Potential Delay to v44.1 Launch

We are currently working through some issues that may affect the release window of v44.1. This means that the update may not release on Monday as it usually does. We are working to resolve the issue holding us up as quickly as possible, but will keep you all updated, especially if the delay results in any changes to the content release schedule.
Options

Side quest kindred counters

2»

Comments

• Options
    RookiieRookiie Posts: 4,800 ★★★★★
    Solo’ed it twice so far with Onslaught using an SP3-SP2 rotation and Heavy punishing Kindred’s SP2.
  • Options
    BloodyRoseBloodyRose Posts: 42

@BloodyRose yes i did its in the same tab you just need scroll to the right and its there always had been :)

Duh... I mistook that section for something else. :p
  • Options
    Apocalypse590Apocalypse590 Posts: 1
    Rookiie said:

Solo’ed it twice so far with Onslaught using an SP3-SP2 rotation and Heavy punishing Kindred’s SP2.

My issue is that i don't have champs that have psychic shielding (aside of a maxed out red mag)
  • Options
    K1nnyK1nny Posts: 46
    edited April 12
    1% Hercules worked for me! 6R5 Max Ascended Hercules with 6* Gamora Relic running on Suicides. Heavy start to SP2...then brute! :)
  • Options
    KeltanKeltan Posts: 475 ★★
    Onslaught cooks..
  • Options
    Legendboy2411Legendboy2411 Posts: 110 ★★
    Use juggs just don't dex and try to push kindred to sp2 and punish him after the sp2 it will pause the timer
    During that degen outbreak do heavy it will cause it to end faster.
  • Options
    Mini00Wombat__Mini00Wombat__ Posts: 24

Tried with Moondragon 7stars too and defeated him on Lvl3 to get Dust lvl 1.

Now I will go to Lvl5 to get Dust lvl 2

Some says Dragon Man and Ebony Maw are great counters

If you choose a different difficulty level than you have already done you’re not gonna get any of the rewards for the exploration of the vaults. You have fully explore every vault in ONE Threat level, cannot change it, otherwise you miss out on rewards.

• Options
    XFREEDOMXXFREEDOMX Posts: 482 ★★★
    whoever designed this fight needs some serious lovin
  • Options
    AshacekarAshacekar Posts: 1,793 ★★★★
    I used Dragon man, need a revive in 3 of my runs, 4th attempt went smooth
  • Options
    DarkNightRiseDarkNightRise Posts: 84
    Since when a side quest with cheap reward become ridiculous hard like this???
  • Options
    Herbal_TaxmanHerbal_Taxman Posts: 128 ★★
    Hambone was pretty easy. Use MLLLL to keep it simple with reversed controls. When you have an evade charge, hold block and use it to avoid Kindred’s sp1. Because you’re rooted anyway, you can still dash in to punish. Save a special for the last phase…
  • Options
    Sunstar19Sunstar19 Posts: 98
    What’s the strategy for last 5%? Will be rooted and Kindred cannot be knocked out for 5 sec which seems like an eternity!

Used Nimrod and was all good until last 5%. Anyway to bypass Kindred last phase?
  • Options
    EakomoEakomo Posts: 45
    dust works great for kindred
  • Options
    FolkvangrFolkvangr Posts: 96

Tried with Moondragon 7stars too and defeated him on Lvl3 to get Dust lvl 1.

Now I will go to Lvl5 to get Dust lvl 2

Some says Dragon Man and Ebony Maw are great counters

If you choose a different difficulty level than you have already done you’re not gonna get any of the rewards for the exploration of the vaults. You have fully explore every vault in ONE Threat level, cannot change it, otherwise you miss out on rewards.

Double keys this week, so you can explore 2 difficulties

• Options
    Vegeta9001Vegeta9001 Posts: 1,348 ★★★★

Far from my best attempt out of the 4 but all 4 were solo's, I know not a lot of people will have her but she crushes it, you can just stand Infront of him blocking his sp1 and pause the degen timer by punishing the sp1
  • Options
    N8buckeye08N8buckeye08 Posts: 51
    @Kabam Miike, Jax, there’s been a bunch of these posts and no official response yet. I get you probably can’t change anything now, but would like to understand the mindset. I know some people are getting solos but this feels much closer to a Winter of Woe fight than anything that’s been in the side quests recently.
  • Options
    Toproller89Toproller89 Posts: 491 ★★★
    I think it's a good chance to practice playing inverted, but you're right, he's so bad and is killing me every time haha
  • Options
    MrSakuragiMrSakuragi Posts: 4,091 ★★★★★
    Sunstar19 said:

What’s the strategy for last 5%? Will be rooted and Kindred cannot be knocked out for 5 sec which seems like an eternity!

Used Nimrod and was all good until last 5%. Anyway to bypass Kindred last phase?

Make sure you hold a special for when you get rooted there.
  • Options
    BosleyBosley Posts: 247 ★★★
    The best counter is not too play :)
  • Options
    Sunstar19Sunstar19 Posts: 98

@MrSakuragi thanks, I finally got it after multiple times. This Kindred fight is pretty challenging but the positive is that I now understood how Kindred works. Stay away when nightmare mode is activated, and have a relic or special ready in the last 5%. It’s about timing and being patient. Not perfect everytime but a much improved player.
  • Options
    Toproller89Toproller89 Posts: 491 ★★★
    Onslaught works, but can't make a mistake, took like 20 attempts
  • Options
    NojokejaymNojokejaym Posts: 3,916 ★★★★★
    Prof X solos him easily
  • Options
    DarkNightRiseDarkNightRise Posts: 84

Prof X solos him easily

Really? Please share the vid! Thanks
  • Options
    BuggyDClownBuggyDClown Posts: 2,118 ★★★★★
    I used herc
  • Options
    NojokejaymNojokejaym Posts: 3,916 ★★★★★
    Prof X solos him easily

Prof X solos him easily

Really? Please share the vid! Thanks
    I have no video, but it’s simple just a normal prof x fight
  • Options
    IlociaM97IlociaM97 Posts: 105
    Update: after many tries I learned how to fight kindred and I enjoined a lot to solo him 4 times in a row whit torch
  • Options
    OrtounOrtoun Posts: 572 ★★★
    Domino actually worked fairly well for me.
  • Options
    JTTvJTTv Posts: 7
    7 star professor x worked for me. 1 20% revive no health potions
  • Options
    SnakeEyes916SnakeEyes916 Posts: 3
    I've been using dragonman just fine, though mine is r3 7*.
  • Options
    TaintoTainto Posts: 68
    Seems like the most logical approach is to skip the fight and side quest entirely since the defender is bs and the rewards are turrible