**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

What is the point of Summoner Choice if a lot of 'em end up being champs time after it?

JefechutaJefechuta Posts: 1,205 ★★★★
I suddenly noticed that lately we have been getting a lot of the Summoner Choices champions; and tbh, what is the point on deciding between them if we will get them later?

Comments

• Options
    BendyBendy Posts: 3,392 ★★★★★
    Im still waiting on agatha who came second so not always the case they will be added as quick as depends on what they need and if it fits the event like the spider punk and prowler event name made sense to add both
  • Options
    ButtehrsButtehrs Posts: 4,781 ★★★★★
    It's so the winning one gets there first. Bear In mind we still haven't had some.from the very first one join yet still like Morgan la fey. Or beta ray bill from the second. Which is criminal in my opinion but whatever.
  • Options
    Kabam Jax said:

It guarantees the addition of a specific Champion. There's no guarantee that a runner-up, or someone who lost earlier in the bracket, will get added to the game.

Yeah but why not exclude those that are more likely to get into the game anyways? I remember that the champions decided to be into the game are decided with plenty of time (correct me If Im wrong, maybe I dont remember properly)

Would be cooler to have some choices that have less potential to be into MCOC if its not the Summoner Choice
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,687 Guardian
    Jefechuta said:

Kabam Jax said:

It guarantees the addition of a specific Champion. There's no guarantee that a runner-up, or someone who lost earlier in the bracket, will get added to the game.

Yeah but why not exclude those that are more likely to get into the game anyways? I remember that the champions decided to be into the game are decided with plenty of time (correct me If Im wrong, maybe I dont remember properly)

Would be cooler to have some choices that have less potential to be into MCOC if its not the Summoner Choice
    Probably because there's no way to assess who's more likely to get into the game. Either the champ is on the release schedule, or they are not on the release schedule. If they are, I suspect they don't get added to a Summoner's Choice voting pool. But if they are not, there's no way to know which ones are never going to be.

In fact, it could actually be the fact that they were in the pool to begin with that drummed up interest in the champ, and caused the developers to decide to eventually add them to the game. But you wouldn't be able to predict that in advance.

I don't think it is likely the devs would, or did try to find Marvel characters they had no intention of ever adding, and would never want to work on, and put them into the pool. That wouldn't make sense. They probably did a prescreen of Marvel characters looking for champs they *might* want to add, but were not already on the release schedule. Because they all had at least some internal interest behind them just to get on the ballot, of course some of the losers eventually find their way into the game.
  • Options
    BigBlueOxBigBlueOx Posts: 1,587 ★★★★★
    edited March 27

Jefechuta said:

Kabam Jax said:

This is the approach we're taking now, and I've been pretty clear that I don't want to see anybody that doesn't win their Summoner's Choice coming out for at least 2-3 years after the winner. We moved away from super popular characters for that exact reason, after learning from the first few.
    I heard it’s been more than 2 years for a certain Beta Ray of the Bills 😉😉
  • Options

Jefechuta said:

Kabam Jax said:

This is the approach we're taking now, and I've been pretty clear that I don't want to see anybody that doesn't win their Summoner's Choice coming out for at least 2-3 years after the winner. We moved away from super popular characters for that exact reason, after learning from the first few.
    Yay! Thats really nice, thanks for the response Miike! That means Ill get to play Ruby Thursday in 2026; yeah boy.
    DNA3000 said:

Jefechuta said:

Kabam Jax said:

Probably because there's no way to assess who's more likely to get into the game. Either the champ is on the release schedule, or they are not on the release schedule. If they are, I suspect they don't get added to a Summoner's Choice voting pool. But if they are not, there's no way to know which ones are never going to be.

In fact, it could actually be the fact that they were in the pool to begin with that drummed up interest in the champ, and caused the developers to decide to eventually add them to the game. But you wouldn't be able to predict that in advance.

I don't think it is likely the devs would, or did try to find Marvel characters they had no intention of ever adding, and would never want to work on, and put them into the pool. That wouldn't make sense. They probably did a prescreen of Marvel characters looking for champs they *might* want to add, but were not already on the release schedule. Because they all had at least some internal interest behind them just to get on the ballot, of course some of the losers eventually find their way into the game.
    I mean, I think it is obvious that there are Marvel characters that are likely to never see the light in any Marvel game due to how unknown, unrelevant or even how rarely they are seen in comics, some of them are still cool enough to appear and probably Marvel fans and players will still love them design wise, but others are just like "Nah".

Sadly some of my favs are in this bracket, as I said a couple times, my fav characters are Hulks and Ghost Riders, and a lot of them appear just once in a Comic, and thats it, such as KLUH, Hulks sadness; I think it would be nice to see him as a Summoner Choice to see if people like him or not; but I dont think he is likely to be in MCOC at least for the next years, and thats the kind of characters that would be cool to see in Summoner Choices, since otherwise they would probably just stay out of MCOC forever.
  • Options
    Toproller89Toproller89 Posts: 473 ★★★
    BigBlueOx said:

Jefechuta said:

Kabam Jax said:

Not many people want him in the game.
  • Options
    ButtehrsButtehrs Posts: 4,781 ★★★★★

BigBlueOx said:

Jefechuta said:

Kabam Jax said:

Not many people want him in the game.
    .....yea sure. Thats why he finished top 3 in voting that year right? If quicksilver wasn't on that ballot I guarantee beta ray would have won. Clown statement of the month right here.
  • Options
    Suros_moonSuros_moon Posts: 454 ★★★

Jefechuta said:

Kabam Jax said:

Wait… that doesn’t apply to black tarantula right? Right??
  • Options
    Longshot_33Longshot_33 Posts: 352 ★★★
    At least we know we will get Blob at some point