BG Point farmers

Comments

• BeastDadBeastDad Member Posts: 1,805 ★★★★★
    ahmynuts said:

BeastDad said:

Avnish said:

How you can directly accused these player as point farmer. This is ridiculous. Is it just because they are in still victory track?

I’ve matched a few of these accounts already in the last week. So it’s more than evident they’re farming.

Farming what exactly?
    Potatoes so we can roast them. That's why the person you're replying to is so scared. They feel like what they thought was a funny name might actually happen
    It must be something I am unaware of, because there is nothing of value to "farm".
  • klobberintymeklobberintyme Member Posts: 1,540 ★★★★
    Wicket329 said:

Wicket329 said:

Okay, couple things. First, that’s not a reason for behavior, that’s an observation of isolated incidents followed by a massive leap to an unjustified conclusion. There is a difference between “I matched up with somebody who quit early or wasn’t very good” and “there is a pattern of behavior of big accounts throwing games because they want to remain in Victory Track.

I’m not saying it didn’t happen. I absolutely believe that it happened. I’m saying your conclusion on behavior based on the events you’re describing is incorrect. That’s why I’m asking *for what purpose* would a large group of people find it beneficial to do these things?

Look, last time I will reply to you here.

More respect please 👍

This occurs after the match is accepted by both, me and the rival when we are choosing the champs to ban

The rival account is much better than mine

Of course for me it's great 🤷‍♂️

Please guys, keep resigning

I’m not trying to be disrespectful to you at all, I’m just explaining where you are jumping to a conclusion.

As I said, I believe that this has happened to you. But there’s no reason to believe it’s because they’re intentionally trying to remain in the Victory Track as compared to, for example, something happened in real life at the same time they matched which required their attention. That’s happened to me, I’ve had to quit matches because something more important came up at an unexpected time.

That’s why I keep asking *why* you think that people are trying to stay in the VT. If there’s a compelling reason to do it, then I’d be more willing to say that okay, yeah, it’s happening. But I can’t think of a reason. The mode is structured such that you get the best rewards not from having a high total number of wins, but by progressing. And I can’t see any reason to intentionally not progress.
    he's explaining what but not why, likely because he doesn't understand why. English isn't his first language and he doesn't play competitively like younger folks here.

I'd move on.
  • Wicket329Wicket329 Member Posts: 3,333 ★★★★★

Wicket329 said:

Wicket329 said:

Okay, couple things. First, that’s not a reason for behavior, that’s an observation of isolated incidents followed by a massive leap to an unjustified conclusion. There is a difference between “I matched up with somebody who quit early or wasn’t very good” and “there is a pattern of behavior of big accounts throwing games because they want to remain in Victory Track.

I’m not saying it didn’t happen. I absolutely believe that it happened. I’m saying your conclusion on behavior based on the events you’re describing is incorrect. That’s why I’m asking *for what purpose* would a large group of people find it beneficial to do these things?

Look, last time I will reply to you here.

More respect please 👍

This occurs after the match is accepted by both, me and the rival when we are choosing the champs to ban

The rival account is much better than mine

Of course for me it's great 🤷‍♂️

Please guys, keep resigning

I’m not trying to be disrespectful to you at all, I’m just explaining where you are jumping to a conclusion.

As I said, I believe that this has happened to you. But there’s no reason to believe it’s because they’re intentionally trying to remain in the Victory Track as compared to, for example, something happened in real life at the same time they matched which required their attention. That’s happened to me, I’ve had to quit matches because something more important came up at an unexpected time.

That’s why I keep asking *why* you think that people are trying to stay in the VT. If there’s a compelling reason to do it, then I’d be more willing to say that okay, yeah, it’s happening. But I can’t think of a reason. The mode is structured such that you get the best rewards not from having a high total number of wins, but by progressing. And I can’t see any reason to intentionally not progress.
    he's explaining what but not why, likely because he doesn't understand why. English isn't his first language and he doesn't play competitively like younger folks here.

I'd move on.
    Good points, I’ll take that advice
  • peixemacacopeixemacaco Member Posts: 2,407 ★★★★

I'd move on.

🙄
    What?????
    Sadly ,I don't have an example right now of a greater account that did this on a match against me.

This guy above, resigned right after we both accepted the match and in the ban phase ,he gave up.
    But ,this was a weaker account.

Do I need to play again ,take a pic of this happening again with a Legend guy?
    No...

The respect I ask here is that the trust that this happens.

Lol at younger folks, i could be your grandpa
  • RoastPotato69RoastPotato69 Member Posts: 7
    BeastDad said:

Avnish said:

How you can directly accused these player as point farmer. This is ridiculous. Is it just because they are in still victory track?

I’ve matched a few of these accounts already in the last week. So it’s more than evident they’re farming.

Farming what exactly?
    Points for either the solo or alliance objectives or maybe even both.

Avnish said:

When you say it’s more evident, do you mean these big accounts are deliberately losing to you on purpose? And they are doing this from platinum onwards, and not in bronze, silver or gold?

If yes, then you are in luck. You should be able to make it into the GC in no time.

If no, then you are very unlucky that these big accounts happen to want to beat you every time they face you. And that’s probably going to continue.

If both, then you win some and lose some. So even if you can’t progress your ranks, at least you can still get all those 48-hr objectives done.

So, hey what do you know, 2 positive to 1. I guess these point farmers are really helping you and everyone out.
    Nope they aren’t losing to me, I obviously quit coz my roster is way smaller than theirs.
    My point is, some of these accounts have been in the same tier for like 2 weeks now. It’s a clear case of them wanting to match up with smaller accounts to get easy wins than go to the GC and face people of the same roster size and skill.
    ahmynuts said:

BeastDad said:

Avnish said:

Farming what exactly?
    Potatoes so we can roast them. That's why the person you're replying to is so scared. They feel like what they thought was a funny name might actually happen
    airmundo said:

Don’t post others accounts while also hiding yours, that’s just poor taste. You may have reason to believe they are point farming but that’s all you have, a theory at best that you can’t prove. Submit a ticket to kabam and don’t put accounts on blast here.

Also, if they truly are point farming, the behavior in question will hurt you half the time and benefit you the other half of the time. It’s all net neutral so stop complaining and enjoy those free wins when they show up.

So are u one of these people? U seem really offended for no reason.🤨🤨
  • OrtounOrtoun Member Posts: 779 ★★★

Avnish said:

When you say it’s more evident, do you mean these big accounts are deliberately losing to you on purpose? And they are doing this from platinum onwards, and not in bronze, silver or gold?

If yes, then you are in luck. You should be able to make it into the GC in no time.

If no, then you are very unlucky that these big accounts happen to want to beat you every time they face you. And that’s probably going to continue.

If both, then you win some and lose some. So even if you can’t progress your ranks, at least you can still get all those 48-hr objectives done.

So, hey what do you know, 2 positive to 1. I guess these point farmers are really helping you and everyone out.
    Nope they aren’t losing to me, I obviously quit coz my roster is way smaller than theirs.
    My point is, some of these accounts have been in the same tier for like 2 weeks now. It’s a clear case of them wanting to match up with smaller accounts to get easy wins than go to the GC and face people of the same roster size and skill.
    To what end though? If they are just doing the 3 matches/wins then odds are very good that they wouldn't advance much.

They don't believe us, because they're Paragon or Valiant...lol

And now saying things to me about native language or even age, a clear preconcept...

The thing is that this happens ...
    Ortoun said:

To what end though? If they are just doing the 3 matches/wins then odds are very good that they wouldn't advance much.

??? There are matches that they got 2 points, 1 to go to another level and in the ban phase they just resign and appear the match results.
  • xLunatiXxxLunatiXx Member Posts: 1,398 ★★★★★
    @RoastPotato69 solo and Alliance milestones are NOT worth farming for any account that size. What would they care about a few thousands 6 star shards ?
    I'm ftp and valiant and I absolutely don't care about them. I simply get them by playing the mode on my way to GC, not by farming.
    The reason you see those accounts low in VT is exactly because rewards suck and those people didn't bother last seasons. So they got placed lower and lower each new season.

Again, you're explaining what and not why. What total sum of points and rewards are being farmed at what time cost and to what game advantage? And how can that be differentiated between bad actors and indifferent engagement? Show your work, not merely results of anecdotal happenstance.

Also I'm fairly sure we're the same age if the first numeral in you age is a 5 and the next is greater than 1.

How i can answer this?
    I'm not my rival...

They do this on purpose. I'd said after this comment, they have 2 points and just one to advance to next level and they resign.

Ok, brother of the same age?👍

And @Graves_3 ..this is not a connection error ....lol
    xLunatiXx said:

You're not your rival but we know current solo and Alliance rewards, and they are trash. It makes no logical sense to "farm" points there.

And if they just dont want to face better accounts?????

It seems here Paragons+Valiants are in a side and the other summoners of low level are on the other and the disrespect to not be trusted is the word.
  • BeastDadBeastDad Member Posts: 1,805 ★★★★★
    edited March 31

Avnish said:

Farming what exactly?

BeastDad said:

Avnish said:

Farming what exactly?
    Points for either the solo or alliance objectives or maybe even both.

I promise you we don’t care about getting more 6* shards from milestones guy.

xLunatiXx said:

You're not your rival but we know current solo and Alliance rewards, and they are trash. It makes no logical sense to "farm" points there.

And if they just dont want to face better accounts?????

It seems here Paragons+Valiants are in a side and the other summoners of low level are on the other and the disrespect to not be trusted is the word.
    Avoid to face better accounts ? What's the reasoning behind it?
    Point scoring is out of the window.
    So the only reason to play now is advance in the VT. How does losing on purpose and stay in said bracket achieve anything towards progressing in the VT?
    Still following ?
    Your arguments make no sense
  • Rayven5220Rayven5220 Member Posts: 2,090 ★★★★★

Please explain how i lost this round

I’m not an expert, but it looks like he got more points.
    Looks that way to me too. Hahaha

You were too slow, meaning scored less points. Doesn't look like rocket science to me
  • ahmynutsahmynuts Member Posts: 7,294 ★★★★★

I’m not an expert, but it looks like he got more points.
    Neither am I but I think you're on to something here