**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Is there a reason AW season is not canceled?

2»

Comments

• Options
    TadzioTosterTadzioToster Posts: 57
    Were few spots from p2 So its big L for us
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,687 Guardian
    BigBlueOx said:

DNA3000 said:

BigBlueOx said:

DNA3000 said:

BigBlueOx said:

It is bizarre as seasons have been cancelled for less.

Much less. Which could be part of the problem. In the past when there were issues with alliance war, seasons were canceled because of it, which caused players to gain the expectation that canceling a war season was a reasonable course of action to take whenever problems happened. So seasons were canceled for less and less cause, reinforcing the expectation that this is an entirely ordinary response to season issues.

People assume that because the precedent was set, it is reasonable to assume it will continue to be followed, in ever more aggressive manners. But maybe the precedent that was set was that Kabam learned not to cancel war seasons short of an apocalyptic calamity, because players just assume seasons will get canceled whenever something happens they don't like.

I have no idea what Kabam is thinking with regard to this war season specifically, but I've seen lots of evidence in other areas of the game that they've specifically gone out of their way to break some of the previous precedents in how these problems get handled. I suspect the continuous AQ/input compensation packages might have been the straw that broke the camel's back there. A growing number of players decided that so long as *any* problem existed *anywhere* Kabam should just keep handing those out indefinitely, which made discontinuing them far more controversial than it should have been. And that might have told them that such measures come with a cost that they do not want to bear in the long term.
    That’s a great point. I do wonder if they are entering the other extreme by letting this season continue though.
    Possibly. But maybe that's what they think they need to do to break the expectation, before moving back to a more moderate middle ground. Essentially, make it the option of last resort instead of the second or third option right out of the gate.
    Rather than level setting with an overreaction, wouldn’t it be better to put out a general set of rules around what they consider cancellation worthy (with a caveat that it can’t be all inclusive). Part of the problem is a lack of transparency about how a decision like this may be made, so the community uses past precedent as a guide.
    I would, but I'm not in charge of alliance war. I just hand out revives.
  • Options
    FunnyDude said:

DNA3000 said:

BigBlueOx said:

Much less. Which could be part of the problem. In the past when there were issues with alliance war, seasons were canceled because of it, which caused players to gain the expectation that canceling a war season was a reasonable course of action to take whenever problems happened. So seasons were canceled for less and less cause, reinforcing the expectation that this is an entirely ordinary response to season issues.

People assume that because the precedent was set, it is reasonable to assume it will continue to be followed, in ever more aggressive manners. But maybe the precedent that was set was that Kabam learned not to cancel war seasons short of an apocalyptic calamity, because players just assume seasons will get canceled whenever something happens they don't like.

I have no idea what Kabam is thinking with regard to this war season specifically, but I've seen lots of evidence in other areas of the game that they've specifically gone out of their way to break some of the previous precedents in how these problems get handled. I suspect the continuous AQ/input compensation packages might have been the straw that broke the camel's back there. A growing number of players decided that so long as *any* problem existed *anywhere* Kabam should just keep handing those out indefinitely, which made discontinuing them far more controversial than it should have been. And that might have told them that such measures come with a cost that they do not want to bear in the long term.
    Lol, the first time someone puts Kabam in the position of camel, sounds like Kabam is paying and bleeding money because of greedy players. You really are imaginary stakeholder of Kabam.
    I never said Kabam was "bleeding money" sending out compensation packages, I actually specifically stated what the problem was: not the handing out of them, but the response to the ending of them.

I have no idea why you think it sounds like I was claiming Kabam was bleeding money, nor do I think I want to spend any time puzzling out how you think. And if you continue to accuse me of some sort of Ksbam corporate bias, I might decide that would be a good time to compare resumes, you get to list all the things you've done to help the player community, and then I will try to name ten things I've done for every one you've done, and we'll see who runs out first.

How about it, funny guy? Or is "imaginary stakeholder of Kabam" the best you've got.
  • Options
    BigBlueOxBigBlueOx Posts: 1,587 ★★★★★
    DNA3000 said:

BigBlueOx said:

DNA3000 said:

BigBlueOx said:

DNA3000 said:

BigBlueOx said:

That’s a great point. I do wonder if they are entering the other extreme by letting this season continue though.
    Possibly. But maybe that's what they think they need to do to break the expectation, before moving back to a more moderate middle ground. Essentially, make it the option of last resort instead of the second or third option right out of the gate.
    Rather than level setting with an overreaction, wouldn’t it be better to put out a general set of rules around what they consider cancellation worthy (with a caveat that it can’t be all inclusive). Part of the problem is a lack of transparency about how a decision like this may be made, so the community uses past precedent as a guide.
    I would, but I'm not in charge of alliance war. I just hand out revives.
    😂 yes, yes you did. Well played.
  • Options
    FunnyDude said:

DNA3000 said:

FunnyDude said:

DNA3000 said:

BigBlueOx said:

Lol, the first time someone puts Kabam in the position of camel, sounds like Kabam is paying and bleeding money because of greedy players. You really are imaginary stakeholder of Kabam.
    I never said Kabam was "bleeding money" sending out compensation packages, I actually specifically stated what the problem was: not the handing out of them, but the response to the ending of them.

I have no idea why you think it sounds like I was claiming Kabam was bleeding money, nor do I think I want to spend any time puzzling out how you think. And if you continue to accuse me of some sort of Ksbam corporate bias, I might decide that would be a good time to compare resumes, you get to list all the things you've done to help the player community, and then I will try to name ten things I've done for every one you've done, and we'll see who runs out first.

How about it, funny guy? Or is "imaginary stakeholder of Kabam" the best you've got.
    Why would I do that? What is the benefit for me?
    I just don't like you because I think you try to stop other players from giving feedbacks by flooding words and words, you may have provided useful information at some point, but I also think you damage the community in your own way, I don't care if you or Kabam admit or not. this is what I've seen and how I feel as part of the community.

I'm correct about issues of this game for many times already, and I gave my constructive feedbacks too,
    why would I want to argue with you or compare with you?

I guess you are getting mad because I'm correct again.
    I'll take that to be you're opting out of playing, because that is in fact the best you have. A wise choice.
  • Options
    laserjohn26laserjohn26 Posts: 1,482 ★★★★

• Options
    augustfromcnaugustfromcn Posts: 12
    DNA3000 said:

BigBlueOx said:

Oh. You must refer to Vega and WhiteMummy. They just want season get cancels and receive rewards