Is the deathless KG better than the original?

PriyabrataPriyabrata Member Posts: 1,242 ★★★★
So it has been some time since people got their hands on deathless King Groot and he seems very strong. Ofcourse we don't have his awakened ability yet but we know what to expect ,.
On one hand incinerate/energy damage has a lot more counters than poison , on the other hand KG isn't a 7* yet.
All that being said which do you think is a
Better option and would KG being introduced as a 7* affect your current opinion?

Is the deathless KG better than the original? 58 votes

Tree better regardless
29%
SecondSkrillertnair2015ThiartcBatman1234CrcrcrcAshacekarThePredator1001UltragamerFr4s3rDarkraw346mbgibsonTribalChiefNuclearBirbmanXFREEDOMXTheHoundhomerbart 17 votes
"Slightly" less alive tree for the win
36%
BigPoppaCBONERaganatorTerraCaprice88AleorKocktradePowerofpain1001TripleBItsClobberinTimeTempest_024KazoraxChiefGoatdee_jay5ILoveDrDoomPriyabrataQwerasdiDestroyerZhyp3r05SagaChampionNacho98 21 votes
Deathless for now but 7* og KG might be better
34%
7abo2aMagrailothosFoxhero007NojokejaymNemesis666LmaoSoundwarpdump_monkeycaptain_rogersDfour24MCOCHazzaChrisRM93xp21PikokHighlander2JJMACEdisonLawKingering_KingPoesie66959Hulk808 20 votes

Comments

• ChiefGoatChiefGoat Member Posts: 159 ★★
    Yes, people are taking him to R3 already. Might never see a r3 OG kg, even if he becomes available as a 7*
  • CrcrcrcCrcrcrc Member Posts: 7,959 ★★★★★
    Tree better regardless
    I think I misread your options but deathless kg is definitely better
  • PT_99PT_99 Member Posts: 4,170 ★★★★★
    OG sig200 still is heal machine and can be used to "farm" HP potions (don't nerf 😞)
  • SammyDeSammyDe Member Posts: 1,083 ★★★
    I was so impressed with Deathless Guilly awakening that I think Deathless KG will be good as well.
    I will try to max sig OG KG and rank 5 him one day but the low sig rank 3 is no match to the 7* DKG
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Member Posts: 5,886 ★★★★★
    He's really good - damage is hugely better than original KG; and Incinerate immunity is a lot less common than Poison immunity. Both have really good utility - in particular, those permanent armour breaks are great for Despair & Inequity; and clutch against Infamous Iron Man, Ironheart, and Killmonger - he basically shuts all three down completely.

Also, his extra SP2 damage is effective against a much bigger pool of champions:

#Robots

TECH + #Hero

Add Prowler and Ironheart to the photo above, because AuntMai is a couple of months behind.
  • NightheartNightheart Member Posts: 2,082 ★★★★
    On damage yes Desthless KG is better but when it comes to regen OG King Groot is better
  • PriyabrataPriyabrata Member Posts: 1,242 ★★★★
    Knew it was going to be close but it's closer than I expected
  • BigBlueOxBigBlueOx Member Posts: 2,111 ★★★★★
    The poll options make little sense to me. I’ll take the Deathless Tree. The Damage boost makes him much much better without “needing” a dupe and high sig. That alone elevates him in my opinion.
  • ErcarretErcarret Member Posts: 2,896 ★★★★★
    I personally find it hard to really evaluate without the dupe. It's so vital to OG King Groot that I just can't compared them without it being in the equation. I don't think OG KG is a very good champion without it. His whole rotation is based on a 12 or so second long downtime during which you basically don't do any damage whatsoever. Without the regen to fill that gap, I just find him incredibly boring to play. Deathless KG is in a similar spot right now.

I've heard that Deathless KG has less healing and more damage, which honestly feels like a fair trade-off. But again, it's hard to compare. Especially since DKG's stats aren't on Auntm.ai.
  • SecondSkrillerSecondSkriller Member Posts: 1,314 ★★★★★
    Tree better regardless

He's really good - damage is hugely better than original KG; and Incinerate immunity is a lot less common than Poison immunity. Both have really good utility - in particular, those permanent armour breaks are great for Despair & Inequity; and clutch against Infamous Iron Man, Ironheart, and Killmonger - he basically shuts all three down completely.

Also, his extra SP2 damage is effective against a much bigger pool of champions:

#Robots

TECH + #Hero

Add Prowler and Ironheart to the photo above, because AuntMai is a couple of months behind.

Is Prowler a hero?
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Member Posts: 5,886 ★★★★★

#Robots

TECH + #Hero

Is Prowler a hero?
    He is, yes. So that's 23 Tech/Hero champs rather than 13 Robots.

Also: Prowler is immune to Incinerate (as are iDoom, Iron Man and Peni) but they still take full (triple) damage from the Energy Burst on his SP2.