Potential Delay to v44.1 Launch

We are currently working through some issues that may affect the release window of v44.1. This means that the update may not release on Monday as it usually does. We are working to resolve the issue holding us up as quickly as possible, but will keep you all updated, especially if the delay results in any changes to the content release schedule.
Options

Solo Event on 26th April

Comments

• Options
    ItsClobberinTimeItsClobberinTime Posts: 3,432 ★★★★★

I’m just helping people manage their expectations, everyone already planning their “free” rank ups but don’t be shocked if what I’ve said comes true. Those bundles are very generous to be free.

I agree. If those advertised bundles are the top tier, it would be the first time in this event that you can get it without spending. History suggests you get a taste and enough of the currency to get a low or mid offer for free, while top shelf offers require a number of Odins or other money offers to obtain additional currency included as bonus items.
    This, exactly my thoughts. When something sounds too good to be true then it probably is.
    I hope I'm wrong but if those really are the f2p offers then I don't even want to imagine what the p2w offers will be like. Gap between Valiants is about to be huge after this, I'm a little worried.
  • Options
    OldManHopOldManHop Posts: 98
    Blax999 said:

The way of getting 900k poolies is common to all title progressions so it would be much more easier than a carina objective 😂 maybe arena and specific duels

Another Platpool arena would be just lovely... would be nice to get the last couple pieces I need.

• Options
    jcphillips7jcphillips7 Posts: 1,058 ★★★

I’m just helping people manage their expectations, everyone already planning their “free” rank ups but don’t be shocked if what I’ve said comes true. Those bundles are very generous to be free.

I agree. If those advertised bundles are the top tier, it would be the first time in this event that you can get it without spending. History suggests you get a taste and enough of the currency to get a low or mid offer for free, while top shelf offers require a number of Odins or other money offers to obtain additional currency included as bonus items.
    Gap between Valiants is about to be huge after this, I'm a little worried.
    Nothing a little Red Guardian power can't beat ;)
  • Options
    edited April 23
    ahmynuts said:

They chose their wording very carefully in the announcement as to not confirm whether or not ftp players can buy the 900k offer

Their tweet very specifically says "All players can get up to 900,000 Poolies to spend just by logging in and playing!"

All 900k are accounted for in the graphic included alongside the bundles - F2P players will absolutely be able to get the (progression-level appropriate) 900k offer.

The tweet is here:

• Options

Gap between Valiants is about to be huge after this, I'm a little worried.
    Nothing a little Red Guardian power can't beat ;)
    You got a very good point there 😌
  • Options
    Tx_Quack_Attack6589Tx_Quack_Attack6589 Posts: 620 ★★★
    OldManHop said:

ahmynuts said:

They chose their wording very carefully in the announcement as to not confirm whether or not ftp players can buy the 900k offer

Their tweet very specifically says "All players can get up to 900,000 Poolies to spend just by logging in and playing!"

All 900k are accounted for in the graphic included alongside the bundles - F2P players will absolutely be able to get the (progression-level appropriate) 900k offer.

The tweet is here:

No where does it say f2p can absolutely get the 900k offer. If you look back to 4th of July and cyber there have been solo events in which points were earned by spending units. This solo event could very well award points for poolies spent. All poolies earned outside of solo event could earn you enough points for the free poolies in the event but doesn’t mean you can earn the 900k without spending any first
  • Options
    ahmynutsahmynuts Posts: 6,117 ★★★★★
    OldManHop said:

ahmynuts said:

The tweet is here:

Nowhere does it say FTP players will be able to buy the 900k offer. Only that they will get 900k poolies. Everyone is only assuming that they'll be able to buy the 900k offers
  • Options
    OldManHop said:

ahmynuts said:

All 900k are accounted for in the graphic included alongside the bundles - F2P players will absolutely be able to get the (level-appropriate) 900k offer.

The tweet is here:

This is also valid, why on Earth would they make it sound like both of these offers will be f2p if only one of them is.
    There are two options here and honestly, they're both equally terrifying lol either the 900k offer is p2w and only the 825k is f2p, or the 900k is f2p indeed but this also means the p2w ones will just straight up give whales one or two extra r3s. Either way, I'm a little concerned about these.
  • Options
    edited April 23
    It seems fairly clear to me that 900k will be available completely for free and that additional Poolies will be obtainable via offers, allowing you to buy additional packs if you choose to spend. This is based on the in-game mail about the event + the twitter post.
  • Options
    MoghazyMoghazy Posts: 43
    Kabam can put us out of our misery by just announcing the solo event but I know they won't... We will have to wait and see it on 26th April
  • Options
    edited April 23
    Moghazy said:

Kabam can put us out of our misery by just announcing the solo event but I know they won't... We will have to wait and see it on 26th April

I don't see any deception here. Between the twitter post and the in-game mail, I highly doubt that this is going to be a Banquet-type situation.

We'll get 900k for basic participation + more if we wanna spend money. It's just another currency.

To announce something like this with the wording that they used and to then throw up a paywall would be absurdly stupid.
  • Options
    OldManHop said:

It seems fairly clear to me that 900k will be available completely for free and that additional Poolies will be obtainable via offers, allowing you to buy additional packs if you choose to spend. This is based on the in-game mail about the event + the twitter post.

You are correct, but nothing says that some of the “free” poolies aren’t earned via spending some of the other free ones first. The solo event can be points earned by spending poolies and various milestones add up to the 420k of the “free” poolies that come from the solo event, you’ll get 900k free but nothing says you can use the free ones to get the 900k bundle
  • Options
    Ya'll will find a way to complain about anything, won't ya?
  • Options
    OldManHop said:

Ya'll will find a way to complain about anything, won't ya?

No one was complaining it was managing expectations, we now have confirmation but before people planning for best case is what leads to uproar
  • Options

No one was complaining it was managing expectations, we now have confirmation but before people planning for best case is what leads to uproar

Seems more like a reading comprehension issue, but you got your answer. All's well that ends well.
  • Options
    PistolcuApaPistolcuApa Posts: 115

I can confirm the 900k Poolies are available without spending, that the offers advertised are available for those Poolies and not locked behind any sort of additional spend, and that the solo objectives/event to earn Poolies are going to be something easy that everyone can do.

This is as it seems. So long as you collect all of the free Poolies and are the listed progression you will have access to these bundles.

This right here, it's like a ray of sunshine after all the unnecessary hard content wow has provided, aw showcase, and 8.1 8.2 6 paths per quest zzzz. Thank you all at kabam/marvel for giving out nice rewards without having to spend.
  • Options
    Graves_3Graves_3 Posts: 1,324 ★★★★★

I can confirm the 900k Poolies are available without spending, that the offers advertised are available for those Poolies and not locked behind any sort of additional spend, and that the solo objectives/event to earn Poolies are going to be something easy that everyone can do.

This is as it seems. So long as you collect all of the free Poolies and are the listed progression you will have access to these bundles.

Hey sir can you confirm one more thing that in this f2p can we get both items listed in valiant bundle or do we have a choice to choose between both upper and lower bundle
    It’s going to take a hell of a lot of negotiating but I guess if you can convince them to sell 1725000 poolies worth of stuff for 900000 poolies, you will be able to buy both.
  • Options
    ahmynutsahmynuts Posts: 6,117 ★★★★★
    Oh so there's about to be like 6 new rank 3s available this weekend then 💀
  • Options
    GamerGamer Posts: 10,247 ★★★★★

Hey sir can you confirm one more thing that in this f2p can we get both items listed in valiant bundle or do we have a choice to choose between both upper and lower bundle
    Clearly a choice thing so it either a or b
  • Options
    SecondSkrillerSecondSkriller Posts: 970 ★★★★

That sounds like an amazing event you guys cooked up
  • Options
    peixemacacopeixemacaco Posts: 1,285 ★★★
    Duo_Kulio said:

🙄
    Ok, I will see my real life agenda and tell people I will play Mcoc
  • Options
    spiderknight616spiderknight616 Posts: 462 ★★★

You will have to choose
  • Options
    ButtehrsButtehrs Posts: 4,805 ★★★★★
    Why anyone would choose option A over B is beyond me. At any level.
  • Options
    PantherusNZPantherusNZ Posts: 1,485 ★★★★
    Buttehrs said:

Why anyone would choose option A over B is beyond me. At any level.

It's pretty much there for those who might fall short of the full 900k
  • Options
    PT_99PT_99 Posts: 2,456 ★★★★★
    OldManHop said:

Thank you for confirming what was already clear to apparently only me.
    Being mean to Kabam crashed results in very very dire consequences in-game, don't be surprised if your next 7* crystals somehow open 5 warmachines