**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.

Thoughts on Uncollected Difficulty

FPC3FPC3 Posts: 144 ★★
So, after seeing the first iteration of it, I had some thoughts.

1 - It seems silly that Master Mode is locked when Uncollected Mode isn't. I don't know how this impacts the Legends race, but it just seems like an antiquated system restriction that needs to be re-thought. Maybe that's ANOTHER bonus of being Uncollected, is that Master Mode is available immediately?

2 - The Beginner, Normal, and Heroic difficulties share a Title. Shouldn't Uncollected mode grant the same Title as Master Mode? It's harder, after all.

3 - The map lane item and chest rewards are just way too weak. I'm fighting through 12k 6* enemies and all I'm getting are 75 and 125 ISOs? They should be bumped to the 525 and 1300 ISOs, surely? Level 1 Health pods? I mean, come on... The map Exploration and Completion rewards are amazing, I just wish the lane rewards were a little better to match.

Anyone else have anything they've found while going through the new mode?

Comments

• RedRoosterRedRooster Posts: 337 ★★
    FPC3 wrote: »

1 - It seems silly that Master Mode is locked when Uncollected Mode isn't. I don't know how this impacts the Legends race, but it just seems like an antiquated system restriction that needs to be re-thought. Maybe that's ANOTHER bonus of being Uncollected, is that Master Mode is available immediately?

2 - The Beginner, Normal, and Heroic difficulties share a Title. Shouldn't Uncollected mode grant the same Title as Master Mode? It's harder, after all.

3 - The map lane item and chest rewards are just way too weak. I'm fighting through 12k 6* enemies and all I'm getting are 75 and 125 ISOs? They should be bumped to the 525 and 1300 ISOs, surely? Level 1 Health pods? I mean, come on... The map Exploration and Completion rewards are amazing, I just wish the lane rewards were a little better to match.

1) It doesn't change the Legends run at all. Timer starts when you enter Heroic and ends when you fully explore heroic and master. Uncollected has zero impact (unless you submit to the argument that they dumbed down master, however, it's still a level playing field) Uncollected can buy a token to unlock Master for 300, obviously it voids a legends run attempt.

2) You get the "Unchallenged" blue title, they just don't display it in the rewards for some reason.

3) Agreed on this. I've always found lane rewards dismal, and the full exploration doesn't really cover them for the amount of energy you burn.

I welcome the new difficulty level, I feel that the bosses while not insurmountable had a disproportionate jump versus the opponents leading up to them.

• Superman69Superman69 Posts: 534 ★★★
    RedRooster wrote: »

1) It doesn't change the Legends run at all. Timer starts when you enter Heroic and ends when you fully explore heroic and master. Uncollected has zero impact (unless you submit to the argument that they dumbed down master, however, it's still a level playing field) Uncollected can buy a token to unlock Master for 300, obviously it voids a legends run attempt.

2) You get the "Unchallenged" blue title, they just don't display it in the rewards for some reason.

3) Agreed on this. I've always found lane rewards dismal, and the full exploration doesn't really cover them for the amount of energy you burn.

I welcome the new difficulty level, I feel that the bosses while not insurmountable had a disproportionate jump versus the opponents leading up to them.

1) No it doesn't ' VOID ' a legends attempt. You can do Master first then heroic and you'll be eligible for legends still.

2) It was just for the first uncollected event. No title for Jan quest.

3) Uncollected Exploration has really great rewards. What are you talking about?
  • DanveerKarnaDanveerKarna Posts: 113
    @FPC3
    Uncollected mode has good rewards, Ice Phoenix was manageable @Spurgeo14 , nothing great about her except huge coldsnap. I found her easy to evade and never used revive in that level (used SL 4*, no other champ) .
    1) Uncollected is not related to legends run. Complete heroic and master and record your time. Timer starts when you enter heroic and ends when you complete master. Now, if you are planning to take uncollected between the two level then that's a bad idea since that will increase the timer

2) One title as 'unchallenged' in the month of Dec '17. No title this time as per Kabam's post

3) Completion rewards are good enough, I have 2500 ISO seating in the vault. I think lack of T1A in the game should be addressed rather than ISO and gold. Do daily quests (T4b shards) and grab those basic T4 iso

Nothing annoying about new game modes, but master mode fights can be a little harder, they are too easy on the lanes (25-3500 rated) Lol
  • AcanthusAcanthus Posts: 447 ★★★
    What, you don't like those 250 health potions for your 25000 health champions? Pity
  • DarkestDestroyerDarkestDestroyer Posts: 2,874 ★★★★★
    1 - Gold per fight is PATHETIC! Why doesn't it scale with difficulty?

2 - Chests should also scale with greater difficulty.

3 - Quest crystals contain 99% of the time 75 ISO8... which is also pathetic when your collecting them on difficult quests, either give us uncollected quest crystals or alter them so they scale with the harder challenges.

4 - Difficulty is fine, I also think Ice Phoenix was fine too, anyone saying she was too hard, or damage like that isn't fair, are not upto the level of completing it... just because the rewards are amazing, doesn't entitle all level of player to go gain them and moan if something's hard. Every fight I had with Ice Phoenix was over in 1, those using tons of revives were just not at the level to complete it, but still moaned about it.

5 - Rewards are awesome! Nothing to moan about those.

@Kabam Wolf @Kabam Vydious please take these notes back to the game team, and please tell them not to water it down for all players to do, it's uncollected for a reason, it's supposed to be difficult.
  • The_OneThe_One Posts: 2,936 ★★★★
    I did completion of uncollected, 100% chapter one and gave up on exploration at nightcarnage.

I suck fighting NC and all my champs were dead from full health in 4 hits (all 4* 5/50 and 5* 4/55 SL)

I found ice phoenix and Taskmaster easy in comparison to NC
  • SpiritOfVengeanceSpiritOfVengeance Posts: 2,353 ★★★★
    Uncollected was stupid since the entire thing was easy to get through except just modok but ice phoenix and taskmaster are what I would call real challenges whereas modok is just ridiculous. The rewards are basically just for beating modok. I wish the difficulty was just spread across all the quests instead of into one boss. Obviously the last boss will be hard to beat but with the bugs it just forces you to use resources.
  • RedRoosterRedRooster Posts: 337 ★★
    Superman69 wrote: »
    RedRooster wrote: »

See my comments inline.

1) No it doesn't ' VOID ' a legends attempt. You can do Master first then heroic and you'll be eligible for legends still.

Good point, although I can't see why you spend the 300 units, if you can just do it in the other order for free.

2) It was just for the first uncollected event. No title for Jan quest.

Well... he did say first iteration, and the first iteration does have a title. However, it doesn't show on the rewards screen.

3) Uncollected Exploration has really great rewards. What are you talking about?

Agree to disagree, I think they could be a little higher based on the energy and effort expended to complete uncollected exploration. There were some BS champs and you had to hit them at least 5 times? I didn't say the exploration rewards were terrible. Just think the progressive rewards could be tweaked.

• FPC3FPC3 Posts: 144 ★★
    My point about Master Mode was that it seems silly that we can jump straight into Uncollected mode, but can't jump straight into Master mode. We still have to 100% Heroic (easy, just takes time or refills or both) or fork over 300 Units. My point was, I really feel like Master no longer needs to gate. Let us just jump into it if we're Uncollected.

I understand that there was a Title for the last one, I'm talking about the Master Mode Title. Every month, there are 2 Titles. 1 for Beginner/Normal/Heroic and 1 for Master. Since the easier difficulties share that title (you get for beating any version of it) I feel it would make sense that whatever the Master title for the month is, that it should be shared with Uncollected. A small change, but still, that was my thought.

I had no complaints about the completion and exploration rewards, they are excellent. I took issue with the little items you pick up on the paths. It seems lazy or greedy that they aren't higher versions to match the stronger content.

I have no complaints about the difficulty, that was other people chiming in.
  • bilbuilbilbuil Posts: 29
    Yes totally agree, the rewards are good but the iOS and level 1 potions suck . But that ice pheonix was so weong to put her in , it just was so annoying and modok was a pain , how could he just block in the middle of the combo that's stupid.
  • BuckeyeKPBuckeyeKP Posts: 693
    @Haji_Saab it will be unavoidable damage plus auto-block and an anti-intercept feature. Everyone must use QUake from now on...
  • CrusherCrusher Posts: 305
    BuckeyeKP wrote: »
    @Haji_Saab it will be unavoidable damage plus auto-block and an anti-intercept feature. Everyone must use QUake from now on...

Or blade....
  • gohard123gohard123 Posts: 998 ★★★
    edited January 2018
    I agree with all the points OP stated.
    I dont understand how people misunderstood the second point. Literally says uncollected and master mode should have the same title from now on (excluding the first iteration which gave an unchallenged title) rather than uncollected having no title when you fully explore.

Uncollected should definitely have at least level 3 health pots and 40% revives (since heroic has level health pots and is low difficulties lower) they dont have to appear frequently but should definitely be there.
  • PeytonMariePeytonMarie Posts: 51
    Uncollected isn't apart of legends, so it doesn't affect it.

And in order to get Uncollected difficulty you have to have the Uncollected title. And be level 40. So its "locked" to those who don't have it.

I found it difficult, maybe its just modok one, i will work on this new one also but i couldn't finish chapter 3 of modok without dropping units. And uncollected should have its own title because it's a limited one. Many more can do master that can't get Uncollected so they should have a different title.
  • Lvernon15Lvernon15 Posts: 11,596 ★★★★★
    Why are people moaning about rewards in uncollected who cares about the iso for that you do arena uncollected is all about the shards and catalysts
  • Spurgeon14Spurgeon14 Posts: 1,665 ★★★★
    if u cant beat uncolelcted then you just arent ready for it,

the collector is easy enough to beat with enough items/units thrown to him

but bosses like ice pheonix remind you how weak ur roster is.

Her cold snap literally brought my character to near death but i easily manage to still beat her without TAKING hits from ice pheonix with little health that i have. imagine getting hit in LOL 5 hit combo?

i brought in rank r4 5/55 5* and had no problems vs ice pehonix, why? because my ROSTER is strong enough

i 100% heroic,master,uncollected. the rewards are worth it

Having enough health to withstand Ice Phoenix's coldsnap doesn't make you skilled, but if you were able to beat her easily at low health great for you. I still think it is stupid to make champs lose 12k health right away just because. That doesn't prove anyone's lack of skill, just poor game design. Thats my opinion and many others, but good for you for beating her. You must be bored if everything is so easy for you though.
  • MrchampMrchamp Posts: 31
    The difficulty and rewards are great for the uncollected difficulty. I highly doubt there will be a REALLY STACKED ice phenoix or iceman in ever difficulty of every month. It should be challenging yes and the rewards for the lanes should be on par with act 4 minimum I’m my personal opinion. Also if anyone has difficulty completing uncollected the 100% isn’t for everyone just as being uncollected isn’t for everyone.