**WE ARE NO LONGER Temporarily Reverting Tier 1 War Ban System**

After further discussion, the game team has made the decision not make adjustements to the ban system.
The previously proposed fix would have resolved the issue for Summoners who are on the cusp of T1/T2 play, and negatively impacted Alliances more securely in T1. Instead, we recommend that cusp Alliances switch to Manual Placement to your members to place the allotted 5 Ban Champions limit there.

Apologies for the back and forth, and for any confusion.
Options

Legacy Skins!

I posted this on the discord server…

We all saw the skin crystal notification months ago…

Hear me out, this skin crystal should have different star rarity, so a 1 star skin crystal should have a slight variation of the original skin, 2 star a different skin, 3 star a pretty cool skin and 4 star epic skins from the comics, movies, etc.

Also LEGACY SKINS, every champion, or selected champions, should have a legacy skin, a pretty different, epic and unique skin you can earn by doing specific missions using the champion or tag related champions. Obviously this mission should be challenging so this skins can remain unique and exclusive (think of this as COD weapon’s cammos).

This can also help kabam because they can add skin crystals in bundles and special events (better value= more sales).

Let me hear your thoughts and hopefully kabam sees this.

Comments

• Options
    TheExit27TheExit27 Posts: 679 ★★★

Instead of a skin I'd rather a champ with that skin with a whole new kit

That would be great if it wasn't sure to ALSO come with a whole new level of bugs.
  • Options
    Negan_MCOC20Negan_MCOC20 Posts: 6
    ahmynuts said:

NO

People need to stop with skins. Almost as bad as rank down ticket threads

Ok, I respect your opinion, but why not?
  • Options
    GlassbackGlassback Posts: 437 ★★★
    We had skins pretty much, cap came with a new skin and a bleed on sp2 and cyclops had a different synergy 😂
  • Options
    PikoluPikolu Posts: 6,934 Guardian

Why do you people need skins? what's with these dermatological obsessions??

I blame fork knife
  • Options
    Aomine_Daiki10Aomine_Daiki10 Posts: 1,640 ★★★★★
    Can't deal with skin bugs yet the game needs to focus on making Qol improvements without issues along with contents before thinking of frivolities.
  • Options

At least for me, I read the comics, and It would be pretty cool to be able to use different variations of the character (meaning, classic mk.II iron man suit, Ultimate characters, etc.).

Also, one of my favorite parts of the game is the art in the character design, and the art team don’t miss :)

• Options
    BringPopcornBringPopcorn Posts: 3,259 ★★★★★
    I just don't get where skins would even have an impact...
    Unless people start posting videos of their hot pink Spiderman....
    And seeing them in defense would probably be meh
  • Options
    PriyabrataPriyabrata Posts: 1,056 ★★★★
    edited April 8

At least for me, I read the comics, and It would be pretty cool to be able to use different variations of the character (meaning, classic mk.II iron man suit, Ultimate characters, etc.).

Also, one of my favorite parts of the game is the art in the character design, and the art team don’t miss :)

On a practical note,the framework of this game can't support skins and skins are unnecessary load on the servers there's plenty of stuff going on in the game already to be asking for such irrelevant and superficial features.

On a more story based note
    Since you're a comic fan you know how important the existence a consistent canon is. Skins would obliterate the canon cause literally every version of character is supposed to a variant seperate from the original and Is present in the contest
    Take Spidey (stark enhanced) and Spidey ( stealth suit) for example, these are Literally the same person, and literally a few months apart from eath other in their original timeline yet separate variants in the contest .
    A similar thing could be said for,
    - scarlet witch and sigil witch
    - Red n White magneto
    - Red and blue cycops
    - Deadpool and dp x force
    - daredevil and DD hell's kitchen
    - Wolverine and logan
    - cap, cap WW2 and cap IW
    - iron man, iron man IW and all the 3000 other versions of him
    - Hulk and Hulk Ragnarok, immortal hulk, Maestro
    - black widow and black widow deadly origin
    - Captain Marvel, Miss Marvel and Cap Marvel movie

THE CONCEPT OF SKINS AND MULTIPLE VARIANTS OF THE SAME CHARACTER CANNOT COEXIST
  • Options

On a practical note,the framework of this game can't support skins and skins are unnecessary load on the servers there's plenty of stuff going on in the game already to be asking for such irrelevant and superficial features.

On a more story based note
    Since you're a comic fan you know how important the existence a consistent canon is. Skins would obliterate the canon cause literally every version of character is supposed to a variant seperate from the original and Is present in the contest
    Take Spidey (stark enhanced) and Spidey ( stealth suit) for example, these are Literally the same person, and literally a few months apart from eath other in their original timeline yet separate variants in the contest .
    A similar thing could be said for,
    - scarlet witch and sigil witch
    - Red n White magneto
    - Red and blue cycops
    - Deadpool and dp x force
    - daredevil and DD hell's kitchen
    - Wolverine and logan
    - cap, cap WW2 and cap IW
    - iron man, iron man IW and all the 3000 other versions of him
    - Hulk and Hulk Ragnarok, immortal hulk, Maestro
    - black widow and black widow deadly origin
    - Captain Marvel, Miss Marvel and Cap Marvel movie

THE CONCEPT OF SKINS AND MULTIPLE VARIANTS OF THE SAME CHARACTER CANNOT COEXIST
    You got a good point on the practical side, everything else, agree to disagree I guess.
  • Options
    xLunatiXxxLunatiXx Posts: 1,274 ★★★★★
    ahmynuts said:

NO

Skin, relics ... We all know how that went
  • Options
    edited April 8
    xLunatiXx said:

ahmynuts said:

NO

Relics are fine, not sure how is that related to useless cosmetic skins
    Your car is not gonna go any faster cause you paint some flames on the sides...
  • Options
    edited April 8

xLunatiXx said:

ahmynuts said:

NO

Not sure why the "rank down ticket" comment survived but relics comment was immediately slapped down as unrelated. Relics are at least in-fight features as skins would be (or hopefully NEVER will be).
    Also, why is that "car is not gonna go any faster..." part of my quoting your comment NOT showing in your post but IS in mine. Ah, I see. It was in the edit, but I didn't reload before quoting... weird. And some people like the flames on the side because they look cool. The skin idea if nothing else were included in other fighting games like Tekken, Mortal Kombat, etcetera etcetera... never meant to change the character's performance. Kabam, however, with the massive amount of characters in THIS game, can't handle different skins.
  • Options
    TheExit27 said:

xLunatiXx said:

ahmynuts said:

NO

Not sure why the "rank down ticket" comment survived but relics comment was immediately slapped down as unrelated. Relics are at least in-fight features as skins would be (or hopefully NEVER will be).
    Also, why is that "car is not gonna go any faster..." part of my quoting your comment NOT showing in your post but IS in mine.
    Because I added it at the end.
    I didn't mention the RD... Cause the first rule of RD.. is don't talk about RD...
    Look this game has actually pretty good details, the art department does a pretty good job adding details that most people don't notice. Glowing eyes, Rogue taking off a glove during a special to touch the opponent to do damage.
    Add skins for what? So people can put a paper bag on a champ or make it bubble gum pink because its funny?.. nah thanks
  • Options
    edited April 8
    The company that makes Tekken probably own the rights to the characters, same for MK, Kabam does not own Marvel. So there might be some things where artistic freedom is not allowed.
  • Options
    GamerGamer Posts: 10,359 ★★★★★

Then play marvel furtuer fight. I personally don’t won’t skin.
  • Options
    ahmynutsahmynuts Posts: 6,473 ★★★★★
    edited April 8
    TheExit27 said:

xLunatiXx said:

ahmynuts said:

NO

Also, why is that "car is not gonna go any faster..." part of my quoting your comment NOT showing in your post but IS in mine. Ah, I see. It was in the edit, but I didn't reload before quoting... weird. And some people like the flames on the side because they look cool. The skin idea if nothing else were included in other fighting games like Tekken, Mortal Kombat, etcetera etcetera... never meant to change the character's performance. Kabam, however, with the massive amount of characters in THIS game, can't handle different skins.
    It survived because it is an apt comparison. People asking for stuff that we don't need and are unjustifiable in the context of the normal game over and over with no actual reasoning other than we want it. Skins actually take this multiple steps further in that it would directly clash with not only the games sales and design models but also how the game itself runs. So actually, it's worse than rank down tickets which only clash with the gameplay design and resource management loops (which skins would also interfere with)
  • Options
    BendyBendy Posts: 4,039 ★★★★★
    Skins for us anyway are new characters if they are different in a way and could add new abilities
  • Options
    edited April 8

TheExit27 said:

xLunatiXx said:

ahmynuts said:

NO

Also, why is that "car is not gonna go any faster..." part of my quoting your comment NOT showing in your post but IS in mine.
    I didn't mention the RD... Cause the first rule of RD.. is don't talk about RD...
    Look this game has actually pretty good details, the art department does a pretty good job adding details that most people don't notice. Glowing eyes, Rogue taking off a glove during a special to touch the opponent to do damage.
    Add skins for what? So people can put a paper bag on a champ or make it bubble gum pink because its funny?.. nah thanks
    ahmynuts brought up RD unprovoked... THINKING it's an apt comparison. Might as well bring up selling champs again if we're going to say everything's related to an idea that was NEVER in the game... skins, that is. I'm not even defending skins, I agree it's too much for this mobile game to handle. And quite frankly, if they bring skins into the game BEFORE fixing the many many bug that have existed for a long long time already, people are going to be outraged.
  • Options
    Sundance_2099Sundance_2099 Posts: 2,929 ★★★★★

The company that makes Tekken probably own the rights to the characters, same for MK, Kabam does not own Marvel. So there might be some things where artistic freedom is not allowed.

dafuq?
  • Options

dafuq?
    He has a point. Kabam needs to wait on Marvel before assigning the champ's class (supposedly... I mean that's what they tell us anyway).
  • Options
    TyphoonTyphoon Posts: 1,764 ★★★★★
    *leatherface has entered the chat*
  • Options
    Typhoon said:

*leatherface has entered the chat*

IWA Leatherface? lol
  • Options
    ahmynutsahmynuts Posts: 6,473 ★★★★★
    TheExit27 said:

TheExit27 said:

xLunatiXx said:

ahmynuts said:

NO

ahmynuts brought up RD unprovoked... THINKING it's an apt comparison. Might as well bring up selling champs again if we're going to say everything's related to an idea that was NEVER in the game... skins, that is. I'm not even defending skins, I agree it's too much for this mobile game to handle. And quite frankly, if they bring skins into the game BEFORE fixing the many many bug that have existed for a long long time already, people are going to be outraged.
    You didn't even know what the word apt was until I used it. Sit down Lil bro
  • Options
    captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Posts: 5,182 ★★★★★
    Why we always have such kind of threads between Friday to Monday?
  • Options
    ahmynuts said:

You didn't even know what the word apt was until I used it. Sit down Lil bro

you wish. lol