**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

KABAM......WILL BLADE BE NERFED?

AZ1AZ1 Posts: 16
edited January 2018 in General Discussion
Hi Kabam

I wanted to ask you guys what your plans are for Blade. There's talk within the community about him being nerfed in the near future.

Now I recently finished act 5, and with my rewards from it, planned on r5ing my Blade.

However, the last thing I want to do is use my hard earned resources (and rare t5b) on a champ who will be nerfed soon.

In my opinion, Blade is a great champ but is not too OP.

Can we please get some clarification on this issue, so that I can either go ahead with my rank up of blade, or keep the resources, if there are any plans of a nerf.

Thanks in advance

A.Z

Comments

• Options
    AcanthusAcanthus Posts: 447 ★★★
    edited January 2018
    You can count on his ability to bypass nodes like heal block to be "fixed" for sure, because that's definitely not intentional. I'm surprised Kabam even let it go for that long
  • Options
    DarkestDestroyerDarkestDestroyer Posts: 2,875 ★★★★★
    If he is nerfed, a rank down ticket will be issued.

I wouldn't hesitate ranking anyone due to this reason, if they are good now, just rank them.

If they do get nerfed, they could still be good and if not, your free to rank them down.

Too many people worry about nerfs
  • Options
    gohard123gohard123 Posts: 998 ★★★
    Acanthus wrote: »
    You can count on his ability to bypass nodes like heal block to be "fixed" for sure, because that's definitely not intentional. I'm surprised Kabam even let it go for that long

why do people keep saying this like its a valid point. He only shrugs it off if there is danger sense. Why does stark spiderman still taunt all or nothing nodes? why is archangel able to stun opponents on stun immune nodes?
  • Options
    AZ1AZ1 Posts: 16
    Thanks for all the comments so far guys. Looks like I will r5 him then. Just hope there's not a silent nerf. On a sour note just spanked my 70k shards Tryna get SL or smse to go with my Blade and AA, and failed miserably. Kamala Khan was in the pulls 😭 Pulled a DV tho. Have Hyp. Now whether to use my generic gem on either of those? I have both at 5.50 s99. And have a tech gem and rank up gem if I ever pull smse or sl
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    gohard123 wrote: »

why do people keep saying this like its a valid point. He only shrugs it off if there is danger sense. Why does stark spiderman still taunt all or nothing nodes? why is archangel able to stun opponents on stun immune nodes?

Because Danger sense is just an ability accuracy reduction. No other champions with ability accuracy reductions do this.
    Why does stark spiderman still taunt all or nothing nodes?
    Because that's how taunt works
    why is archangel able to stun opponents on stun immune nodes?

That's a bug aswell, expect that one fixed in the future too
  • Options
    Renegade_DoggyRenegade_Doggy Posts: 358 ★★
    AZ1 wrote: »
    In my opinion, Blade is a great champ but is not too OP.

• Options
    edited January 2018
    Because Danger sense is just an ability accuracy reduction. No other champions with ability accuracy reductions do this.

BW against thorns which Kabam have said shouldnt have worked. However they allowed this soo Blade should be allowed as well

Taunt should not work against all or nothing as the opponent is meant to store power until special 3.
  • Options

AA has been in the game for about 9 months soooo
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    BW against thorns which Kabam have said shouldnt have worked. However they allowed this soo Blade should be allowed as well

Does BW stop Healblock? Bleed? Poison?
    Taunt should not work against all or nothing as the opponent is meant to store power until special 3.
    Taunt is specifically made to make them more likely to use specials. Nobody else in the game has this mechanic, I'm not sure what you're even trying to discuss. It does exactly what it's meant to do, unlike danger sense
  • Options
    There would be so much backfire if they nerfed Blade. So, many saved for him intentionally, used awakening gems on him and sig stones. Rank downs would have to be issued, and those wont give you back the awakening or the sig stones. It would be a shitshow.
  • Options
    Run477Run477 Posts: 1,391 ★★★

Why do you think arch angel’s ability is a “bug?” It has been this way since AA was introduced. When a neurotoxin expires, the opponent is stunned. What makes you say that spark’s is a “feature?” Kabam never said that, it’s just something that happens. I’m not sure either of those are bugs.

Regarding blade, the only ability reduction champ that starts with ability reduction besides blade is black widow. Have u ever attacked a poison or bleed node with a black widow? I haven’t personally, so I don’t know if she could bypass.
  • Options
    GbSarkarGbSarkar Posts: 1,075 ★★★
    edited January 2018

Blade is working as designed. Whether all his abilities are intended or not is a different issue. Blade is the only champ that reduces all ability accuracy right at the beginning of a fight. No other champ does that (BW only reduces defensive abilities, that too only when striking her opponents). Danger sense is most probably applied before node buffs/debuffs and thus he has a chance to disable the nodes completely
  • Options
    FabiFabi Posts: 64
    edited January 2018
    He ist Really too OP....i hole He get nerfed
  • Options
    DoctorJDoctorJ Posts: 842 ★★★
    I doubt it. The backlash they got last time from far more op champs being nerfed was huge and they lost a lot of revenue. Nerfing champs in that manner again would probably be final nail in the coffin for quite a few folk
  • Options
    RektorRektor Posts: 678 ★★★
    GbSarkar wrote: »

Blade is working as designed. Whether all his abilities are intended or not is a different issue. Blade is the only champ that reduces all ability accuracy right at the beginning of a fight. No other champ does that (BW only reduces defensive abilities, that too only when striking her opponents). Danger sense is most probably applied before node buffs/debuffs and thus he has a chance to disable the nodes completely

And Kabam is still proactively adjusting certain champs so that every appropriate danger sense champ is captured via synergy and people think they’re going to nerf blade. Blade is the nerf.
  • Options
    SpiritOfVengeanceSpiritOfVengeance Posts: 2,353 ★★★★
    I doubt it I would like to think they are being careful when creating champs now to avoid a situation like with the old gods. People see him being used at like rank 4 or rank 5 star duped obviously he will look dangerous. If you see him dropping the entire labyrinth like flies then you should be worried.
  • Options
    I doubt it I would like to think they are being careful when creating champs now to avoid a situation like with the old gods. People see him being used at like rank 4 or rank 5 star duped obviously he will look dangerous. If you see him dropping the entire labyrinth like flies then you should be worried.

If Hela isn’t getting nerfed, no one is.
  • Options
    CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    Kabam has stated on many occasions that if a champion unbalances the contest they will adjust the champion.
  • Options
    Hulk_77Hulk_77 Posts: 782 ★★★

This is correct. The healblock not proc'ing is a feature of Blade, not a bug.

ArchAngel can impact ability accuracy when he stacks neurotoxins. While it doesn't happen at the beginning of a fight, he can actually 100% shut down some nodes. For example, a special 1 lock node, stack some neuros and AA can get more than 1 bar in his special meter.

There are 3 categories of ability accuracy in the game. Defensive, Offensive, and both. Blade and AA impact both, and that can directly alter how nodes behave. Neither Blade nor AA is currently bugged.
  • Options
    Hulk_77Hulk_77 Posts: 782 ★★★
    CoatHang3r wrote: »
    Kabam has stated on many occasions that if a champion unbalances the contest they will adjust the champion.

Blade doesn't imbalance the contest. He's great, but he's got flaws in his game just like every other champ. He doesn't approach pre 12.0 Scarlet Witch, not even close.
  • Options
    I doubt it I would like to think they are being careful when creating champs now to avoid a situation like with the old gods.

This. Their safeguards against OP champs are built in now (except for Magik, of course). Let’s compare:

- SW was a cheat code against everything.
    - Dr. Strange was a cheat code against everything.
    - Black Widow was a cheat code against everything except Antman on thorns.
    - Thor was a cheat code against everyone except stun immune.
    - Block proficiency synergy was a cheat code against everyone.

Compared to:

- AA is a designed cheat code against non-immunes, decently strong against champs that are only poison immune, absolute trash against double immunes.

- Blade is a designed cheat code against danger sense bleeders, still pretty strong against danger sense bleed-immunes, pretty decent against non-danger sense bleeders, absolute trash against non-danger sense bleed immunes.

They were forced to create nodes that they still use today to deal with pre-12.0 god tier champs / synergies. Safeguard, Dulled, limber, block prof reduction, spite, etc. and they still weren’t enough so they had to nerf.

A blade nerf is coming when we see nodes like “villain champs get a change of heart and become heroes” and “mystic champs have a 100% chance to change classes against skill champs.” And then that nerf would still only come if those nodes weren’t enough to slow him down.

Now let’s see what kabam has done to deal with the mystic dispersion wars that these nerf trolls are upset about:

- Allowed Iceman to eat sp3s all day and survive
    - Created AA
    - Created Blade
    - Literally blew up alliance war and turned it into an embarrassing mess
    - Created defender diversity while still refusing to the end to give us defender kill points.

Analyze the data. Your poor mystics are never coming back. Non-villain/mystic OP defenders are coming soon.

Rank that blade up if you want. Personally I’d rank Iceman or Magik because they’re 100% better than Blade, unless you need prestige.
  • Options
    lordmarsh09lordmarsh09 Posts: 63

Not bugs. All of those things except for Blades have been around for over 6 months now. Blades is not a bug either though, intentional with abilities and meant for those smart enough to figure them out. As well as those people who found a way to pull the certain champs.
  • Options
    GbSarkarGbSarkar Posts: 1,075 ★★★
    Hulk_77 wrote: »

This is correct. The healblock not proc'ing is a feature of Blade, not a bug.

ArchAngel can impact ability accuracy when he stacks neurotoxins. While it doesn't happen at the beginning of a fight, he can actually 100% shut down some nodes. For example, a special 1 lock node, stack some neuros and AA can get more than 1 bar in his special meter.

There are 3 categories of ability accuracy in the game. Defensive, Offensive, and both. Blade and AA impact both, and that can directly alter how nodes behave. Neither Blade nor AA is currently bugged.

AA is definitely a beast. Discovered the other day that AA can even stop the spite node. Only nodes he doesn't seem to stop are power gain and Act 5 nodes (probably because they designed the act 5 nodes specially to be immune to AA modifications and also apply passive debuffs instead of active debuffs—power lock from Tyranny doesn't activate willpower but power lock from special 1/2 lock does)
  • Options
    ImranImran Posts: 587 ★★★
    Guys plz stop. More discussion for blade more chance of nerf for blade. I have been ignoring all blade discussion since beginning but finally I cmnt seeing it's too much discussion for a single champ though I don't have him :'( .
  • Options
    Imran wrote: »
    Guys plz stop. More discussion for blade more chance of nerf for blade. I have been ignoring all blade discussion since beginning but finally I cmnt seeing it's too much discussion for a single champ though I don't have him :'( .

Blade will never be nerfed. Say it loud and proud and keep the nerf threads coming to let kabam know what a great job they did in burying mystic dispersion wars forever.
  • Options
    CoatHang3rCoatHang3r Posts: 4,965 ★★★★★
    Now I’m not saying nerf him but would like some clarification because Blade does things no other champ has ever done.

Anyone know if it is intended for Blade to turn off nodes like heal block from the main boss in AQ? This is rumored to extend to nodes like degeneration and starburst as well. Like in this Video.
    https://youtu.be/RWzhLfc-Uwk

Blade also turns off debuff nodes in AW, can just shut down the a bleed or poison applying to him at the start of the fight. Is that intended?
  • Options
    CoatHang3r wrote: »
    Now I’m not saying nerf him but would like some clarification because Blade does things no other champ has ever done.

Anyone know if it is intended for Blade to turn off nodes like heal block from the main boss in AQ? This is rumored to extend to nodes like degeneration and starburst as well. Like in this Video.
    https://youtu.be/RWzhLfc-Uwk

Blade also turns off debuff nodes in AW, can just shut down the a bleed or poison applying to him at the start of the fight. Is that intended?

You should try reading the thread. Answer already given. Working as intended.

Only applies to danger sense 40% of the time (58% of the time with synergy).