by whales.

The more players in the game, the healthier the food chain. The easiest seasons to get to GC are the ones where there is a chase incentive. Whether its bonus event rewards, deathless champ pieces, etc... the jump in player count boosts tier mobility.
  • i13i13 Member Posts: 105
    Ah I hit Platinum 1, It’ll do lol. Plus I got some practice in for higher fights.

With what I won last time just for getting gold, it’s pretty clear only a few 100’000 actually stick it out and go all the way, can see a lot of people loosing patience and giving up early.

Some people would rather not play at all when it means getting a bad kdr.

Just gotta think of it as training, with some goodies along the way 👍
  • startropicsstartropics Member Posts: 729 ★★★★

there's a ton of 3-4 m accounts in the top leaderboards of bgs and AW