April Fool Event! Clear Proof of Kabam change the AI speed

DarkNightRiseDarkNightRise Member Posts: 327 ★★★
The funny April Fool event accidentally show that Kabam did change the speed of AI!

Comments

• BringPopcornBringPopcorn Member Posts: 4,323 ★★★★★
    They also slowed it down....
  • EdisonLawEdisonLaw Member Posts: 6,119 ★★★★★
    Read the nodes
  • DarkNightRiseDarkNightRise Member Posts: 327 ★★★
    EdisonLaw said:

Read the nodes

I mean they did change the speed of AI over time. There are some vids on Youtube talk about this issue
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Member Posts: 36,488 ★★★★★
    Well I'm not going into the whole conspiracy aspect. That's not very productive.
    I will say, I was considering making a Post because the Quest really highlights the AI issues we've been having. I was running it, both in manual and auto, and I noticed some strange things. The AI dashing back the second I reached them to make contact, hits skipping completely, lag in controls, all kinds of things that have already been reported. We're aware and so is Kabam, so it's a bit redundant, but it really she's a light on it.
  • xNigxNig Member Posts: 7,329 ★★★★★
    Antsiou said:

Pikolu said:

Wait until you see platpool autofight speed up the game and Kate and Hawkeye slow down the game during their specials.

Now i gotta go try platpool speed up ability on the slow down nodes. Would it be normal speed or would our phones burn again? 🫠
    It only works on autoplay though
  • PikoluPikolu Member, Guardian Posts: 7,358 Guardian
    Antsiou said:

Pikolu said:

Wait until you see platpool autofight speed up the game and Kate and Hawkeye slow down the game during their specials.

Now i gotta go try platpool speed up ability on the slow down nodes. Would it be normal speed or would our phones burn again? 🫠
    You got a 4* platpool to try it with?
  • 11993451199345 Member Posts: 522 ★★★
    Do you even Quicksilver, bro?
  • AntsiouAntsiou Member Posts: 184 ★★
    Pikolu said:

Antsiou said:

Pikolu said:

You got a 4* platpool to try it with?
    You don’t? 😜
  • EgretM4EgretM4 Member Posts: 176 ★★
    I think what he means is how the ai is in slow motion in the quest BUT when it dodges back or leaps forward to attack they often go visibly much faster, back up to normal speed. Showing that the ai does jump in speed under normal questing like it seemed but was so fast it was hard to quantify until it was slowed down in this quest and became obviously visible now.

I think many of the ai problems is them setting the speed of attack so fast it’s faster than they have allocated for the window to block or dex. (Likely not on purpose their just pushing it to the edge and many times mess it up or not leaving enough leeway for even the tiniest lag spike) just a guess on my part
    EgretM4 said:

I think what he means is how the ai is in slow motion in the quest BUT when it dodges back or leaps forward to attack they often go visibly much faster, back up to normal speed. Showing that the ai does jump in speed under normal questing like it seemed but was so fast it was hard to quantify until it was slowed down in this quest and became obviously visible now.

I think many of the ai problems is them setting the speed of attack so fast it’s faster than they have allocated for the window to block or dex. (Likely not on purpose their just pushing it to the edge and many times mess it up or not leaving enough leeway for even the tiniest lag spike) just a guess on my part

Sorry about my post is not clear. So, what I have seen is Kabam did tweak the AI speed over time, make it inconsistent just like this quest, that’s the reason why we got so many parry and dex fail recently. The funny thing is when Kabam release this April quest just for fun, but they can’t imagine that this is a clear proof of how they can easily tweak the AI in many ways lol
  • Wally_WooferWally_Woofer Member Posts: 176
    It's no surprise. We had issues with champs not doing anything before the root mechanic was released. There are other examples that don't come to mind. The question is... Are we the beta test and view it as bugs, or do they capitalize on what the data shows with bugs and work it into the mechanics formally. Yes, some will say a tin foil hat is necessary to have these beliefs...
  • Crine60Crine60 Member Posts: 1,412 ★★★★
    For years there have been infrequent instances I have encountered where a fight will suddenly be at a completely different, much faster, speed than the rest of the fights in the quest. I have seen other people mention this on the forums before so it seems possible there is something in this ability Kabam created that they aren't controlling correctly all the time when it shouldn't be happening.
    Crine60 said:

For years there have been infrequent instances I have encountered where a fight will suddenly be at a completely different, much faster, speed than the rest of the fights in the quest. I have seen other people mention this on the forums before so it seems possible there is something in this ability Kabam created that they aren't controlling correctly all the time when it shouldn't be happening.

Nope I believe they do it on purpose man :)))
  • JVoorheesJVoorhees Member Posts: 50

JVoorhees said:

Are you the guys make youtube bro?