**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Quake and Magik 6*

13»

Comments

• Options
    ItsClobberinTimeItsClobberinTime Posts: 3,296 ★★★★★
    Yes
    ahmynuts said:

For the record, this is what we had initially thought about for Quake:

- Concussion changed to physical vulnerability
    - Cannot evade if her personal physical vulnerability is not active on the opponent\

The goal was to take her from where she is now (absolutely broken) down to God Tier.

But like I said, we chose instead to go with no change and to leave them as 5-Stars.

If she had her same playstyle but actually had damage to go with it, this change would be perfectly balanced
    That probably would've been the case. They said during the livestream that if a tune down were to happen she would remain one of the top champs in the game, Ghost level, just not completely broken. Really don't get why the community is against this but oh well it is what it is lol.
    Her value in my opinion would increase as overall this is what would make her available as a higher rarity with higher damage and still able to counter many nodes due to non contact damage. Hopefully people come to their senses and see this change through
    I'm not entirely against it. I think it could be pretty neat. They could do it like they do buffs for 1 stars. Keep the lower rarities as normal quake and have the higher rarity be the rebalanced one. I'm voting no for the sole fact that I would have to witness an absolute uprising of sweaty people crying that quake was nerfed, Kabam hates the players, they're money-hungry, etc. etc. and threads of "Why does my 6 star quake not work like my 5 star one?"
    That's actually not a bad idea and I didn't think about that. If some sweaty players want to keep the broken version then why don't they just nerf the 6* and above and leave 5* and below as they are @Kabam Miike ?
  • Options
    ShoNuff29ShoNuff29 Posts: 416 ★★★
    No
    I feel like you need separate polls for Magik and Quake. Pretty sure percentages of yes and no would be significant between the two.

Personally think Magik is fine as is. Starting to remind me of the Scarlett Witch situation. We were told how game breaking a 6* would be, then upon release, she’s basically just a random fun champ to have.
  • Options
    Yes
    ShoNuff29 said:

I feel like you need separate polls for Magik and Quake. Pretty sure percentages of yes and no would be significant between the two.

Personally think Magik is fine as is. Starting to remind me of the Scarlett Witch situation. We were told how game breaking a 6* would be, then upon release, she’s basically just a random fun champ to have.

Not really, there's a huge difference between those two. A sig 200 Magik on defense would be just as if not deadlier than a sig 200 Domino, if you don't have a champ with big energy resistance for Magik you're basically dead. I'm not saying she is busted on defense cause there are enough champs in the game with energy resistance who can shut down limbo damage almost completely but this is definitely not the same as OG Witch, not even close.
  • Options
    AshacekarAshacekar Posts: 1,777 ★★★★
    Yes
    Poor Magik not getting released as 6* because of her step sister Quake. Like Kabam has no explanations on Magik, just Quake.
  • Options
    xLunatiXxxLunatiXx Posts: 1,146 ★★★★★

So Quake would have more damage but lose pretty much all utility when it comes to reducing ability accuracy?

Apparently...
    I don't know why someone would use her then.
    We use her not for her damage, which I don't think is or would be game breaking but for her AAR.
    Now with this kabam idea, you remove all her utility and fix her "bug" when she was able to evade even without the concussion on.
    So she would be vulnerable to shruggers, AND lose all her utility.
    Why would someone go through the troubles of intense quaking for literally a mediocre champ?? There's no way she'd be good tier like Mike said with that kit. I don't see where I would use her at all
  • Options
    Yes
    xLunatiXx said:

So Quake would have more damage but lose pretty much all utility when it comes to reducing ability accuracy?

Apparently...
    We use her not for her damage, which I don't think is or would be game breaking but for her AAR.
    Now with this kabam idea, you remove all her utility and fix her "bug" when she was able to evade even without the concussion on.
    Why would someone go through the troubles of intense quaking for literally a mediocre champ?? There's no way she'd be good tier like Mike said with that kit. I don't see where I would use her at all
    People use her for the AAR? I don't, I use her because I can just sit in a corner dexing and killing anything without landing a single hit. If they made her a 6* they would have to nerf some of that utility so she can't just quake any defender in the game obviously no champ in the game should be able to delete every defender like that, that's precisely why she's broken right now and can't be a 6*.
    As a 6* her damage would increase for obvious reasons and it would definitely make up for the utility lost.
  • Options
    XelexxxXelexxx Posts: 16
    Yes
    People love Quake and Magik for their pretty broken utility (especially Quake), I just want them in the game because I like both characters, so I wouldn't mind a kit redesign or just a tweak if it means being able to have them at 6 and 7.

For those who disagree and want their broken character, enjoy them as a 5 stars.
  • Options
    Yes
    Xelexxx said:

People love Quake and Magik for their pretty broken utility (especially Quake), I just want them in the game because I like both characters, so I wouldn't mind a kit redesign or just a tweak if it means being able to have them at 6 and 7.

For those who disagree and want their broken character, enjoy them as a 5 stars.

They should really just do what they did with 1*, leave their kits as they are and only change them for higher rarities. Leave Quake and Magik broken as 5* and below, tune them down as 6* and above.
  • Options
    BendyBendy Posts: 3,398 ★★★★★
    Yes
    xLunatiXx said:

Apparently...
    Id rather vuln than concussion as i never used the utility much i just quaked so im fine with the removal for physical vuln or do what someone suggested nerf the 6 up versions but keep the 5 how she is
  • Options
    GriffybetsGriffybets Posts: 23

For the record, this is what we had initially thought about for Quake:

- Concussion changed to physical vulnerability
    - Cannot evade if her personal physical vulnerability is not active on the opponent\

The goal was to take her from where she is now (absolutely broken) down to God Tier.

But like I said, we chose instead to go with no change and to leave them as 5-Stars.

Where can this 5* quake be found?. For 5 years i have spent 100% of my 5* shard crystals on dual class science 5* crystals. She isn't even in the reels. I have pulled 6 Wongs. Haven't even seen
    1 quake. Insane!
  • Options
    PT_99PT_99 Posts: 2,328 ★★★★★
    edited March 23
    Kabam literally shakes in their boots every time someone asks for 6* magik quake, because they know eventually people will ask for 7* versions also and that will be day when Kabam have enough our bs and release 7* Herc to silence us all 🤗
  • Options
    ErcarretErcarret Posts: 2,758 ★★★★★
    The problem is that they can't just tune them so that they work as 6*s. If they do a tuning, they need to be viable going forward in the game. There needs to be 7r6 Quakes and Magiks eventually. Otherwise I think it's just pointless dev time to just take them up a single notch.

Personally, I don't really care. I don't care if we never see a 7* Hercules either. There are too many champs in the game for me to bother about specific ones, unless I'm super invested in them as characters. If Kabam had somehow screwed up the OG Spidey buff and now he couldn't come out as a 7*, I would have been pissed because I want that character in the game. I don't really care about Quake or Hercules. Magik is sort of borderline, though, because I do like her character. But I can do without if it's for the best of the game.

But please add Magik (Sorceress Supreme), Kabam. Don't be cowards!
  • Options
    Maverick75Maverick75 Posts: 631 ★★★
    I can understand why Quake is not released as 6*. But why not Magik?
  • Options
    EdisonLawEdisonLaw Posts: 1,943 ★★★★
    Yes
    6 star Magik would be annoying on defense
  • Options
    Hickdog27Hickdog27 Posts: 137 ★★
    Not trying to be a d*ck here, but if I can’t use a 6* Quake on offense, why do I have to fight a 7* on defense?