**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Double Medium Parry: Permanent Feature?

DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,551 ★★★★★
With the addition of AW nodes and full mastery defenders in Showcase to the already frustrating experience with double mediums in BGs, I think it’s fair to ask whether this is just something we are tacitly being asked to get used to.

The bug regrettably afflicts some top end attackers (Cat and Silk and Werewolf at top of my list). Introduction of timed or competitive content that disadvantages double medium attackers makes it feel like the bug isn’t really a consideration.

If the double medium parry can’t be fixed, I’d respectfully ask for a statement to that effect as well as some effort to ameliorate the issue. Perhaps refraining from releasing champs with MM hits would also be a good idea.

There have been multiple threads over months—with little to no response. I think it would be appreciated if the team would be open about the prospects for a fix.

Dr. Zola

Comments

• Options
    Crys23Crys23 Posts: 741 ★★★★
    For me, the first double medium isn't the one parried, but the next Light after. Since I noticed this, I only do the medium (double hit) into block, no light attack after.
  • Options
    VaniteliaVanitelia Posts: 310 ★★★
    It's a bummer since WWN and Domino are both tactic attackers. I haven't used either this season because of the parry chance.

Side note...wasn't Drax the first champ with double medium. I remember when his animations were changed...
  • Options
    horrendous_toohorrendous_too Posts: 228 ★★
    Now that would be an interesting idea. Just make all double med champs have the first light be non contact. Obviously would also have downsides in that when defending and they do that walk up light intercept nonsense you wouldn't be able to stun them. But it feels to me that the being actually able to use them on attack would vastly overshadow that downside. Its not like the majority of them are strong defenders. Domino already has this, tigra, BWDO Stealth spidey and silk are primarily attackers. Lady D has some defensive potential, but not tons. So it would really just be a boost to WWBN.
  • Options
    BringPopcornBringPopcorn Posts: 2,713 ★★★★★
    Vanitelia said:

It's a bummer since WWN and Domino are both tactic attackers. I haven't used either this season because of the parry chance.

Side note...wasn't Drax the first champ with double medium. I remember when his animations were changed...

Correct.. and I remember they were able to fix him somehow because he had some weird bug too; but that took a long time to fix.
  • Options
    BigBlueOxBigBlueOx Posts: 1,587 ★★★★★
    Yeah Relic’s getting auto blocked is worse than ever this month… another thing that never seems to be addressed
  • Options
    PT_99PT_99 Posts: 2,320 ★★★★★
    Wolverine relic continues to not connect, you love to see it pal 😘
  • Options
    BringPopcornBringPopcorn Posts: 2,713 ★★★★★
    PT_99 said:

Whiffing is one thing, they are getting blocked now.
  • Options
    Thokk150Thokk150 Posts: 63
    Another bug that I noticed is hyperion no longer being able to chain his sp2 during a heavy, I tried chaining it after the first hit or during the burst of hits but to no avail, a bummer since sometimes you can't parry in incursions (which is mainly where I use him) or in other scenarios, and if you can parry it's still chip damage that adds up (especially in incursions)
  • Options
    Thokk150Thokk150 Posts: 63
    PT_99 said:

Altough I haven't been having too many problems with wolverine (altough it does whiff more than it needs to, which should be never), my iron fist relic does not seem to hit like ever, his first hit doesn't even register most of the time
  • Options
    EdisonLawEdisonLaw Posts: 1,941 ★★★★
    Let’s hope the next two champs, Spidey punk and prowler don’t have double mediums
  • Options
    SirGamesBondSirGamesBond Posts: 4,219 ★★★★★
    Old meme for old bug.
    Intensified miike's pointing finger to the camera: "adapt and git gud".
  • Options
    DanielRandDanielRand Posts: 415 ★★★★
    Couple of good ideas here and yet crickets from Kabam…::
  • Options
    klobberintymeklobberintyme Posts: 1,429 ★★★★
    The opponent status resets after a hit. I noticed it a while ago, and you can see from numerous vids over months. The biggest difference now is previously ai reaction move wouldn't fall in the window of hit/ reset/ next hit, but clearly not the case now. That's why during multi hit specials that don't include stun I'm crossing my fingers.

I've just adjusted my fight style. If it reverts, cool, if not, this is how i fight now.
  • Options
    NüΚΞNüΚΞ Posts: 114 ★★
    Greekhit said:

ahmynuts said:

We also should talk about getting parried when hitting into a defenders block. It happend to me in war multiple times yesterday and cost deaths

That happens because AI doesn’t hold block consistently when you hit them on block like it always used to, but instead spams blocks during your combo into their blocks.
    That block/release/block sequence may end up in a well timed block that gets you parried.
    In other words, AI is able to reparry now 😂
    So true. Especially noticeable when you’re trying to get a champ to switch modes. I’m thinking photon here and hitting into block to turn on pure light…. Good luck lol.