**May 8th - HOT FIX INCOMING**
Hey Summoners,
A Hot Fix will be pushed to all stores shortly. This will address a bug causing crashes on some iOS devices. Please keep an eye out and update when you're able.
Thank you!
Options

Pause new champ releases..please

TerminatrixTerminatrix Posts: 1,339 ★★★★
edited March 31 in General Discussion
Kabam, after the next few new champs are released, can you please pause future champ releases for the rest of the year, and just work on buffing the older champs? There are quite a few that can use a buff to stay relevant.

Comments

• Options
    PolygonPolygon Posts: 3,848 ★★★★★
    New champ releases are more of a con than a pro in regards to BGs since people just whale out on them or lose sleep grinding in arena, rather just have 1 new champ and 1 buffed champ
  • Options
    CaptainaidenCaptainaiden Posts: 804 ★★★
    No
  • Options
    DrDisconnect.DrDisconnect. Posts: 407 ★★

Kabam, after the next few new champs are released, can you please pause future champ releases for the rest of the year, and just work on buffing the older champs? There are quite a few that can use a buff to stay relevant.

You know they make money on new champs right?
  • Options
    Ansh_AAnsh_A Posts: 512 ★★★
    While i dont agree with OP because new champs are what keeps people still interested in the game, the fact that two different teams do new champs vs. buffed champs is not a good enough counter.

It isnt exactly a different skill set for someone working on new champs to move to buffing old ones. Plus right now the new champs department is scoring a solid A across the board for 1.5 years now while the buffed champs have been hit and miss.

I still believe we should have one new champ and one buffed one per month.
  • Options
    EdisonLawEdisonLaw Posts: 2,131 ★★★★
    edited April 1

You know Kabam is a company right? If Kabam stops making new champions, in turn they stop making money which leads to them shutting down.
  • Options
    Rayven5220Rayven5220 Posts: 1,565 ★★★★
    I would say if anything, release one new champ, buff one old champ or something along those lines.

Or start working overtime and release the normal 2 and buff one!

Buff OG Thor!
  • Options
    peixemacacopeixemacaco Posts: 1,292 ★★★
    2 champs per month, this year we'll have more 18 (with S.P and Prowler)

24 per year if you're a Marvel fan like us...not bad

• Options
    ShadowstrikeShadowstrike Posts: 3,094 ★★★★★
    They've already said they have the rest of the Champions figured out for the rest of this year and going into next spring. They're not going to stop releasing new champs anytime soon.
  • Options
    ShadowstrikeShadowstrike Posts: 3,094 ★★★★★
    Ansh_A said:

While i dont agree with OP because new champs are what keeps people still interested in the game, the fact that two different teams do new champs vs. buffed champs is not a good enough counter.

It isnt exactly a different skill set for someone working on new champs to move to buffing old ones. Plus right now the new champs department is scoring a solid A across the board for 1.5 years now while the buffed champs have been hit and miss.

I still believe we should have one new champ and one buffed one per month.

Well then I will give you a counter that is unavoidable: they said that while the Iron Man rework/ redesign was well received, it did not translate into major sales since everyone already had one.

No sales means the game cannot continue.

For the record: I also would like for them to buff older champions as well but I also understand that they need money to keep going.

Also, they are OBLIGATED to release new champs at the behest of both their parent company and by Marvel themselves. To say "no" is basically saying the the game is dead.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,273 ★★★★★
    Here we go again....
  • Options
    Sundance_2099Sundance_2099 Posts: 2,837 ★★★★★

• Options
    ChobblyChobbly Posts: 864 ★★★★
    edited April 1
    Can't ever happen because (I suspect) Kabam makes a significant percentage of their income from new champs both directly and directly - selling of the $ deals but also just up keep attention on the game.

I do think, as a separate issue, that the basic pool needs thinning out. I'd be in favour of moving a number of the older (6* or lower) champions out into a separate 'Legends' pool and reduce the cost of the crystals.
  • Options
    NightheartNightheart Posts: 925 ★★★
    Not gonna happen
  • Options

I would say if anything, release one new champ, buff one old champ or something along those lines.

Or start working overtime and release the normal 2 and buff one!

Buff OG Thor!

Ok I get that. That would work. The game just needs some og buffs! Thor badly needs one!
  • Options
    edited April 1
    Bendy said:

Buffing and create new champs are different people working on them they dont need to stop champ releases even if they did each month would feel less and less and people would actually quit
    So you're saying the team that designs and creates new champions...abilities and all, isn't the same team that buffs those same champions abilities when it's time for one? 😑 C'mon now. How so?. And where is this info?
  • Options
    Wow. 55 disagrees.

My life in the forum 😆