**KNOWN AW ISSUE**
Please be aware, there is a known issue with Saga badging when observing the AW map.
The team have found the source of the issue and will be updating with our next build.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
Options

Addressing the State of Alliance Wars - Changes and Comp Planned [UPDATED]

Comments

• Options
    ScottryanScottryan Posts: 475 ★★★
    Kabam Jax said:

Hey Summoners,

We have an update:

Due to the issue with Diversity scoring during War #7, this war will not count towards the season scoring.
    Considering this issue, added to the messy season thus far, the compensation will be as follows:
    General compensation for everyone that participated in S48 - A full season's worth of victory rewards at 3 Battlegroups regardless of how many BGs they ran

We have added the above to the body of the original message as well.

Thank you for your continued patience; apologies for the inconveniences.

this is the exact wrong way to do this. a sweeping change like this ruins the season for so many people who were unaffected by this bug, especially at the highest level
  • Options
    MemberberrysMemberberrys Posts: 2
    This is not a very thought out approach. So much wasted on a war we rightfully won where the opponent placed many duplicates on purpose and we stuck with full diversity approach not exploiting the terrible tactic. Now, we are punished for doing the right thing. This has a high probability of screwing us out of masters in a season where moral is already very low. I think this about does it for me. Time to hang it up and drop this game that doesn't seem to care much a about doing the right thing.
  • Options
    DukeGekk0DukeGekk0 Posts: 4
    This should not affect top Leaderboards its just taking peoples deserved placements away
  • Options
    FunnyDudeFunnyDude Posts: 489 ★★★★
    No more comment from Kabam, I guess it's beer time for them already, too late for checking community feedbacks.
  • Options
    DotDot Posts: 12
    Hey Jax,

Can yall clarify what victory rewards means? We’ve had people in our ally read it both ways.

Thanks!

• Options
    AOLOGAOLOG Posts: 22

This is not a very thought out approach. So much wasted on a war we rightfully won where the opponent placed many duplicates on purpose and we stuck with full diversity approach not exploiting the terrible tactic. Now, we are punished for doing the right thing. This has a high probability of screwing us out of masters in a season where moral is already very low. I think this about does it for me. Time to hang it up and drop this game that doesn't seem to care much a about doing the right thing.

Would you have won the war of the diversity didn't change a day early?
  • Options
    BettaLucNxtTimeBettaLucNxtTime Posts: 161 ★★
    Dot said:

Hey Jax,

Can yall clarify what victory rewards means? We’ve had people in our ally read it both ways.

Thanks!

It’s the second picture. He made a point to say victory rewards for 3 bgs. So it’s awful. Half a 7* is their idea of compensation.
  • Options
    BringPopcornBringPopcorn Posts: 3,378 ★★★★★
    AOLOG said:

I guess they only upset a small segment of players and decided to upset everyone instead. Seems fair...

Not a good analogy, nitrous or no nitrous you ended up driving over an unexpected pot hole and wrecking your car.
  • Options
    XtremeMachineXtremeMachine Posts: 43
    Seasons of past have been cancelled for less. Cancel the season. Compensate the items and pots spent, reward us for enduring this madness. Throwing out 1 war is not the right result. The only answer is to make a wash of this season, apologize announcement, and give us worthy compensation to be your war beta testers.
  • Options
    zuffyzuffy Posts: 2,192 ★★★★★
    Kabam poop in the pants, panic and made the mess much worse 😂
  • Options
    AOLOGAOLOG Posts: 22

AOLOG said:

I guess they only upset a small segment of players and decided to upset everyone instead. Seems fair...

Not a good analogy, nitrous or no nitrous you ended up driving over an unexpected pot hole and wrecking your car.
    I actually changed my post because I didn't want to call anyone out but to answer your post, it would be more like they banned nitrous for future races and not the current one but at the end of the race they decided that those who used nitrous lost even though they came in first... A pot hole would be a random act, not an intentional one that only affects a certain segment isn't created by the ones running the race like this was....
  • Options
    kus234kus234 Posts: 220 ★★
    Kabam Jax said:

Hey Summoners,

We have an update:

Due to the issue with Diversity scoring during War #7, this war will not count towards the season scoring.
    Considering this issue, added to the messy season thus far, the compensation will be as follows:
    General compensation for everyone that participated in S48 - A full season's worth of victory rewards at 3 Battlegroups regardless of how many BGs they ran

We have added the above to the body of the original message as well.

Thank you for your continued patience; apologies for the inconveniences.

Can someone point out which war was war #7? the war which ended today was #9, right?
  • Options
    LOSS_MANLOSS_MAN Posts: 24
    So, my alliance’s war #7 win which would have been a win in either Diversity scoring methodology, and finally vaulted us into Gold 3, get taken away because Kabam made a mistake? And if we finish the season just outside of Gold 3 as a result, we get some 3BG victory rewards??? We are already 3BG so it’s not an enhancement. This isn’t even close to an acceptable solution. I’ll be nuclear if we finish G4 and this is the reason.
  • Options
    CHuck_fINACHuck_fINA Posts: 145
    Garbage comp strategy, Kabam. Go back to the drawing board. Also rethink whatever "testing" you've been doing on these tactics before you release them to begin with. You might save yourselves some of this trouble in the future. We've told you over and over this tactic was way off. And it isn't like this is the first tactic we've had this mostly one sided discussion about.
  • Options
    iDestroyerZiDestroyerZ Posts: 717 ★★★★

So the war that we won is not counted, but the 3 wars that we had to play with 2 less people placing due to a bug, and lost still count? Come on now, like this is just getting messier and messier. Just cancel the season at this point

Exactly man, we also lost 2 wars for the this exact reason and this last war we won, but ofc it doesn't count
    How can a company care so little about the playerbase?
  • Options
    winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,956 ★★★★★
    MCOC Team said:

Update - April 2nd:

If the only single war participation is on War #7, does it mean no general compensation since that War is not counted?
  • Options
    RetlawIVRetlawIV Posts: 50
    edited April 3
    AOLOG said:

Would you have won the war of the diversity didn't change a day early?
    Yes we would of, whether diversity changed or not we were gonna win
  • Options
    MemberberrysMemberberrys Posts: 2
    Ea2one said:

War #7 doesn’t count, can we have our boosts back? Would be nice to get compensation for all the boosts and pots/revives we’ve been using during a broken season

Can we just have the season back? This is terribly managed.
  • Options
    GodMan114GodMan114 Posts: 45
    I too am disappointed. Pushed with lots of item use to win war7, and now our war rating is higher for no reason. I wish we had lost… and/or compensated for item use as well as a war rating fix.

Also, when will this go into effect so that we know our real place for the final few wars? A lot of masters alliances need to know what remains, so we can figure out if it’s worth pushing all remaining wars or not.
  • Options
    FunnyDudeFunnyDude Posts: 489 ★★★★
    edited April 3
    GodMan114 said:

I too am disappointed. Pushed with lots of item use to win war7, and now our war rating is higher for no reason. I wish we had lost… and/or compensated for item use as well as a war rating fix.

Also, when will this go into effect so that we know our real place for the final few wars? A lot of masters alliances need to know what remains, so we can figure out if it’s worth pushing all remaining wars or not.

yep, punish winner to make up their mistakes, the most genius idea of the year.
    Anyway, happy hours and beer time now, nobody will care about players now
  • Options
    ChiefGoatChiefGoat Posts: 124
    Compensation of any kind is good. Will never understand people wanting tons of free stuff because they’re not happy.
  • Options
    BringPopcornBringPopcorn Posts: 3,378 ★★★★★
    edited April 3
    ChiefGoat said:

Compensation of any kind is good. Will never understand people wanting tons of free stuff because they’re not happy.

You obviously don't understand what compensation means.
    Lets say you go to a restaurant, you find something disgusting in your food, and they compensate by offering you a free meal... Would you eat it?
    This does not compensate the issues they have created.
  • Options
    BettaLucNxtTimeBettaLucNxtTime Posts: 161 ★★
    ChiefGoat said:

Okay kabam 😂

• Options
    ShrodinbergShrodinberg Posts: 14
    Coming back with this After days of silence letting everybody play two War After completely destroying an already messy Season by trying to fix it IS just unbelievable
This discussion has been closed.