Options

Silent nerf to the daily crystals?

Does anyone else think there was a silent nerf to the daily crystals? I noticed that I just haven't gotten anything good since they released 8.4. It's an huge difference from what I've been getting since the release of Necropolis.

Comments

• Options
    BendyBendy Posts: 3,710 ★★★★★
    Everything is rng they cant silent nerf something thats a crystal no crystal has gotten a nerf as far as im aware u just got a string of bad luck
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,296 ★★★★★
    As they've stated many times, they don't do silent nerfs. Also, what would be the point of nerfing the free Daily Crystal?
  • Options
    captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Posts: 4,464 ★★★★★
    I got two VTD in a row in my last 2 7* crystals guys. Is this a silent nerf?
  • Options
    KlippKlipp Posts: 195 ★★
    This has been a topic others I know have brought up with about the same timeliness. You're better off just to discuss it with people you know rather than bring it to this platform. It's a little fishy that it's been happening since soo many new people became valiant right? According to everyone else tho no kabam would never do such a thing... never
  • Options
    Wicket329Wicket329 Posts: 3,096 ★★★★★
    Klipp said:

This has been a topic others I know have brought up with about the same timeliness. You're better off just to discuss it with people you know rather than bring it to this platform. It's a little fishy that it's been happening since soo many new people became valiant right? According to everyone else tho no kabam would never do such a thing... never

You think it’s notable that since more people got Valiant, more people are complaining about Valiant daily crystals? I think it would be weirder if that didn’t happen.

It’s RNG. Sometimes it goes in your favor, sometimes it doesn’t. I once had a week where I was pulling fully formed T6B and T3A practically every day. I’ve also had weeks where I get basically nothing but T5cc. It’s just the nature of the beast.
  • Options
    ZuroZuro Posts: 2,773 ★★★★★
    I literally just got a t6 mystic catalyst yesterday lol
  • Options
    Joey_Joe_joe_27Joey_Joe_joe_27 Posts: 79

As they've stated many times, they don't do silent nerfs. Also, what would be the point of nerfing the free Daily Crystal?

The shocker nerf was sort of silent. Or as silent as it could be
  • Options

Except it wasn’t a shocker nerf, it was a glancing fix. Shocker was just one of the few champions who was able to largely bypass glancing due to the bug. And Kabam already did a very public mea culpa on that one and claim to have found and addressed the communication breakdown that led to it.
  • Options
    CaptainaidenCaptainaiden Posts: 812 ★★★
    Why people always think they nerf the opening crystal?
  • Options
    laserjohn26laserjohn26 Posts: 1,515 ★★★★★

Have you been under a rock? They literally just did yet another silent nerf that was so egregious they are issuing rank down tickets.
  • Options

Have you been under a rock? They literally just did yet another silent nerf that was so egregious they are issuing rank down tickets.
    Wicket329 said:

Except it wasn’t a shocker nerf, it was a glancing fix. Shocker was just one of the few champions who was able to largely bypass glancing due to the bug. And Kabam already did a very public mea culpa on that one and claim to have found and addressed the communication breakdown that led to it.
  • Options
    KlippKlipp Posts: 195 ★★
    For a crystal that doesn't have posted drop rates, you think those aren't ever modified? Sure I'm cynical but there is no way you can speak on if those drop rates are modified unless you work for the company. Rng is the fall back for so many of you but here is why I normally avoid the forums, good day
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,196 ★★★★★
    Klipp said:

For a crystal that doesn't have posted drop rates, you think those aren't ever modified? Sure I'm cynical but there is no way you can speak on if those drop rates are modified unless you work for the company. Rng is the fall back for so many of you but here is why I normally avoid the forums, good day

So prove it. You don't get to say crazy things and then not have any evidence besides "trust me bro".
  • Options
    GamerGamer Posts: 10,283 ★★★★★
    Klipp said:

The drops rate is one them.
  • Options
    BendyBendy Posts: 3,710 ★★★★★
    Klipp said:

U see drop rates if u claim the webstore daily
  • Options
    JLordVileJJLordVileJ Posts: 1,516 ★★★
    We are not doing this again
  • Options
    Mrt9810Mrt9810 Posts: 44
    mgj0630 said:

Bad luck does not equal nerf.

I open two every day (one in game and one from the summoner market), and just the other day it was two t3a.

Not to ask a dumb here, but what is summoner market? is that a separate online thing or a in game purchase that unlocks this? Thank you
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,296 ★★★★★

First of all, it wasn't a nerf. Secondly, they've communicated what happened, so it's not that silent. Thirdly, those Tickets were because they were owning their lack of communication. Tell me you don't read without telling me you don't read.
  • Options
    mgj0630mgj0630 Posts: 1,009 ★★★★
    Mrt9810 said:

mgj0630 said:

I open two every day (one in game and one from the summoner market), and just the other day it was two t3a.

Not to ask a dumb here, but what is summoner market? is that a separate online thing or a in game purchase that unlocks this? Thank you
    It's a separate online store. You can get to it from the official MCoC page, but the link is below.

https://store.playcontestofchampions.com/
  • Options
    captaincushcaptaincush Posts: 584 ★★★
    Mrt9810 said:

mgj0630 said:

https://store.playcontestofchampions.com/

You can login there and get an additional daily crustal for free as well as a legends celebration crystal weekly. As for how to login, don't ask me, been playing forever and had my account linked to a Kabam ID for so long i don't remember how i did that.