**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

[Battleground] Elder's Mark cannot go to overflow?

GAMEOVERJamesGAMEOVERJames Posts: 901 ★★★
edited March 25 in General Discussion
The maximum quantity of Elder's Mark that each player can hold is 9000, but any overflow of Elder's Mark will not automatically transfer to the Temporary Inventory, right?

or it's a bug..... :'(

Comments

• Options
    ahmynutsahmynuts Posts: 5,993 ★★★★★
    Not a bug
  • Options
    PT_99PT_99 Posts: 2,328 ★★★★★
    It's a feature
  • Options
    HippoSleek_JHippoSleek_J Posts: 172 ★★
    I've a good 8000 useless crystals but can't stockpile resorces that are actually of use. Of course 😂
  • Options
    PriyabrataPriyabrata Posts: 742 ★★★
    It's a currency, currency doesn't go to the overflow , just like glory and incursion Artifacts
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,052 ★★★★★

Conceptually though - a resource that can be purchased with units should really go to overflow.

Why would you choose to buy something like that when you're so close to the cap?
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,052 ★★★★★

I've a good 8000 useless crystals but can't stockpile resorces that are actually of use. Of course 😂

If you're at 9k E.Ms, you're not making them of use any way.
  • Options
    WinterFieldsWinterFields Posts: 681 ★★★★

The exception being to save enough if they decide to do another increased rewards season like S12
  • Options
    Rayven5220Rayven5220 Posts: 1,397 ★★★★

The exception being to save enough if they decide to do another increased rewards season like S12
    That's what I have been doing. I always save around 6.5k for the next season.

New season starts and I'm getting 2k+ after my 5 initial round and I'm back close to the max again.
  • Options
    HavanaknightHavanaknight Posts: 453 ★★★

It's a currency, currency doesn't go to the overflow , just like glory and incursion Artifacts

Except that you cannot purchase glory and artifacts. Because you can purchase them with units and they are required as an entry fee, it functions more as energy than it does a currency. Currency is spent in a store.

Conceptually though - a resource that can be purchased with units should really go to overflow.

Why would you choose to buy something like that when you're so close to the cap?
    I wouldn’t (I haven’t spent units on them after the initial investment at the very beginning). I was just making a case as to why it should function as a resource like energy and not a currency like glory/loyalty/incursion. Every other item that can be purchased with units goes to overflow.
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,687 Guardian

Except that you cannot purchase glory and artifacts. Because you can purchase them with units and they are required as an entry fee, it functions more as energy than it does a currency. Currency is spent in a store.
    Calling it a currency is not a judgment about how it is used. Currency in this game is just a counter. There is no such thing as putting gold into the overflow, because gold is not a thing in the game. There is no thing to put anywhere. All gold can do is increase the counter when you get it and decrease the counter when you spend it.

Everything that shows up in the resource summary panel (aka the personal treasury) is just a counter of a currency. None of those things can go into inventory or the overflow. Elder's Marks are currency, so they cannot go into inventory or stash.

There are a number of reasons for this, probably high among them is the fact that Kabam doesn't want 9000 individual Elder Mark "things" to fill up the stash. Also, Elder Marks are not the only thing you can buy with cash or units that is subject to currency rules. Another thing you can buy with units are Victory Shields. They are also a currency, and so they are also just a counter in your treasury. They cannot go into overflow, because they literally do not exist as individual things.

Now, you're suggesting that anything that can be bought with cash should not be subject to a hard cap, and there's some logic to that. However, while soft capping the currency is possible, allowing them to go into the stash is a literal impossibility.