**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Is there a reason AW season is not canceled?

SiliyoSiliyo Posts: 1,379 ★★★★★

While I understand there’s a “future update” for those who are locked out of AW, but the season is still going. How come?

Comments

• Options
    LightsAnimeLightsAnime Posts: 422 ★★
    You can by pass that screen by going into spectate and a option to choose champs pops up, click that and go on attack, probably shouldnt do it but i did it
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,687 Guardian
    BigBlueOx said:

It is bizarre as seasons have been cancelled for less.

Much less. Which could be part of the problem. In the past when there were issues with alliance war, seasons were canceled because of it, which caused players to gain the expectation that canceling a war season was a reasonable course of action to take whenever problems happened. So seasons were canceled for less and less cause, reinforcing the expectation that this is an entirely ordinary response to season issues.

People assume that because the precedent was set, it is reasonable to assume it will continue to be followed, in ever more aggressive manners. But maybe the precedent that was set was that Kabam learned not to cancel war seasons short of an apocalyptic calamity, because players just assume seasons will get canceled whenever something happens they don't like.

I have no idea what Kabam is thinking with regard to this war season specifically, but I've seen lots of evidence in other areas of the game that they've specifically gone out of their way to break some of the previous precedents in how these problems get handled. I suspect the continuous AQ/input compensation packages might have been the straw that broke the camel's back there. A growing number of players decided that so long as *any* problem existed *anywhere* Kabam should just keep handing those out indefinitely, which made discontinuing them far more controversial than it should have been. And that might have told them that such measures come with a cost that they do not want to bear in the long term.
  • Options
    startropicsstartropics Posts: 557 ★★★★
    PIKESTAIN said:

I feel like sagas have them feeling locked in. And with the addition of the 7 star witch and top Allies gunning for that with resources, they probably want that to keep going.

The fact that they aren’t open to discussion about it tells me something is up. Always crickets

they probably have the next 2 globals in line already. we're not in the driver's seat anymore and there's an entire ecosystem around AW with monetization and everything tied directly to war champions.

"bring this, rank up these, you can't bring those or you die, pull all the new champs that just came out, run them in an overtuned map, and say goodbye to most of those rankups after 2 seasons. enjoy!"
  • Options
    BringPopcornBringPopcorn Posts: 2,713 ★★★★★
    This season is completely busted for me, not a single war had full defenders, some people even said "oh you lost 2 wars I couldnt place so I'm going to play with a friend" and quit...which made new people come in and not be able to place again.
    Its a terrible busted season I don't even want compensation or anything I want the season to be over so I can move on to another alliance or stay to give it a chance with a fixed season
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,687 Guardian
    BigBlueOx said:

DNA3000 said:

BigBlueOx said:

Much less. Which could be part of the problem. In the past when there were issues with alliance war, seasons were canceled because of it, which caused players to gain the expectation that canceling a war season was a reasonable course of action to take whenever problems happened. So seasons were canceled for less and less cause, reinforcing the expectation that this is an entirely ordinary response to season issues.

People assume that because the precedent was set, it is reasonable to assume it will continue to be followed, in ever more aggressive manners. But maybe the precedent that was set was that Kabam learned not to cancel war seasons short of an apocalyptic calamity, because players just assume seasons will get canceled whenever something happens they don't like.

I have no idea what Kabam is thinking with regard to this war season specifically, but I've seen lots of evidence in other areas of the game that they've specifically gone out of their way to break some of the previous precedents in how these problems get handled. I suspect the continuous AQ/input compensation packages might have been the straw that broke the camel's back there. A growing number of players decided that so long as *any* problem existed *anywhere* Kabam should just keep handing those out indefinitely, which made discontinuing them far more controversial than it should have been. And that might have told them that such measures come with a cost that they do not want to bear in the long term.
    That’s a great point. I do wonder if they are entering the other extreme by letting this season continue though.
    Possibly. But maybe that's what they think they need to do to break the expectation, before moving back to a more moderate middle ground. Essentially, make it the option of last resort instead of the second or third option right out of the gate.
  • Options
    IlociaM97IlociaM97 Posts: 93
    Money
  • Options
    PIKESTAINPIKESTAIN Posts: 168 ★★

PIKESTAIN said:

I feel like sagas have them feeling locked in. And with the addition of the 7 star witch and top Allies gunning for that with resources, they probably want that to keep going.

The fact that they aren’t open to discussion about it tells me something is up. Always crickets

they probably have the next 2 globals in line already. we're not in the driver's seat anymore and there's an entire ecosystem around AW with monetization and everything tied directly to war champions.

"bring this, rank up these, you can't bring those or you die, pull all the new champs that just came out, run them in an overtuned map, and say goodbye to most of those rankups after 2 seasons. enjoy!"
    Yeah. I’m leaving my masters ally after the season due to war and the stress it’s caused our ally, etc. made something enjoyable turn into a giant point of contention. A game mode shouldn’t do that to an alliance. That’s the new normal we live in I guess
  • Options
    startropicsstartropics Posts: 557 ★★★★
    just cancel the season without compensation or any rewards, we'd be grateful enough as it is.
  • Options
    jcphillips7jcphillips7 Posts: 1,035 ★★★
    PIKESTAIN said:

PIKESTAIN said:

Yeah. I’m leaving my masters ally after the season due to war and the stress it’s caused our ally, etc. made something enjoyable turn into a giant point of contention. A game mode shouldn’t do that to an alliance. That’s the new normal we live in I guess
    In what way? Half wanting to embrace the suck while the other half is like "yea that's a no from me, dawg"?

That's the part that worries me about my desire to push up into the top alliances. I imagine it would be a good time of like minded people with similar rosters and devotion to the game, but I feel at the end of the day it's nothing but corporate business with a turnover rate higher than a Thai **** house.
  • Options

PIKESTAIN said:

PIKESTAIN said:

In what way? Half wanting to embrace the suck while the other half is like "yea that's a no from me, dawg"?

That's the part that worries me about my desire to push up into the top alliances. I imagine it would be a good time of like minded people with similar rosters and devotion to the game, but I feel at the end of the day it's nothing but corporate business with a turnover rate higher than a Thai **** house.
    Pretty much. Leadership mishandled things before the start of the season and the majority wanted tot take a break because we knew the tactic would suck. A few of the leaders decided to push forward. And here we are. Doesn’t happen without an extremely unfair tactic. But here we are
  • Options
    What_A_MessWhat_A_Mess Posts: 22
    Siliyo said:

DrZola said:

BigBlueOx said:

“Play through it” seems to be the new theme—and not just for AW.

Dr. Zola
    And that’s a pathetic take from me, especially when you have somebody like @Kabam Jax confirm in a different thread they care about the community?
    I guess it's just a polite way to say "suck it up",
  • Options
    BigBlueOxBigBlueOx Posts: 1,587 ★★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

BigBlueOx said:

DNA3000 said:

BigBlueOx said:

That’s a great point. I do wonder if they are entering the other extreme by letting this season continue though.
    Possibly. But maybe that's what they think they need to do to break the expectation, before moving back to a more moderate middle ground. Essentially, make it the option of last resort instead of the second or third option right out of the gate.
    Rather than level setting with an overreaction, wouldn’t it be better to put out a general set of rules around what they consider cancellation worthy (with a caveat that it can’t be all inclusive). Part of the problem is a lack of transparency about how a decision like this may be made, so the community uses past precedent as a guide.
  • Options
    mmartin5817mmartin5817 Posts: 76
    They want us to waste resources before 8.4
  • Options
    VaniteliaVanitelia Posts: 310 ★★★
    Wasn't there a time where we received AW rewards one level up from where we finished (i.e. P2 received P1 rewards)? I could see a scenario where they do that instead of cancelling the season or trying to sort through the mess of finding individual allies that have been impacted.
  • Options
    FunnyDudeFunnyDude Posts: 461 ★★★
    Vanitelia said:

Wasn't there a time where we received AW rewards one level up from where we finished (i.e. P2 received P1 rewards)? I could see a scenario where they do that instead of cancelling the season or trying to sort through the mess of finding individual allies that have been impacted.

Someone said sending out compensation will make Kabam bleed money, although I thought those stuff are virtual and wouldn't cost Kabam anything.
  • Options
    ThecurlerThecurler Posts: 843 ★★★★
    The grandmaster stopped being apologetic about the performance of the contest long ago.
  • Options
    FunnyDude said:

Vanitelia said:

Someone said sending out compensation will make Kabam bleed money, although I thought those stuff are virtual and wouldn't cost Kabam anything.
    I’d be happy not getting compensation and them tuning the tactic correctly……
  • Options
    BigBlueOxBigBlueOx Posts: 1,587 ★★★★★
    Thecurler said:

The grandmaster stopped being apologetic about the performance of the contest long ago.

That’s what we get for locking him up and putting Carina in charge.
  • Options
    TadzioTosterTadzioToster Posts: 57
    We have the same problem. Yesterday new guy joined us he not able to place defenders. We try to unenlisted and reenlised and it didnt help