**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.

Announcing Event Quest: The Age of Sentry [Updated: Jan 2nd - 21:18 pm PDT]

Comments

• TheLegendKCGTheLegendKCG Posts: 146
    Everyone is just complaining becusee i day 1-2 everything so I don’t have to worry about getting it done. So when ppl are prepared for soemthing to drop the nice they're day around for that so when there’s hours of delay or an entire day delay it makes ppl frustrated
  • DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 20,814 ★★★★★
    PeterQuill wrote: »
    yep but it got deleted it looks like lol. Opps
  • ZachAttack06ZachAttack06 Posts: 74
    Hey Guys, just posted this in another thread, but I have some information to share on the cause of the delay, but I do not yet have an ETA.

There was a bug in the Quest where the information/fights displaying were different on the server, and what you would see in game, and would have made this a way different (harder) experience.

This caused us to have to delay it, and we're currently working on getting it fixed, tested and out the door ASAP.

Thanks Mike for the update.

My guess is that it’ll still be another 2-3 hours before it’s up. In the meantime there will be people constantly asking when will the non-existent update be up. Lol
  • TeeJayFlashTeeJayFlash Posts: 152
    Easier content with the same rewards...take ya time get it right...I am ok with the wait....
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,470 Guardian
    Dormammu on the other hand has no valid counter. You could say remove dexterity, but in this game parry and dexterity are fundamental core aspects of the game.

You don't necessarily have to remove dexterity. Another option that is tactically valid is to use intercepting on Dormammu so you never trigger dexterity against him, or trigger it as infrequently as possible.

I'm personally not the best at intercepting non-stop in a fight with a boss-level opponent, but that is a viable strategy for someone with enough skill. Again, the question isn't whether a counter exists: it technically exists. The question is what is a reasonable level of skill to require for a given piece of content.
  • LilMaddogHTLilMaddogHT Posts: 1,142 ★★★★
    FPC3 wrote: »
    I still want to hear the argument from Kabam for this. Miike says the rewards in Uncollected difficulty are focused on high-end rank up materials. 5* champs are the highest-end that exist until they release 6*s. You need more Tier 1 Alphas to rank up 5* champions at each rank than any other class and rank in the game. And yet, Tier 1 Alphas are NOT considered "high-end" rank up materials? How is that even possible?

You're right! You do need them, but this mode is where you get a lot of things you can't really get anywhere else on a regular basis. Yes, you can still get 4-Star and 5-Star shards in other modes with some regularity, but Tier 2 Alpha Fragments (in this amount), Tier 5 Basic Catalyst Fragments, and 6-Star Hero Crystal Fragments are most readily available here.

Tier 1 Alpha Catalysts are available in lots of other places, and we know you all want more of them, but this is not going to be the place to get them. Keep an eye out as we move to make these more available in the future.

Maybe more T1As will become available in Alliance Bases?

- Farm T1As in Bases with your Alliance! Coming Soon! :#
  • Berserk_NationBerserk_Nation Posts: 223
    Wahoo! A 24 hour break for some of these MCOC addicts.
  • DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,470 Guardian
    RSoxNo1 wrote: »
    Ice phoenix was possible in a single run

Enlighten me. Short of a full health Rank 4, 5* champ it was a health drain that limited you to one or two combos.

With the modified Ice Phoenix that was changed literally an hour or two after the event started? Not even close. Cold Snap did 11k of damage. Not only would all 4/55s easily take that much damage, 3/45s could also take it. In fact, many 5/50s could survive. I'll do you one better: a 5/50 Daredevil could survive cold snap. That's with class disadvantage.

I actually tried 5/50 Daredevil to see how he did. Not badly actually: in my best run he managed to take about half the health of Ice Phoenix away before dropping. Mostly, that was because he could auto-evade special one so I never got tagged with it in that fight.

I never soloed Ice Phoenix: I'm not quite that good. But my best two runs were done with no potions and just the team that arrived to fight her, which I considered really good for me. My best run was 4/55 Iceman, 5/50 AV, and 5/50 Daredevil.
  • Pry22Pry22 Posts: 136
    Hey Summoners,

We wanted to give everybody a heads up that, due to some unforeseen circumstances, we will unfortunately have to delay the start of the Age of Sentry Event Quest that is scheduled to begin at 10 am PDT tomorrow. We're still aiming to have the quest out Tomorrow.

We're really sorry for the delay, and hope to have you all in the Quest ASAP!

Lmfao ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!!! It’s my only day off & bought a bunch of boosts to do a legend tag run & of course I can’t do it tomorrow. This is constant with you guys, what a joke

HI Steel
  • SteelheadSteelhead Posts: 52
    Who on earth is flagging all these posts?
  • TeeJayFlashTeeJayFlash Posts: 152
    Steelhead wrote: »
    Who on earth is flagging all these posts?

((THIS GUY))
  • TikloyTikloy Posts: 13
    Props to you @Kabam Miike finally some actual transparency when updating us. It’s definitely appreciated over the usual “we are working on it” “I’ll ask the team”
  • Hey Guys, just posted this in another thread, but I have some information to share on the cause of the delay, but I do not yet have an ETA.

There was a bug in the Quest where the information/fights displaying were different on the server, and what you would see in game, and would have made this a way different (harder) experience.

This caused us to have to delay it, and we're currently working on getting it fixed, tested and out the door ASAP.

Please keep us updated and also any chance there will be any sort of compensation for this delay, I think a few energy refills and/or boosts would suffice but if 5* shards and revives are thrown in there too no one will complain

• Hey Guys, just posted this in another thread, but I have some information to share on the cause of the delay, but I do not yet have an ETA.

Please keep us updated and also any chance there will be any sort of compensation for this delay, I think a few energy refills and/or boosts would suffice but if 5* shards and revives are thrown in there too no one will complain

Lmao, would you like some compensation for global warming as well while we're at it? You know what... i also don't like that there are only 24 hours in a day, let's demand compensation for that! ;)
  • Mana_PotMana_Pot Posts: 235 ★★
    ShadowNet wrote: »

Lmao, would you like some compensation for global warming as well while we're at it? You know what... i also don't like that there are only 24 hours in a day, let's demand compensation for that! ;)

We definitely are gonna need some compensation in the form of time. I'll be waiting for Kabam to send me a 28 hour day in the mail.
  • MadddcorEMadddcorE Posts: 13
    @Kabam Miike transparency is a very imortant prob of kabam and very much people are angry cause it's not ypur way to handle the problem with customer communication.

Why do you put so many files into one update and hope it is working at all? Keep updating every month will be the better possibility, isn't it?
  • teekqteekq Posts: 190
    Good luck. They held my t5 for almost a week no compensation lmao
  • Mana_Pot wrote: »

We definitely are gonna need some compensation in the form of time. I'll be waiting for Kabam to send me a 28 hour day in the mail.

Let's not forget 5* generic awakening gem on top of those time dialation boosts ;)
  • Mana_PotMana_Pot Posts: 235 ★★
    Mana_Pot wrote: »

Let's not forget 5* generic awakening gem on top of those time dialation boosts ;)

You're thinking too small. We need to start demanding 6* awakening gems now.
    Hey Guys, just posted this in another thread, but I have some information to share on the cause of the delay, but I do not yet have an ETA.

@ElementalSummon what exactly are you wanting compensation for? What are you losing by not doing the quest? We are still getting 30 days to complete it. We are still getting 2 weeks to do a legends run. We are still getting the rewards for completion. They don't owe us any compensation. They are correcting a mistake that was caught last minute. I'd much rather wait for it like this than to have it and then be taken away to get fixed.
    MadddcorE wrote: »
    @Kabam Miike transparency is a very imortant prob of kabam and very much people are angry cause it's not ypur way to handle the problem with customer communication.

Why do you put so many files into one update and hope it is working at all? Keep updating every month will be the better possibility, isn't it?

No, its more expensive to update that often. Its much easier to create content and package it all together.
  • BinawayawhileBinawayawhile Posts: 287
    If there is going to be any serious consideration towards compensation regarding global warming then I could do with a very cold case of beer delivered to Australia, apparently we're in for a 41 Celsius / 105 Fahrenheit on Saturday.
  • GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,168 ★★★★★
    tufan_1974 wrote: »
    Demonzfyre wrote: »
    Hey Summoners,

We wanted to give everybody a heads up that, due to some unforeseen circumstances, we will unfortunately have to delay the start of the Age of Sentry Event Quest that is scheduled to begin at 10 am PDT tomorrow. We're still aiming to have the quest out Tomorrow.

Lmfao ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!!! It’s my only day off & bought a bunch of boosts to do a legend tag run & of course I can’t do it tomorrow. This is constant with you guys, what a joke

@SteelCurtainMUT you have 2 weeks to record a legends time. Get over yourself. If they released it with the problems they are having, you'd be upset posting stupid stuff as well. Be happy they are trying prevent issues. Its a game, not real life.

it is a paid service not just a game.

Nope, it's still just a mobile game.

if we are paying then it is service and we can expect certain things.
    Imagine you bought a phone and it is not working as intended, you went the dealer and complained and the guy at service desk told you this, "chill man this is just a phone, not a real life"

You don't buy the phone. You rent permission to use it. It's not Lease-To-Own. Lol. They're doing what they can.
  • NomarigerolNomarigerol Posts: 159
    If there is going to be any serious consideration towards compensation regarding global warming then I could do with a very cold case of beer delivered to Australia, apparently we're in for a 41 Celsius / 105 Fahrenheit on Saturday.

Jeez ! No winter for you pal
  • tufan_1974 wrote: »
    Hey Summoners,

@SteelCurtainMUT you have 2 weeks to record a legends time. Get over yourself. If they released it with the problems they are having, you'd be upset posting stupid stuff as well. Be happy they are trying prevent issues. Its a game, not real life.

Imagine you bought a phone and it is not working as intended, you went the dealer and complained and the guy at service desk told you this, "chill man this is just a phone, not a real life"

You don't buy the phone. You rent permission to use it. It's not Lease-To-Own. Lol. They're doing what they can.

Did you mean it the other way around? Don't think i've ever rented a phone... lol
    Or is it a US carrier thing?
  • SteelCurtainMUTSteelCurtainMUT Posts: 432 ★★
    Who cares about compensation just want them to release this before it gets too late or at least tell us it’s not coming today so I can stop coming to these awful forums to check lol
  • QwertyQwerty Posts: 636 ★★★
    Hey Summoners,

Did you mean it the other way around? Don't think i've ever rented a phone... lol
    Or is it a US carrier thing?

nah, in the US you definitely buy the phone.