**KNOWN AW ISSUE**
Please be aware, there is a known issue with Saga badging when observing the AW map.
The team have found the source of the issue and will be updating with our next build.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
Options

What's the reason for a 7* Champ requirement gate in WOW Gauntlet?

The individual fights that panned throughout the weeks had certain champ requirements but were not gated to rarity. With the gauntlet dropped, why limit champ based on rarity to complete/ explore the quest?

Thoughts?

Comments

• Options
    AadhyVanAadhyVan Posts: 62

Herc

Gating for just one particular champion seems crazy. But, that champ being Herc makes sense!
  • Options

Because the pool of 7 stars is limited as compared to 5 and 6 Starz so to make it a challenge

Pool size wrt rarity does make it more harder!!
  • Options

Because there had to be something to make it harder.
    Rather than certain tags, they just made it so that you had to bring a couple 7* on one path, 1 7* on the other.

Gating based on tags would seem repetitive.
  • Options
    GamerGamer Posts: 10,388 ★★★★★

Herc

that didn’t stop then it should be need 3 7 star one bout party to prevent him

• Options
    PT_99PT_99 Posts: 3,134 ★★★★★
    Gamer said:

Herc

Because Then Kabam's wording of, "6* are still very much relevant with Ascension" gets nullified.
    Kabam don't want to make exclusive content for 7*, yet.
  • Options
    DarkPhoenix369DarkPhoenix369 Posts: 57

Herc

Didn't stop me from doing all paragon objectives on the left path with Herc, Odin, Elsa
  • Options
    pseudosanepseudosane Posts: 3,885 Guardian

Herc

lol this is exactly probably it. to prevent a herc team with recoil masteries rolling over content.
  • Options
    VaniteliaVanitelia Posts: 367 ★★★
    Eliminates the Herc/Heim synergy. I wanted to go back in to try out the old Electro/Heim cheese on Aegon (build up the furies and then let him hit you) but with the gate, it's not possible. Clever devs.
  • Options
    GamerGamer Posts: 10,388 ★★★★★
    edited April 5
    PT_99 said:

Gamer said:

Herc

Because Then Kabam's wording of, "6* are still very much relevant with Ascension" gets nullified.
    Kabam don't want to make exclusive content for 7*, yet.
    Yea I was just saying there couldn’t had done it to not use Hercules els there need to do. 3
    And there already make a permanent shoting star
  • Options
    Mr Wilson FiskMr Wilson Fisk Posts: 273 ★★
    To make people feel forced into "buying" 7*s/Rank Up materials
  • Options
    altavistaaltavista Posts: 1,335 ★★★★
    It adds a little bit of difficulty without requiring the objectives to be too restrictive.

If you could have either:
    1. Class based objectives with some 7-star restrictions
    2. Tagged based objectives and no 7-star restrictions

I know I would prefer #1. I would much rather be able to complete as many objectives in one run than have to rerun annoying fights multiple times. Spiderham's evade annoys me to no end everytime I have to face him in difficult content.

The side benefit is that it forces players to use 7-star champions that might not normally use, and make players appreciate non-Herc type champions. I know that my appreciation of Gamora has risen dramatically after doing a Cosmic only run.
  • Options
    phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 3,836 ★★★★★
    Much better than tags.
  • Options
    allinashesallinashes Posts: 818 ★★★
    altavista said:

I know that my appreciation of Gamora has risen dramatically after doing a Cosmic only run.

Was she really good for the Hulkling fight? Thinking of a Cosmic team with Ronan/Gamora/Aarkus for that left side.