**KNOWN AW ISSUE**
Please be aware, there is a known issue with Saga badging when observing the AW map.
The team have found the source of the issue and will be updating with our next build.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
**KNOWN BUG - SPRING OF SORROW ANNIHILUS**
Currently, Annihilus has their Signature ability erroneously set to 1 - it should be 0.

The team will be fixing this issue ASAP.

Thank you for your patience.
Options

Timing is everything at BG

GomezlinkGomezlink Posts: 220
edited April 24 in General Discussion
Kabam, please, remove this **** about time points in BGs, I accept the defeat, but with the qualities of the new champions, which the top accounts have, it is not possible to compete with time... champions who make the fight in 30 seconds they have a huge advantage, against champions who fight cleanly, without mistakes...
One of the reasons why BG is so boring and unbalanced...

Comments

• Options
    PT_99PT_99 Posts: 3,094 ★★★★★
    Then just use meta attackers lol,
    That's the whole reason why Kabam gives new nodes in BG every season to change up things.

So maybe watch a YouTube vid or two to finish fights under 30-45 seconds?
  • Options
    edited April 24
    PT_99 said:

That's the whole reason why Kabam gives new nodes in BG every season to change up things.

With my tops I also do it in a few seconds, it doesn't mean that I think it's fair, beating someone who finished with 100% life later, the match already has a duration, which serves as punishment, why reward if the fight was quick or not?
  • Options
    kikiFurieuxkikiFurieux Posts: 244 ★★★
    PT_99 said:

I kinda disagree with that... Those meta attackers will be meta attackers all the time. CGR, Hulkling, Tigra, Kate, etc... They've been must-have in BG for a while now.
    What I wish is a node where a certain category (mystic, mutant, etc...) has like 500% attack or 500% defense. That would shake things up.
    Or maybe even ban champs entirely
  • Options
    OxygeN610OxygeN610 Posts: 53
    Gomezlink said:

Kabam, please, remove this **** about time points in BGs, I accept the defeat, but with the qualities of the new champions, which the top accounts have, it is not possible to compete with time... champions who make the fight in 30 seconds they have a huge advantage, against champions who fight cleanly, without mistakes...
    One of the reasons why BG is so boring and unbalanced...

I disagree with you, but on the other hand, I understand your point of view. Generally speaking, a match in Battlegrounds lasts between 8 and 10 minutes. In the GC with the suicide masteries, the fights end so quickly that in the end, three matches of 20-30 seconds each equal to a maximum of 1 minute and 30 seconds of fight time, so we spend more time building the deck than fighting. I find that abnormal. I like Battlegrounds, and it's my favorite game mode, but I think we've reached a point where Battlegrounds began about a year ago, when the max rank was 6R3 if I'm not mistaken. I was on a break from the game at the time, but it seems to me that no changes (increase in defender's health) have been made since, even though we are now playing with 6R5+ ascension and 7R3 champions. I think it would be a good idea to increase the defender's health
  • Options
    SquirrelguySquirrelguy Posts: 2,652 ★★★★★
    Let me just collect how I interpret your post:
    1. BGs should not have any score related to time of fight.
    2. It "is not possible to compete with time" because some accounts are better than others.
    3. Champs that can finish a fight quickly get more points in a mode that rewards timliness than champions that take a long time but don't make mistakes.
    4. BGs are "boring and unbalanced".
    Counterpoint: obviously? but also no.

You're welcome to enjoy meticulous fighting without getting hit, but that doesn't mean that the current system is a bad one. Even in your scenario, if you are so good as to never make a mistake and beat the opponent with a full yellow bar (which is, I assume, how you rate a good fight), then there is no differentiating metric to determine between you and an opponent who does the same.

Some accounts are always better than others (in that they have a better roster), that is one of the metrics of a good account, not just perfect gameplay. What I find far more relevant to the time that a fight lasts is having/drafting champions that properly fit the matchup and simplify the fight so that it can go quickly.

If you know that a mode rewards quick gameplay but you are stuck on playing fights "without mistakes", then I would argue that you are making a bigger mistake than the person who plays imperfectly (I suppose in terms of health) but gets a better score. Losing health is not always a mistake, and often can be intentionally beneficial to a champion's abilities.

Almost every person I know considers faster things as generally less boring than slow and meticulous things. Maybe you just need to combine your penchant for not making mistakes with even better gameplay to be able to finish fights quickly.

TLDR: making no mistakes /= winning /= interesting /= better.
  • Options
    edited April 24
    Something like that I say, an opponent like Kingpin, where you don't take damage, using Hukling and the opponent using Doom, both leaving with 100% health, why should victory over time have more value?

• Options
    Rayven5220Rayven5220 Posts: 1,934 ★★★★★
    Gomezlink said:

PT_99 said:

With my tops I also do it in a few seconds, it doesn't mean that I think it's fair, beating someone who finished with 100% life later, the match already has a duration, which serves as punishment, why reward if the fight was quick or not?
    Because if I do my fight in 28 seconds at 95% health and you take 2 minutes at 100% health, why should I be penalized more than you are for doing it 90 seconds faster than you did at 5% less health?

Smh

• Options
    Ayden_noah1Ayden_noah1 Posts: 1,393 ★★★★
    edited April 24
    Gomezlink said:

Something like that I say, an opponent like Kingpin, where you don't take damage, using Hukling and the opponent using Doom, both leaving with 100% health, why should victory over time have more value?

So in this scenario if both champs finish at 100% health and KO the defender, you want the outcome to be a tie. What or parameters will determines who wins now? Do we use how many hits it took to take down the defender or how many hit's the attacker takes? What is your ideal point scoring system? BG takes long enough as it is currenlty, so I don't like the your current idea since it will add more time to the average round. It will become more of a grind. If you have more health but don't KO the defender who gets the win? Does KO trump all or is more health more important? Not everyone is going to like every scenario based on their experience, skill level and BG decks so I don't see a solution that every summoner will be satisfy with. The current point system works since we are familiar with it and has a winner for 99% of the scenarios.

Also timing is the less amount of points award so it's not everything in BG.
  • Options
    Because there is already a penalty for time, which is the time of the match, and why not a draw? There is this option if the score is the same in all aspects
  • Options
    WinterFieldsWinterFields Posts: 714 ★★★★
    In finance, there's a basic principle of risk vs reward. Higher risk should be better compensated. In BG, time is often related to risk. Faster play is generally riskier than slow and cautious
  • Options
    Mixtapevol02Mixtapevol02 Posts: 67
    Gomezlink said:

Because there is already a penalty for time, which is the time of the match, and why not a draw? There is this option if the score is the same in all aspects

If we both KO the opponent with 100% health remaining, but I did it in 30s and you took 2mins
    If that is a draw in your mind, then that’s 1min and 30s, I’m not getting back.